News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari 2020

Started by Dan, October 01, 2019, 11:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

So no Fall review for the coming years lineup like they usually do?

Dinoxels

From the looks of it, no. And it's probably due to the virus we all know and don't love.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Concavenator

Quote from: Takama on July 22, 2020, 10:09:19 PM
Safari said in the comments of this instagram post thst there will be NO NEW REVEALS  until 2021

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC8terMDQFM/?igshid=18svei273cdez

Wait what? I asked them last week and they
literally told me this: "Hi there! As far as I know we are still going to release our new products around October 😁👍🎉 " What's going on?  ;D I don't know what has happened that have made them change their mind so quickly. If it's due to this coronavirus situation, last week was basically the same as now anyways...

Jose S.M.

Maaaybe it's just a pretty badly phrased way to say there wont be new reveals at the comic con, just the usual next year reveals later this year.

Dinoxels

I agree. It's unlike Safari to not announce their figures in the fall. The person who responded to me may have worded it weirdly.

terrorchicken

youre all gonna KILL me, but I was kinda hoping some or most of the major dino figure toy lines would announce they wouldn't release anything new for next year. I have a huge list of older/recent figures I just haven't had time or money to catch up on(along with other expenses), a year off would sure be helpful.

Carnoking

Honestly, a year off from new figures wouldn't be the worst thing for me either. I've spent way too much lately playing both catchup and ordering new things in. That being said, I know both Safari and CollectA have taken hits with the current state of things, so I don't think companies can afford to lose out on revenue generated by new figures.

Dinoxels

I semi-agree. There are lots of figures I still need to get from the older lineups, but I would like to see some new figures release, even if it isn't a lot like 2020.

Halichoeres

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a smaller set of releases than usual. EoFauna said they're only putting out one figure this year (albeit for unrelated reasons).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I'd be fine with a smaller assortment. Prior to 2017, we were only getting four or five new toys per year.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

I wouldn't be bothered much by if they release many figures or a couple. I'm just curious as to what they will have gone with (and ultimately what is being retired). Granted I'm still behind with many releases this year, and many others, but I'll get around to them eventually too. I did also get a rather large haul earlier this year so I was able to get many of the older ones on my wishlist added to my collection (by taking advantage of the memorial day sale, which was right around my birthday, which was great timing), and if I can take advantage of their Black Friday sale (assuming they do, as they typically have) later this year, then hopefully I can get a bunch more added. Additionally I'm still behind on a few retired figures that I want to hunt down as well (hopefully from retailers that still have stock).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

terrorchicken

I figured everyone's gonna be financially hit by the pandemic, wouldn't seem to make sense for the toy companies to release a bunch of new figures that will just not sell as well as previous years. I guess a smaller lineup would be the best option.

SidB

Maybe a smaller lineup will also be a less adventurous one, one with more likely "sure winners."

suspsy

Quote from: SidB on July 26, 2020, 03:55:58 AM
Maybe a smaller lineup will also be a less adventurous one, one with more likely "sure winners."

Safari's pre-2017 lineups often contained non A-listers, or B-listers for that matter. Shunosaurus, Yutyrannus, Monolophosaurus, Vagaceratops, etc.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

True! That's encouraging.

Halichoeres

I'm always holding out for the C-list and D-list
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SidB

As long as I don't end up getting "listless."

Shonisaurus

I honestly do not care that the revelation of news is delayed not only from Safari but from the rest of the brands until the year 2021 I am sympathetic to the economic crisis unleashed after the irreparable tragedy of the pandemic and that will add much more emotion to those of us who are collectors of those figures. I hope Safari makes a paraceratherium by 2021. It is a preferred prehistoric mammal and I would also like a shonisaurus my counterpart as it is an unfairly treated marine reptile in the collecting and even toy industry with the exception of the extraordinary Schleich shonisaurus though this is part of the Safari 2021 news thread.

The important thing is that Safari is still alive as a company and that it has not gone bankrupt. If it takes a few months later to honestly reveal its news it should not be traumatizing us that I repeat adds excitement to the revelation of news for 2021, by Safari.

Faelrin

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus I really agree with your points. Them surviving as a business during these tough economic times is more important, then if there are delays with the reveals, etc. I do agree with your suggestions as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halichoeres

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: