News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dino Mecard by Sonokong - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, April 10, 2019, 12:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Some of these were mentioned in the "new for 2018" thread, but they were only from YouTube videos. These actually became available in January and February of 2019. It's already the most diverse 2019 lineup of any company. Some are not too bad, while a few are quite awful.

Most are two-packs with a moderately stylized version and a tiny, extremely cartoony version.

Acrocanthosaurus

Allosaurus

ammonite with bonus crustacean passenger

Anomalocaris

Archelon

Armadillosuchus

Carcharodontosaurus

Dimetrodon

Dimorphodon

Diplodocus

Dunkleosteus

Dracorex

Einiosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Hylaeosaurus

Mammuthus

Monolophosaurus

Mosasaurus

Nigersaurus

Ouranosaurus

Psittacosaurus

Quetzalcoatlus, although it doesn't remotely resemble a Quetzalcoatlus

Saltasaurus

Sauropelta

Shastasaurus

Therizinosaurus

Tsintaosaurus

Tupandactylus

Then there are these little characters who are from the Dino Mecard movie that came out a few months ago in Korea.

Koreasaltipes, with a little car that he can fold up into

Kai with a little car that he can fold up into. I am not sure what Kai is supposed to be, but I speculated in my collection thread that he might be the 'frogamander' Gerobatrachus.

Kai with a swamp thing doppelgänger?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Toasaurus

Does anyone know where i can pick these up? Cause i doubt they sell these in canada lol

stargatedalek

That red-eyed treefrog mirelurk is pretty cool.

These are a significant improvement over their predecessors, and some impressive species choices too.

Killekor

Some of these models look really great, such as the Psittacosaurus, which is really cool!
I sincerely hope that one they an European toy store will sell those, so that I can get the Psittacosaurus.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Halichoeres

They're showing up slowly on eBay and Amazon, but I would wait until several sellers are offering them, as the initial offers are very overpriced. I got mine through a drop-shipping service.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Toasaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 10, 2019, 02:47:08 PM
They're showing up slowly on eBay and Amazon, but I would wait until several sellers are offering them, as the initial offers are very overpriced. I got mine through a drop-shipping service.
ive only seen the mini ones idk if the bigger ones are you cause i really like that armordillosuchus

stargatedalek

I wasn't a fan of the older robotic looking ones, but I quite like these ones. Even the chibi/baby versions are much nicer when they're more organic looking, I could definitely use them for Dinosaur King customs, as the official lines had very few of the chibi designs and these would make decent stand-ins.

Toasaurus

Cause i dont see the two packs yes only those egg minis cause i feel they are not out yes ive checked amazon and ebay nothing

stargatedalek

Quote from: Toasaurus on April 10, 2019, 06:49:15 PM
Cause i dont see the two packs yes only those egg minis cause i feel they are not out yes ive checked amazon and ebay nothing
I see a couple of two packs on Ebay, none on Amazon.ca though just the egg ones.

Toasaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 10, 2019, 08:57:46 PM
Quote from: Toasaurus on April 10, 2019, 06:49:15 PM
I see a couple of two packs on Ebay, none on Amazon.ca though just the egg ones.
ok saw those two packs but not the new 2019 2 packs even when i thpe them up on google its like they dont exist

Roselaar

Very interesting! Some of these are quite good, others... nope.

Has Shastasaurus been done before? Tupandactylus can be scrapped from the USL now.

Brontozaurus

Honestly I'd buy those ankylosaurs on sight if I could. And is that Tsintaosaurus the first toy to be made with the current understanding of its head crest?
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Halichoeres

They're brand new even in Korea. They'll show up on the secondary market before long, I'm sure.

Quote from: Roselaar on April 10, 2019, 10:22:50 PM

Has Shastasaurus been done before? Tupandactylus can be scrapped from the USL now.

Shastasaurus has only been done previously by Sonokong, as far as I'm aware. These constitute the second and third molds, although they're all from the same line.

Quote from: Brontozaurus on April 11, 2019, 01:21:22 AM
And is that Tsintaosaurus the first toy to be made with the current understanding of its head crest?

I think it is, yes. I'm only aware of resin figures that have updated the crest.

Silvanusaurus

This pleases me. I may have to keep a look out, but I imagine there isn't much hope of them appearing in the UK.

Halichoeres

A new twist on some of these: action figures with gimmicks like tail swinging and wing flapping. They're different from previous versions in being articulated at multiple joints, instead of just at the jaw, and in that they do not come with little "tinysaur" homunculi.

Allosaurus

Ankylosaurus

Carnotaurus

Pachycephalosaurus

Parasaurolophus with...a crocodile jaw?

Quetzalcoatlus, believe it or not.

stargatedalek

I feel like they based the mini on the real deal and then had the artist extrapolate an adult Quetz based on it...

GojiraGuy1954

They remind me of the anime Dinosaur King.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on August 18, 2019, 01:03:19 PM
They remind me of the anime Dinosaur King.

Yeah, it's a lot like that. I like it better than Dinosaur King because it includes more non-dinosaurs.

sauroid

are they also the size of the big dino king figures? and hollow too?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on August 26, 2019, 06:24:34 PM
are they also the size of the big dino king figures? and hollow too?

Sorry for thr late reply, I've been traveling. They are smaller, more like Safari size, and they seem to be solid. There are a few comparison photos in my collection thread.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: