News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PumperKrickel

deleted

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ScarletSpider on April 05, 2016, 04:14:47 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 04, 2016, 05:36:45 AM
Anyone know where this is from ?

I used a pic I found online, but I have one myself, just hard to photograph. It's marked UCS/ Amblin and is around 3" long.  I feel it's an accessory, probably from a film? But I don't recall ever seeing it before on a toy store shelf.

Screams Flintstones to me.

Found it! Top right: http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-The-Flintstones-Movie-Bendable-Figures-Complete-set-2-Pull-Back-Cars-/121934139076?hash=item1c63d74ec4:g:uu0AAOSw5IJWeGQQ

Hah!  Awesome ! Thanks!   I never had the bendy Flintstones figures just the Fast Food premiums and a few of he regular line ones.  Ah mystery solved..time to look for a new one I guess..lol

Roselaar

Quote from: RolandEden on April 05, 2016, 03:15:37 AM
I found in from Wallapop. From which house is this?
http://cdn.wallapop.com/shnm-portlet/images?pictureId=91599210&pictureSize=W640

Never seen this before, but it looks pretty good. I'd love to see the rest of the line, assuming there is one.

terrorchicken

Quote from: raptor64870 on April 04, 2016, 05:03:13 AM
i dont know, but as i know the pink dinosaur is supposed to be a polachantus.
thanks...really? figured some kind of stegosaur relative...

LophoLeeVT

8) yes i have it too and in a larger version and both say it is a polachantus.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Halichoeres

Does anybody recognize this lizard-y thing? It's marked "Cartoon Network" on the belly, so seems to be either a character or accessory for one of their shows' merchandise lines. Thanks in advance!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 07, 2016, 12:14:15 AM
Does anybody recognize this lizard-y thing? It's marked "Cartoon Network" on the belly, so seems to be either a character or accessory for one of their shows' merchandise lines. Thanks in advance!

I'm not aware of what manufacturer this figure would be made by, but I do know that it is a character from an old Cartoon Network show called "The Secret Saturdays" The main premise of the show revolved a family of cryptid hunters and their adventures. This character was their pet, named Komodo. Hope that helps a bit :)

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Halichoeres

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on April 07, 2016, 12:36:55 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 07, 2016, 12:14:15 AM

I'm not aware of what manufacturer this figure would be made by, but I do know that it is a character from an old Cartoon Network show called "The Secret Saturdays" The main premise of the show revolved a family of cryptid hunters and their adventures. This character was their pet, named Komodo. Hope that helps a bit :)

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

That's perfect! And so quickly! Thanks very much for the information.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I remember that show, they also had an Ornithocheirus didn't they?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 07, 2016, 03:46:16 AM
I remember that show, they also had an Ornithocheirus didn't they?

Yep! http://amzn.to/1SgrxVC (and here's the Komodo in its package: http://amzn.to/23lNUkr)

SBell

Does anyone recognize the brand of this dinosaur?

It is labelled Pelicanimimus but no manufacturer markings.

The owner asked the question on the STS forum http://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t16788-unknown-dinosaur-figurines where there are several other pictured ones form the same set.

If you know, let us know here and I'll pass it on--or join the STS (if you aren't a member) and tell them yourself!

Halichoeres

Planeta DeAgostini. There were at least 50 and they came with a magazine subscription. As far as I know they were mostly sold in Latin America. I have a few and I got them from Argentina.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 08, 2016, 02:21:40 AM
Planeta DeAgostini. There were at least 50 and they came with a magazine subscription. As far as I know they were mostly sold in Latin America. I have a few and I got them from Argentina.

I just saw that on STS. Thanks!

docronnie

De Agostini figures are marked, but I encountered knock offs in Baguio without marks except for the name of the dino.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Halichoeres

Quote from: docronnie on April 08, 2016, 06:44:06 PM
De Agostini figures are marked, but I encountered knock offs in Baguio without marks except for the name of the dino.
Interesting, maybe mine are knockoffs, then. Though if so, they're very convincing ones. Do you have a photo of the markings?

docronnie

I don't have one on file. Will try to take one in the weekend.

For the meantime, here's the link on Planeta DeAgostini.

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1808.20

Halichoeres

Quote from: docronnie on April 13, 2016, 01:57:39 PM
I don't have one on file. Will try to take one in the weekend.

For the meantime, here's the link on Planeta DeAgostini.

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1808.20

Thank you! A few out-of-date image links, but still quite useful.

docronnie

If you have Dinosauriana, you will know that all Planeta De Agostini figures are marked with De Agostini and the name of the dino.

BTW the Dinosauriana has been updated just a few days ago. Thanks Joe!  :)

Fluffysaurus

Hello everybody^^,
I have a question. I am in posession of a very Large Camarasaurus figure, but i cant find the brand.
Anyone of you know it? Its movable at the neck tail and also at the legs.

Comparison with papo Trex. Its also a Old model.
Hope you can help. I want to do a review of it.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..I've never seen one before anywhere and that's something I rarely have to admit.   It looks awesome, huge and retro..so very cool!

It's possible it's not called a Camarasaurus. I'd do searches with Brontosaurus and Apatosaurus too.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: