News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Art: Summer Camp Begins!

Started by Loon, October 07, 2019, 11:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Quote from: Smilodon P. on December 29, 2019, 02:38:04 PM
Considering that there is scales in the fossil record of this animal, It could be more scaly as in the game (althought I don't know how big these are in relation to the body, so maybe your version is more accurate).
But, I loved the colors! Did you use Koi fishes for inspiration?

I don't tend to draw individual scales on most of these; but, I was considering it for this one. However, they probably would have looked too big, and, with my skill level, not very good.

Also, I was initially inspired by 2 pictures of it's close relatives:

With this lungfish inspiring the body.

And what I thought was more red face on this inspiring the red that goes through the body.

But, as I was working on it,I definitely saw it becoming more and more "coy-lij
ke".

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I didn't know it had those. But, I'm guessing they'd be hard to see at this angle. And, if I understand bother their placement in the mouth and my level of talent correctly, they would only appear as barely noticeable bumps behind the teeth that are already there.

Stegotyranno420

Wow! All of them look incredible. My favorites are the dunk, eotriceratops, the t-rex, and the acro. My request is to do a giga.

Also, are there any links to similar threads? They are awesome

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 29, 2019, 07:38:35 PM
Wow! All of them look incredible. My favorites are the dunk, eotriceratops, the t-rex, and the acro. My request is to do a giga.

Also, are there any links to similar threads? They are awesome

Thanks, and I plan on doing a Giganotosaurus at some point.

If you mean art threads, there are plenty: Dinosaur art

Loon

Attack Pack Armadillosuchus

Killekor

As always your figure concepts are amazing, avatar_Loon @Loon ! I really like them, in particular between the latest ones the Rhizodus.

I have a request: could you make a Diplocaulus figure concept? I would be really curious to see one!

Thanks in advance!
Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Loon on November 10, 2019, 06:10:59 AM

Tyrannosaurus rex (Scientifically Accurate)
Based on Scott Hartman and Franoy's skeletals of AMNH 5027, because that specimen seems to have been a reference for the Rex from the original film. I also referenced R.J. Palmer's latest reconstruction for proportions and details.

I haven't bothered with any of the Mattel T. rexes, but I would totally snap up something like this.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Loon

Thanks for all of the compliments guys, really appreciate the feedback.

Here's one that's been in production for quite a while.

Kentrosaurus (Attack Pack)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 31, 2020, 04:57:50 PM
Quote from: Loon on November 10, 2019, 06:10:59 AM

Tyrannosaurus rex (Scientifically Accurate)
Based on Scott Hartman and Franoy's skeletals of AMNH 5027, because that specimen seems to have been a reference for the Rex from the original film. I also referenced R.J. Palmer's latest reconstruction for proportions and details.

I haven't bothered with any of the Mattel T. rexes, but I would totally snap up something like this.

Dear lord it looks like me and our life size Rex... :o

Loon

Have not touched this thread in a few months.

I'm back at school, and taking a really interesting Sexuality for Educators class. As a bit of a creative thing, one assignment was to make a poster with this quote in it. So, I figured I'd draw the only thing I'm somewhat decent at.

Yes, I did use colored pencils. I also used the sketch app on my phone to clean up some of the dots that showed up on the white areas.

Shonisaurus

Nice drawing, by the way the theropod that appears on the poster is the ceratosaurus? It looks great with few strokes you make a considerably bright drawing. My congratulations.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Loon on September 08, 2020, 05:45:11 AM
Have not touched this thread in a few months.

I'm back at school, and taking a really interesting Sexuality for Educators class. As a bit of a creative thing, one assignment was to make a poster with this quote in it. So, I figured I'd draw the only thing I'm somewhat decent at.

Yes, I did use colored pencils. I also used the sketch app on my phone to clean up some of the dots that showed up on the white areas.
what do you mean. if its really bad please dont scar me for life

Loon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 08, 2020, 07:57:22 AM
Nice drawing, by the way the theropod that appears on the poster is the ceratosaurus? It looks great with few strokes you make a considerably bright drawing. My congratulations.

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, and yes, it is a Ceratosaurus.

Quote from: Stegotyranno on September 08, 2020, 03:59:21 PM
what do you mean. if its really bad please dont scar me for life

If I understood what you said, I think you're asking what that class is about. Well, the title is pretty self descriptive. It's a Human Sexuality class specifically for Educators. But, I'll stop there. I don't think it's the most forum appropriate topic.

Also, next time, edit the posts you quote so the entire post doesn't show up almost twice in a row.

Stegotyranno420

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on September 09, 2020, 01:49:02 AM
Quote from: Loon on September 08, 2020, 08:47:03 PM
It's a Human Sexuality class
why is that a thing? :( ???

As I said, I don't really wish to continue what is a probably a conversation that goes against board rules. But, let me reply first, sex is a part of the lives of many species, including our own, and there's a lot of info about it that people very obviously don't know, so of course, there's a class on it. You could very easily ask the same thing about a variety of classes, like those about religion, cooking, or whatever. There are people who need to know these subjects for their jobs, and without a class how would they? Given all that, the smarter question to ask would be "why wouldn't that be a thing?" Now, I don't really think this conversation is appropriate or going anywhere, so I'm going to stop it now; it's not what this thread is about

Bokisaurus

Its great to see your work evolving and your style is becoming more and more distinctive and refined. Keep up the good work! :)

Loon

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 11, 2020, 04:54:03 PM
Its great to see your work evolving and your style is becoming more and more distinctive and refined. Keep up the good work! :)

Thank you so much. I didn't even think about it that way.

Loon

After months of having no real say in my Child Care job's wall murals, we finally got the chance to individually create our own. Logically, I went with the one thing I'm decent at drawing, animals. Unfortunately, despite my co-workers having seen me create this and put it up over the past week. It had to be taken down because it was not "thematic" for the month of February. I spent over 8 hours putting this together over the past week, and not once was this mentioned. As you can imagine, I was not pleased.

Still, despite this, I'm pretty pleased with how nice it looks. I'll post photos of the replacement when I finish putting it together, if I can be bothered to put any effort into it.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That's awfully rude of them. It's very nice and I can see it must have taken a while. The pterosaur has great expression in the eye.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

How beautiful are that pterosaur and marine reptile, I guess it could be a mosasaurus, they look like drawings made for a computer or internet game, an extremely interesting illustration.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: