News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: raptor64870 on March 23, 2016, 04:14:44 AM
i have it in a different coloration
it is a triceratops made by tomy.

I have one too in more "serious" colors. But I want to know the line's name so we can track them down and potentially sell it. I'm sure he's gonna keep it, but what if I find one and want to sell it?

LophoLeeVT

well it is rare i only know a few members that have one.
well isnt tomy the factory name???
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

docronnie

I have the exact same figure and posted it on the Recent Acquisitions thread. Will look for it later. It's from Tomy and I believe it was recently issued. It's the same as the JP Tomy Triceratops. I have the description on the thread.

Found it, but I guess, I don't have much information too, except that the horns are not removable. The JP one has a removable horn, which is always missing when you find one of these.

Here's the link, just scroll down: 

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=431;area=showposts;start=40
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

LophoLeeVT

well wen i found mine BOTH OF ITS HORNS WAS MISSING. so i glued on fake brown dinosaur horns...
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

docronnie

do you have a photo to share, raptor?  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

LophoLeeVT

you can see it if you look closely in my collection threadã……ã……

EmperorDinobot

Georassic

Does anyone know the origin of these minis? I got them in the same ebay lot as the Scelidosaurus I posted above. I particularly like the little Protoceratops. It scales nicely with my 1:35 shelf, so I'd like to know its provenance.

Or how about these colorful little things? Same lot. They remind me animal figures I've seen in Mexico and southwest USA.

Thanks for any intel or info!

Archinto

Recently got this hard plastic soft-silver metallic Aepycamelus in a lot of old Nabisco dinosaur premiums. I am having a hard time identifying who made it. Its really cool, and looks really rad with all my monochromes I recently got. I recently figured out what it is so see below....

Nabisco Stenomylus figure. by Archinto, on Flickr

IDENTIFIED!

Turns out this is not actually an Aepycamelus even though it looks quite like one.

After a few hours of looking I finally ID'ed this guy. It is indeed a vintage Nabisco premium figure of a Stenomylus. I didnt know they made mammals, and the other ones in the set look cool too! Ill have to keep a watch!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

MaastrichtianGuy

can u please tell me what species is this mammoth skeleton is

Takama

Quote from: Georassic on March 26, 2016, 10:20:22 PM
Does anyone know the origin of these minis? I got them in the same ebay lot as the Scelidosaurus I posted above. I particularly like the little Protoceratops. It scales nicely with my 1:35 shelf, so I'd like to know its provenance.

I had these little guys when i was a kid.  They came in a Toob with doubles of each one.   Unfortunately i cant remember the company who made them :-[( I never payed attention to that as a kid.

Georassic

Thanks Takama. They look vaguely familiar to me too. But I'd not seen that Protoceratops before.

LophoLeeVT

i have the protoceratops in a just plain yellow color.
it came from an rubber egg ;)

terrorchicken

this figure came from a cheap pack of jungle animals. Is probably supposed to be an Asian elephant but anyone think it could pass for a female Columbian mammoth?

(it actually came with that date printed on it for some reason)  ???

also has anyone ever figured out what this guy is supposed to be?:

LophoLeeVT

i dont know, but as i know the pink dinosaur is supposed to be a polachantus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Anyone know where this is from ?

I used a pic I found online, but I have one myself, just hard to photograph. It's marked UCS/ Amblin and is around 3" long.  I feel it's an accessory, probably from a film? But I don't recall ever seeing it before on a toy store shelf.

Roselaar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 04, 2016, 05:36:45 AM

It's marked UCS/ Amblin and is around 3" long.  I feel it's an accessory, probably from a film?

If that's what it says, it's most likely from some Jurassic Park product. But I've never seen it before...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on April 04, 2016, 08:39:40 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 04, 2016, 05:36:45 AM

It's marked UCS/ Amblin and is around 3" long.  I feel it's an accessory, probably from a film?

If that's what it says, it's most likely from some Jurassic Park product. But I've never seen it before...

That was my first thought too, but it doesn't match any JP product I've ever seen.  It's obviously a toy of a toy dimetrodon, one of those action toys I suppose.  It has a Dinotopia vibe to me too but there were never toys like this made for it outside of a few prototypes.

stargatedalek

My money is on a JP tie-in by a model or hobby kids line.

SpartanSquat

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: