News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo 2020

Started by Renecito, November 28, 2019, 05:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattyonyx

They already did  >:D

Source: Facebook

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on December 18, 2019, 07:55:33 PM
I don't want to upset anyone, and I hope I won't.  I just feel the need to say that the photo of the Chilesaurus from the front looks like the most absurd dinosaur pose I've ever seen.  To me it's worse than the Giganotosaurus's pose.
To be honest, I don't know which one has a worse pose... The Chilesaurus may supposedly be a figure of Chilesaurus, and I think that's the reason some people are excited for it, but the figure looks rather silly. I'm not trying to insult Papo by any means, the detail is crisp as always, but with that pose, the figure as a whole is, in my opinion, screwed.
The Giganotosaurus has a terrible pose as well, but if I had to say which one looks better, I'd say the Giga.

My constructive criticism is that if they gave their figures more reasonable poses, they would be much better. Even if they were to change their figures and the only thing they did was to change their poses, that would make a difference. However, I don't think they'll even listen  :P

55081 is missing.. 2020's Limited Edition?

That could be it. My guess is it will be a non-JP inspired Tyrannosaurus that wouldn't even be so accurate

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on December 18, 2019, 11:58:49 PM
The Chilesaurus may supposedly be a figure of Chilesaurus, and I think that's the reason some people are excited for it, but the figure looks rather silly.

Yeah, the only reason I'm even remotely interested in the figure is because of the species choice. The pose however is absurd, unnatural and one of the worst dinosaur poses I have ever seen.

Flaffy

Quote from: Irritation on December 18, 2019, 09:54:57 PM
Are there any figures reported to be retiring next year?

Hopefully the Giganotosaurus and Chilesaurus, so that we might potentially get new figures (that are properly done and not stuck in horrid poses) of those 2 sooner.   ::)

Syndicate Bias

Well it's obvious that another limited Edition figure would pop up I guess. I was told we'd get four new figures I had assumed the Megaloceros was the fourth I guess they don't tell anyone about the LE figures.

I bet it's the second Giga pose too

Loon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 19, 2019, 12:52:08 AM
Well it's obvious that another limited Edition figure would pop up I guess. I was told we'd get four new figures I had assumed the Megaloceros was the fourth I guess they don't tell anyone about the LE figures.

I really can't see the next limited edition being a figure their already releasing that year. They'll release the weird one now, get your money, and in five years you'll get a decent looking one. I'm thinking a feathered or atleast updated Tyrannosaurus is most likely. I don't think Papo is going to go obscure with the limited editions.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Mattyonyx on December 18, 2019, 11:56:49 PM
They already did  >:D

Source: Facebook

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! yeeeeeeeeessssssss!

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Loon on December 19, 2019, 12:57:41 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 19, 2019, 12:52:08 AM

I really can't see the next limited edition being a figure their already releasing that year. They'll release the weird one now, get your money, and in five years you'll get a decent looking one. I'm thinking a feathered or atleast updated Tyrannosaurus is most likely. I don't think Papo is going to go obscure with the limited editions.

I was joking about that lol. I'm hoping it is a feathered Rex I came across the safari one recently and it made me hope for papo

Faelrin

When and where was it when the Spinosaurus was revealed? If there's another limited one, it would probably be revealed by then?

Also is it typical for most Papo figures to release in the fall? I thought some were summer releases. From what I gathered it seems like the Megaloceros will be the only summer release this year?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

oscars_dinos

Quote from: DragonRider02 on December 18, 2019, 11:52:43 PM
... What if Papo is going to make second Giga in a pose that will allow you to recreate this:

just imagine their acrocanthosaurs

Killekor

Quote from: Faelrin on December 19, 2019, 03:54:42 AM
When and where was it when the Spinosaurus was revealed? If there's another limited one, it would probably be revealed by then?

Also is it typical for most Papo figures to release in the fall? I thought some were summer releases. From what I gathered it seems like the Megaloceros will be the only summer release this year?

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin The Spinosaurus was revealed January 28, if I'm not wrong.

Papo usually releases their models in two waves: the first at the start of the year (usually repaints) and the second in summer. So it's quite surprising that they're releasing their models so late this year. And yes, the Megaloceros is expected to be released in May.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

The Prehistoric Traveler

I actually love that giga. I don't care if i'm the only one.

SidB

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on December 19, 2019, 01:54:53 PM
A great aspect about this community is that it supports and encourages a number of approaches to collecting, not all of which are always going to see eye-to-eye. Then there are those who are good at compartementalization - appreciating both accuracy and artistic emphases from separate lines and content to keep the two realms separate. So, enjoy it, absolutely. As the Romans said, "De gustibus non es disputandum"  ,,, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on December 19, 2019, 01:54:53 PM

While I have no plans to get this figure, and had no prior plans to purchase any Papo Giganotosaurus, I can certainly appreciate what they've done here. Not surprising to me that Papo released a Giga stylized in this way. The details are nice as always, proportions are ok, and the battle pose is exotic but not entirely impossible for the animal (tail is bent a wee bit too much, oh well).

I'm just cluing in that this figure has really upset a number of forum members though (are you really so upset that you are going to sell off your Papo collection now?), and that is always tiresome to read about. The sense of entitlement. I mean what did you all expect? A figure that looks just like the recent Eofauna release? C'mon, it's Papo, so that was never in the cards. This is now the most unique version of the animal currently available, and it screams Papo.

One thing the Papo surely will have over that Eofauna figure is stability. From what I can see and have read, the Eofauna Giganotosaurus WILL become unstable and eventually topple, even if yours was fine out of the package. The unavoidable doom of plastic bipeds without over-sized feet.

I know, people have been waiting for Papo to do Giganotosaurus for ten years at least. Well, here it is!

Loon

I've come to peace with the Giganotosaurus, the pose is funny and awkward. Whatever, it's a Papo Giganotosaurus, it was never going to be for me. I'm really selective with Papo, and don't own most of their figures. I already have two perfectly fine versions, which is really all I need.

I do have to say, I get that the Giganotosaurus is more disappointing to a lot of people, but I feel the Chilesaurus is overall worse. While the pose on the Giganotosaurus is bad, atleast the detailing is nice; the Chilesaurus just looks...ugly. I wouldn't be so bothered by it if it wasn't the only reasonably priced (we'll see) version available. That's an incredible selfish reason, I know.

Irritation

Quote from: Flaffy on December 19, 2019, 12:32:28 AM
Quote from: Irritation on December 18, 2019, 09:54:57 PM
Are there any figures reported to be retiring next year?

Hopefully the Giganotosaurus and Chilesaurus, so that we might potentially get new figures (that are properly done and not stuck in horrid poses) of those 2 sooner.   ::)
ha ha....

In all seriousness though, anything like the original feathered raptor and parasaurolophus? Ceratosaurus? anything?

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Takama

I honestly do not have a problem with the Chilesaurus pose.

Its just another Bipedal animal forced into a Qaudropedal pose for the sake of being Dynamic.

That being said, its pose is at least more beleaveable to me then the Gigantosaurus.  After seeing that Second Image, I really want to know what on Earth they were thinking when they made it.

tanystropheus

The Chilesaurus pose is pretty reasonable for a bipedal animal that fell off a tree and landed on its feet like a cat.

oscars_dinos

is the Chilesaurus pose even possible for it to have done with its wrist and what not? same for the giga but with its tail

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: