News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020

Started by Dan, October 01, 2019, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaguilar

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus awesome! Looks like a great order. I'm sorry about the pupil problem, major defect. Did you order directly from Safari? You'd think their QC would catch something like that.

Primeval12

Quote from: DragonRider02 on April 28, 2020, 12:45:51 PM

If Anyone still looks for Deinonychus or Quinzhousaurus, I really want to get rid of the second pair I got because of shipping mistake. I can sell 'em for half of their price, just to get rid of them.

How much?

DragonRider02

Quote from: Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 on April 28, 2020, 09:27:06 PM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on April 28, 2020, 12:45:51 PM

If Anyone still looks for Deinonychus or Quinzhousaurus, I really want to get rid of the second pair I got because of shipping mistake. I can sell 'em for half of their price, just to get rid of them.

How much?
avatar_Primeval12 @Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12  8$ for Deino 7$ for Qian 

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 28, 2020, 08:18:35 PM
avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus awesome! Looks like a great order. I'm sorry about the pupil problem, major defect. Did you order directly from Safari? You'd think their QC would catch something like that.

I did; I would consider contacting them about it, but it seems like too much of a hassle for a problem i can easily fix myself.

mgaguilar

Hey all, this is slightly disturbing, but a TON of safari ltd. toys & figures just went on sale on Amazon for a flat $7.00. Not much of the prehistoric line, but many in the others.
I was just perusing through sharks (anticipating a CollectA Meg order) and noticed a lot of the figures just went on sale. Not an ad for amazon, but just wondering if anyone heard anything about a flash sale?

Faelrin

The only thing I'm aware of is the Earth Month sale they are doing on their website, but that likely isn't the same thing.

https://store.safariltd.com/collections/full-catalog?hsCtaTracking=bd82f295-4976-49f1-b19b-fe77de7cae08%7Cd7850d5a-03a1-4492-ab79-049e9dc58d3e
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

Quote from: Faelrin on April 20, 2020, 11:18:10 PM
Did anyone else get an email from Safari Ltd asking for business? It's quite worrisome (as in if they don't get enough they'll go under).
[...]

I've done my bit to support Safari by buying the WS Deinonychus, Qianzhousaurus and Dilophosaurus at the start of this year, and now recently the WS Diplodocus, 2016 Carcharodontosaurus, Elasmosaurus and Liopleurodon.  I want to thank avatar_Takama @Takama for mentioning that the Diplodocus is in 1:40 scale, once I realised it was for D. carnegii I had to have it. :)

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

The only missing feature in the Edmontosaurus is the presence of hooves.

SidB

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on May 16, 2020, 06:49:43 PM
The only missing feature in the Edmontosaurus is the presence of hooves.
See responses 321 to 328 on this thread.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I have seen the the hooves matter on Edmontosaurus on the blog and I am convinced that it can be surely resolved according to Mr.Watson's description.

The request for mine is that if Mr. Watson can present us with a scientifically accurate, liped, closed mouth version of the most underrepresented classic tyrannosaur; Zhuchengtyrannus magnus, based on the morphology of Saurian T.rex such as finely scaled skin devoid of any osteoderms in the body etc.

I request Mr. Watson to shed light on this issue and want some opinion for this matter from him.

alexeratops

I saw the news about Safari not doing so hot right now, so I bought their 2018 Anky, 2019 Allo, and 2020 Sarco to help out a bit. Ever since I started "collecting" in 4th grade (if you can even call it that) I've always had Safari there as a go-to for cheap and high-quality figures. I hope they pull through alright!   ^-^
like a bantha!

Faelrin

Safari Ltd is having a memorial day sale with 25% off all items with a code at check out on their website. I was already planning on doing a sort of birthday haul in the coming week so this is great for me to see.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Leyster

Anybody that owns the 2020 Concavenator can check if the model has the scutes on the underside of the tail? They were preserved on the fossil, but I cannot find a photo with the right angle to check it myself.

See F, lower right.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Carnoking

Quote from: Leyster on May 26, 2020, 09:20:57 AM
Anybody that owns the 2020 Concavenator can check if the model has the scutes on the underside of the tail? They were preserved on the fossil, but I cannot find a photo with the right angle to check it myself.

See F, lower right.

This is the underside of the tail on mine. Hope that helps.

ceratopsian

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking - I am afraid that I can't see your image. I just get a small empty box. 

SidB

Carnoking

S @SidB  avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Hm, I'm not sure why that is. Are you on a phone or a computer? I'm seeing it won't show up on my phone but is popping up my computer? Let me tinker with it.

Avian

Quote from: Carnoking on May 27, 2020, 03:44:41 AM
S @SidB  avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Hm, I'm not sure why that is. Are you on a phone or a computer? I'm seeing it won't show up on my phone but is popping up my computer? Let me tinker with it.

I am on a computer, and it didn't work before you adjusted it. It works now though, so you must have done something right!
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

ceratopsian

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking - I was on my phone. This morning on my phone I still see the empty box. On my computer I see a standard "no entry" road sign but in grey not red.

Leyster

Sorry I can't see it too  :(
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: