You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Carnotaurus rex "Crimson King Requiem"/Ekrixinatosaurus novasi "Epitaph"

Started by Loon, October 30, 2019, 04:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 31, 2019, 11:58:51 PM
I hope REBOR makes Denver the Last Dinosaur :D

I'm actually ok with that.. lol  Or Dinosaucers or some Dino-Riders .

ZoPteryx

Anyone else notice the zombie-like exposed jaw muscles?  :-\

If it were more obviously a distinct species I'd be tempted, but based on what I see here I'll have to pass.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 01, 2019, 04:00:29 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on October 31, 2019, 11:58:51 PM
I hope REBOR makes Denver the Last Dinosaur :D

I'm actually ok with that.. lol  Or Dinosaucers or some Dino-Riders .

I'm still hoping for Crystal Palace replicas, I'd snap those up in a heart beat!

Kileskus

Why anyone is glad that they made an obscure genus? Even if it's labeled as ekrixinatosaurus, it have nothing similar with it, people who really count in as ekrixinatosaurus figure, are either decepting themselves, either having not good knowledge for anatomy IMO. I would prefer accurate ekrix, with scorpiovenator-like head look. Anyway, figures is good, there are no many figures of this carno design that fit in modern standarts. Hope that someday they will release gorgosaurus based on WWD movie, with albertosaurus remold(it sounds far more apropriate).

Abobo

review of the Carnotaurus Rex here (In Vietnamese I think, but we have a good look at the figure) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTTlGxdbQLA

Carnoking

Looks like this one is hollow unlike the Killer Queen and Vanilla Ice figures. I hope that helps with long term stability, but either way... :'( I love him so much.

Shonisaurus

Well, since that figure sincerely hollow as well as ekrixinatosaurus novasi "Epitaph" make them less interesting and less priority figures for me than other brands of dinosaurs. I had made myself the illusion that they were made of solid PVC like the previous figures, I will naturally prioritize in the purchase of other Rebor figures with a more interesting material such as smilodon (if it is marketed).

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 14, 2021, 08:37:59 AM
Well, since that figure sincerely hollow as well as ekrixinatosaurus novasi "Epitaph" make them less interesting and less priority figures for me than other brands of dinosaurs. I had made myself the illusion that they were made of solid PVC like the previous figures, I will naturally prioritize in the purchase of other Rebor figures with a more interesting material such as smilodon (if it is marketed).

Who told you those are hollow? They are heavier than Killer Queen and you can literally wield them like maces ;) 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on April 13, 2021, 10:48:49 PM
Looks like this one is hollow unlike the Killer Queen and Vanilla Ice figures. I hope that helps with long term stability, but either way... :'( I love him so much.

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on April 14, 2021, 09:52:24 AM

Who told you those are hollow? They are heavier than Killer Queen and you can literally wield them like maces ;) 

This is where sources are important.  I really don't see the correlation between hollow=cheap anyway.  Just because you save material and something is lighter doesn't mean it's cheap.  Some of the most expensive dinosaur toys and collectibles are hollow.

Carnoking

The PNSO Huanghetitan comes to mind, and that's a glorious beast.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 14, 2021, 03:03:47 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on April 13, 2021, 10:48:49 PM

This is where sources are important.  I really don't see the correlation between hollow=cheap anyway.  Just because you save material and something is lighter doesn't mean it's cheap.  Some of the most expensive dinosaur toys and collectibles are hollow.

True, those expensive high-end statues produced by Sideshow, Prime 1 Studio and X-Plus are all hollow, this is not because we manufacturers want to save material thus money or something like that, it's simply because when dealing with massive mould chambers if too much material were injected then it would be very difficult to control the solidification time of different parts of the figure resulting all kinds of weird and unpredictable cracks and shrinkages.

Our Carnotaurus rex is a different story though, it got such a bulky torso that a hot steel beam had to be inserted during the injection moulding process to balance the external and internal pressures of the PVC kit so of course there's going to be a hole there once the steel beam is removed but that doesn't make it cheap, on the contrary it cost more since the extra procedure was added.

Shonisaurus

So they are solid? That encourages me to buy them at shop.modellpferdeversand.de The next "victim" of my compulsive collecting will undoubtedly be the smilodon they have planned. Thanks for the clarification.  :)

Abobo

some new photos of the Ekrixinatosaurus (people who received the figure) :

Shonisaurus

avatar_Abobo @Abobo Magnificent figure the ekrixinatosaurus of Rebor! Where did you get it? In any store in the EU?

Baby Sinclair

Epitaph looks amazing!

Has anyone received the Crimson King Requiem? I'd really appreciate seeing Requiem in natural daylight to check out the paint/colour and the seams, particularly on the shoulder. I love the design but am still on the fence, so I'm hoping for a better look at this figure.
Roberta forever <3

Shonisaurus

I am more interested in Epitaph ehrixanitosaurus novase although honestly the carnotaurus "Crimson King Requiem" is much more beautiful, its colors are much more attractive and even its sculpture. Both figures are tempting at heart.

They also have them in the German store shop.modellpferdeversand.de

Blade-of-the-Moon

Shonisaurus

avatar_Over9K @Over9K It is spectacular that carnotaurus with that crimson color is great. Figure coveted by any collector among whom I find myself, even if it is the umpteenth figure of non-scientific carnotaurus in this case. My congratulations on your new acquisition.

Over9K

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 24, 2021, 09:10:46 AM
avatar_Over9K @Over9K It is spectacular that carnotaurus with that crimson color is great. Figure coveted by any collector among whom I find myself, even if it is the umpteenth figure of non-scientific carnotaurus in this case. My congratulations on your new acquisition.

Thanks, I've been recommending it to anyone that will listen! I think this is their best, since Vanilla Ice, and really shows the evolution of their sculpting style. Gone are the overly uniform/gridded scales, but the general REBOR aesthetic remains.

One thing's for sure; this is now the coolest purple dinosaur!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: