News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonRider02

I love that Pheasant too! I am happy Papo made figure of a bird species that lives by my house!

PrimevalRaptor

From the front the Chilesaurus looks like it's on the hurry to get to the next fast food joint lmao
Still wish the pose wasn't this weird and inaccurate but it still looks like a great model

The Giga though...looks painful, really a shame cause the head sculpt looks amazing, this is the one time I hope we get a retool in a different pose in the future.

Duna

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on December 18, 2019, 07:15:59 AM
I'm not sure which one is the right but the two Chilesaurus pictures are mirrored:

If we take acount of the supposed real leaked figure, or both two are mirrowed or only one ...

But have a closer look at the front view picture, hands are not pronated, aren't they? They look much better.  :D

Syndicate Bias

Welp I guess there's always hope for a Papo Carcha someday 🙃

Love that Chilesaurus though...I just wish that Giga had a better pose but I'll get it regardless

suspsy

Quote from: Duna on December 18, 2019, 06:03:47 AM
I will give a hug, dear Giga!  :'( :'(

Seeing this image only makes me laugh harder at the argument that CollectA is overhyped. Looks like it's trying furiously to defecate. ^-^
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Are we not going to talk about the ammonite kraken? ;D

Could be interesting in a Jurassic Park setup or the like.

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on December 18, 2019, 01:32:04 PM
Quote from: Duna on December 18, 2019, 06:03:47 AM
I will give a hug, dear Giga!  :'( :'(

Seeing this image only makes me laugh harder at the argument that CollectA is overhyped. Looks like it's trying furiously to defecate. ^-^

...or maybe he is desperately trying to do something else [hint: think Family Guy episode; I'd send a link but I don't want to get banned LOL]

Loon

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 18, 2019, 02:44:35 PM

You know...part of me actually beloved this was their attempt at an ammonite for a second.

Also, that new Giganotosaurus photo got me thinking:

Also, am I the only one to notice that weird "spike" on its head?

Gwangi

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 18, 2019, 02:44:35 PM

I didn't even know that it existed but I'm certainly more excited about that than any of these other releases.

Faelrin

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Too bad it doesn't appear to have a cloaca. Quite an awful predicament if that were the case.

avatar_Loon @Loon If they actually are scaled like that it certainly would make for a nice tribute diorama to Gwangi.

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek I saw that but I didn't even make the ammonite connection at first. I guess I was more surprised it wasn't a giant squid of sorts. I guess it could work as an ammonite if not something similar in some way. Certainly reminds me of these enemies in Final Fantasy VI though:

Edit: And the image is broken. I'll fix on my PC in a few mins.

Or a more realistic styled take on Omastar from Pokemon:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Andre

Papo 2020 line is on their site now, and there are some additional pictures of the Giga and Chilesaurus.. I also noticed they have the following codes: 55080 - Megaloceros / 55082 - Chilesaurus / 55083 - Giganotosaurus / 55084 - Stygimoloch / 55085 - Parasaurolophus / 55086 - Feathered velociraptor.
55081 is missing.. 2020's Limited Edition?

Szajmin

QuoteAre we not going to talk about the ammonite kraken? ;D

I would be it, as a some unknown ammonite spieces, but then I notice the chain :(

MLMjp

hao_bao

Quote from: Loon on December 18, 2019, 07:02:24 AM
This angle makes me think it'd go well with a figure of a cowboy on horseback approaching from the left.

Or put the giga on a horse holding the reins.

Sim

I don't want to upset anyone, and I hope I won't.  I just feel the need to say that the photo of the Chilesaurus from the front looks like the most absurd dinosaur pose I've ever seen.  To me it's worse than the Giganotosaurus's pose.

Loon

Quote from: Sim on December 18, 2019, 07:55:33 PM
I don't want to upset anyone, and I hope I won't.  I just feel the need to say that the photo of the Chilesaurus from the front looks like the most absurd dinosaur pose I've ever seen.  To me it's worse than the Giganotosaurus's pose.
I'd say you're right. I really don't care for that figure. I think it's worse than the Giganotosaurus, but I feel like, to some, the Giganotosaurus is much more disappointing.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Loon on December 18, 2019, 08:15:21 PM
I'd say you're right. I really don't care for that figure. I think it's worse than the Giganotosaurus, but I feel like, to some, the Giganotosaurus is much more disappointing.

I would agree with that, in terms of looking like an actual animal, the Chilesaurus looks much more like a creature I'd imagine turning up in Star Wars.

In the new image, the giganotosaurus does actually look like a natural animal, albeit one that has been killed and mounted as a bombastically whimsical piece of taxidermy, by some rich but ignorant 19th century English aristocrat who wants to put it next to his stuffed tap dancing polar bear on the grand staircase in the west wing.

Something like this...

Wait, I might actually be coming around to it now...

PrimevalRaptor

I mean it certainly looks awkward from the front (and I'd blame quite a bit on the weird semi-quadrupedal pose) but to it's defense, apart from the hand maybe that's still anatomically more possible than the Giganotosaurus and while it does look weird, animals often tend to, so it's alright with me personally.

Irritation

Are there any figures reported to be retiring next year?

DragonRider02

... What if Papo is going to make second Giga in a pose that will allow you to recreate this:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: