News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Anybody recognize this yellow ceratopsian?

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Quote from: sauroid on January 08, 2018, 10:57:12 AM
does anyone know anything about these Japanese figures (i don't know exactly know the brand and the series and other details/info)?

OMG! Someone else has these figures! I own both, got them years ago in a lot, posted it in the old forum and here to identify them, but no one seems to know who made them. I'm hoping that someone can help since Im very curious to know. They are both cool little figures. :D

sauroid

haha that's cool to know Boki. i haven't even taken them out of their plastic bags yet (til now and i got them about 4 years ago). :D
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 10, 2018, 01:23:09 PM

Hi. I did a close up to the image and it looks like an styracosaurus with severed central horns. As for the Brand, I don't know. the middle union line suggest is an old cheaposaur.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Megalosaurus on January 11, 2018, 11:29:36 PM

Hi. I did a close up to the image and it looks like an styracosaurus with severed central horns. As for the Brand, I don't know. the middle union line suggest is an old cheaposaur.

Oh, I think you're right! I didn't notice the evidence of severed horns. Nothing of interest, then. Thanks!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Joey

It is a Styracosaurus, and can be seen in this Amazon listing: Adventure Planet Dinosaur Set with Carrying Case, 20-Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CXJ0TM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_22ewAbG64PMED
I've actually had that same Styracosaurus (in gray coloration, like in the listing) when I was a small kid, but I got it from an old Animal Planet giant dinosaur tub.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Joey on January 12, 2018, 05:50:44 AM

It is a Styracosaurus, and can be seen in this Amazon listing: Adventure Planet Dinosaur Set with Carrying Case, 20-Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005CXJ0TM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_22ewAbG64PMED
I've actually had that same Styracosaurus (in gray coloration, like in the listing) when I was a small kid, but I got it from an old Animal Planet giant dinosaur tub.

Thanks!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 12, 2018, 04:32:35 AM

Oh, I think you're right! I didn't notice the evidence of severed horns. Nothing of interest, then. Thanks!

But I'm interested... in one with complete horns. I already have the small gray one that Joey mentioned. Styracosaurus is my favorite dinosaur. I still have the Imperial one from my childhood.

Loon

Found this guy at the gym; he was just chilling out by the check in stand. Looks vaguely chameleony to me?

Libraraptor

The head reminds me of old Schleich Allosaurus.  I think this one is a Chinasaur.

lips

This is a large paper mache-ish, thin leather-wrapped dino. Does anyone know what type he is and maybe who made it? It looks like he has 3 rows of bumps on his back and some on the top of his head. Thanks!

Joey

The story goes like this:
When I was about 7 or 8 years old, my mom and me went into a Michael's art store. When we were done shopping I saw a bin of dinosaurs that look like this:

I asked to get a couple, and those are the ones I got.
When I was older I started questioning who made them, and noticed that they have numbers on their feet:

Any help would be VERY helpful, and do not be afraid to ask for more images.

Megalosaurus

Hello.

Who is the maker / Brand of this resin Desmatosuchus & Postosuchus diorama?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Postosuchus-Desmatosuchus-Dinosaur-at-Swamp-Shoreline-Resin-Model/352249224460?hash=item5203b09d0c:g:FQYAAOSwRQxaUass

I've never seen this before.
Is the best dematosuchus sculpt I've seen.

Megalosaurus

Hi
It is a knockoff of the Battat edmontonia. It is the copy of the copy of the copy... Its quite abundant among the cheaposaurs.

BrontoScorpio

Ant idea what brand, if any, this Triceratops might belong to ?

sauroid

it's a no brand Trike figure from China. (i have two of them and i like them very much).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

PhilSauria

I have been after one of these for some time, almost had one at one stage but the order was cancelled without a clear explanation. Anyone know where I might be able to get hold of one of these? Much appreciated.

sauroid

it would look great as a repainted figure.

BrontoScorpio

Well,
I got this one.
Next one is for you.

IrritatorRaji

Does anyone know what brand this Spino is? He's an old toy from my childhood, been searching on Ebay for one like him for years and one's finally popped up. Would just kinda be nice to know where he came from.
(Seller doesn't list the brand, only the material and size)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: