News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Idea for prehistoric collection of Schleich 2021

Started by profnik, December 26, 2019, 11:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

profnik

:D My idea for 2021 Schleich dinosaurs:

Mosasaurus (Jaw action)
Nasutoceratops
Gorgosaurus (Jaw action)
Iguanodon

An also bring back Prehistoric Mammals of Cenozoic after the dinosaurs:

Woolly mammoth
Saber-tooth tiger
Woolly rhino
Giant sloth

Mammoth set
Cave people sets

Loon

Is this technically the only Schleich Hopes & Dreams thread?

If this is gonna be a thing, I'd love to see Vlad Konstantinov's Therizinosaurus made into a figure.
Would definitely be better than their current Skeksis-lookin' versions.

Quote from: profnik on December 26, 2019, 11:02:16 PM

Woolly mammoth
Saber-tooth tiger
Woolly rhino
Giant sloth

I would literally prefer they made any other prehistoric mammals over those. But, I doubt Schleich's gonna give us any mammals soon.

profnik

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on December 26, 2019, 11:48:34 PM
Quote from: profnik on December 26, 2019, 11:02:16 PM

Woolly mammoth
Saber-tooth tiger
Woolly rhino
Giant sloth

I would literally prefer they made any other prehistoric mammals over those.

Agree on the first three, but I am yet to see a giant sloth (Megatherium) figure that suits my tastes.

Loon

Quote from: Ravonium on December 27, 2019, 12:04:35 AM
Agree on the first three, but I am yet to see a giant sloth (Megatherium) figure that suits my tastes.

I'm satisfied with my Safari figure, but, it's too small. So I can see why you say the genus isn't decently represented. But, I'd rather CollectA do one. I fear what Schleich's would look like if it wasn't sculpted by Konstantinov.

profnik

Ravonium

Quote from: Loon on December 27, 2019, 12:10:09 AM
But, I'd rather CollectA do one. I fear what Schleich's would look like if it wasn't sculpted by Konstantinov.

Bahahahaha ;D ...but yeah, I'd definitely rather have CollectA make a giant sloth regardless.

EDIT: Just looked more closely at the image...it somehow manages to be funny yet also nightmare inducing at the same time  ???  I'd ask where you found it, but I don't really think I want to know...

Loon

Quote from: Ravonium on December 27, 2019, 12:20:06 AM
I'd ask where you found it, but I don't really think I want to know...

It was like the 5th or 6th Google image result for "Sid the Sloth" The Dark Web.

Killekor

Quote from: Loon on December 26, 2019, 11:48:34 PM
Is this technically the only Schleich Hopes & Dreams thread?

If this is gonna be a thing, I'd love to see Vlad Konstantinov's Therizinosaurus made into a figure.
Would definitely be better than their current Skeksis-lookin' versions.

I would like to see a figure like this too! It would be amazing!

My Hopes and dreams are:

- Scipionyx (because I think that it would be great to finally see a figure of this genus, and Schleich is realeasing a figure of an "obscure" genus per year (for ex. Barapasaurus, Tawa, Animantarx)).

- Sinornithosaurus (I would love one!)

- Yutyrannus (because it's a species that it's becoming each year more popular among collectors, and the only mass production brand that made one is Safari; so it would be nice to see other renditions of it).

- any spinosaurid like Irritator, Ichtyovenator etc... also an Oxalaia would be great.

- a Majungasaurus.

- An Ichthyosaurus or a Mosasaurus based on the mini ones, and possibly not made by the sculptor of last year's Plesiosaurus.

All of these wishes apart from the last one are applicable also for other brands, Because these are species that I would like to see from any brand.

Anyways, I think that this should not be considered a 2021 Hopes and Dreams thread, because Schleich releases their models in two waves each year, and we still haven't seen their summer releases.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

ITdactyl

I wonder if people'd be interested in a reconstruction that's similar to the silhouettes in the bottom right corner of the image shared by avatar_Loon @Loon .

feathers fluffed out, neck retracted - giving the illusion of a "fat" short-necked creature... as a lot of common birds do today (I'm looking at you, park pigeon).

Then again, I'm aware of that article written by Mark Witton (who's possibly privy to unreleased papers/information about the subject) saying that dinosaurs larger than "the yutyrannus threshold" should not be reconstructed as walking hay-stacks.

Ah science... you fickle fickle mistress....

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Loon on December 27, 2019, 12:10:09 AM
Quote from: Ravonium on December 27, 2019, 12:04:35 AM

I'm satisfied with my Safari figure, but, it's too small. So I can see why you say the genus isn't decently represented. But, I'd rather CollectA do one. I fear what Schleich's would look like if it wasn't sculpted by Konstantinov.
[Snip]
Isn't there anyone who cares about Sid The Sloth?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Loon

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 27, 2019, 01:52:11 PM
Then again, I'm aware of that article written by Mark Witton (who's possibly privy to unreleased papers/information about the subject) saying that dinosaurs larger than "the yutyrannus threshold" should not be reconstructed as walking hay-stacks.

I just want a decently feathered, accurate Therizinosaurus. So far, the Papo's the best option, and that thing looks plucked. So hopefully someone makes one with a  decent body cover and accurate "wings", even if the weird "hay-stack" butt isn't practical.

Shonisaurus

Schleich makes current mammals quite good in his sculpture. I would therefore like prehistoric mammals (since 2004 with their mammoth breeding) they have not commercialized any.

I would like a paraceratherium, deinotherium, mammoth primigenius, smilodon, thylacinus, moa and dodo. I could honestly take the risk of producing prehistoric mammals if they are as good as their current African or Asian mammal figures would interest me prehistoric mammals or extinct mammals.

profnik

Great idea  :D

Woolly mammoth is my favorite 2nd one. An the extinct dodo bird is my favorite 3rd one from future idea of Schleich.       

Shonisaurus

A mammoth and a dodo would be figures of extinct mammals quite good from the commercial point of view, especially the mammoth primigenius.

I would like the following allosaurus, ceratosaurus, albertosaurus, styracosaurus and giganotosaurus dinosaurs to be updated are good options for Schleich as long as they were well made.

On the other hand they should, as already mentioned, a therizinosaurus is a figure that should be improved with respect to its previous version and taking into account that there is still no version from my definitive view of that rare dinosaur, all current versions do not I am convinced independently that it is an overrepresented dinosaur.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Concavenator

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on February 01, 2020, 12:36:50 PM
Quote from: TheRealSpinoRex on February 01, 2020, 12:31:11 PM
Just have Vlad sculpt everything
That would definetely be much better

Vlad Konstantinov has made very good figures in Schleich Why do all Schleich figures in relation to dinosaurs and prehistoric animals are made by Vlad Konstantinov as in Collecta or Safari by Matthias Geiger and Doug Watson respectively or at least advises the sculptors from Schleich? It would be good news because last year's Schleich diabloceratops, spinosaurus and dracorex is the best thing that has been done in the dinosaur toy market and the best that the Schleich brand has produced in its long history.

SidB

I really do wonder if Schleich pays any attention to us. Others do Safari (through Doug), Rebor. But is there any hard evidence that Schleich and Papo, for instance, do?

Libraraptor

Schleich is like LEGO, they don't listen to customers'  interests and wishes. It is as simple as that.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: