News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: paintingdinos on November 28, 2017, 03:23:32 AM
I don't actually own this model, but it caught my eye from a video of this year's Wonderfest. Does anyone here happen to know who sculpted it/what it is?

The table is displaying a variety of models from differed sculptors- I'm guessing its a dromaeosaur of some sort, but its hard to tell for sure from the angle.

It's an original model sculpted and painted by Martin Garratt for the competition (because Mr. Garratt is also a wonderful sculptor).
If I remember correctly, he won the competition with that figure (but I'm not totally sure).
I'm searching for a better picture of it...

paintingdinos

Thank you for the ID, RobinGoodfellow!

For some reason I can't see the images (guessing I have to be friends with him to see his posts), but I know Mr. Garratt is extremely talented, so I can only imagine what lovely models they are!

lips

Do any of these birdies look familiar? Who made them? Thanks.

Edited by Admin to remove the Photobucket link. Photobucket are banished from the DTF.  C:-)

Lanthanotus

They look like Miller and Sinclairs or knockoffs of them to me, but there's some experts on this here in the forum. However, you maky have a look here .

postsaurischian

Quote from: paintingdinos on November 28, 2017, 05:29:36 PM
Thank you for the ID, RobinGoodfellow!

For some reason I can't see the images (guessing I have to be friends with him to see his posts), but I know Mr. Garratt is extremely talented, so I can only imagine what lovely models they are!

Here are a few pics of Martin's Buitreraptor. I absolutely adore this model :-*.

BlueKrono

Are those a real species of prehistoric fish?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

paintingdinos

Amazing! Thank you for posting them, postsaurischian.

Did Martin ever offer kits of any of his sculpts? I'm guessing no, but they really are incredible :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: paintingdinos on December 09, 2017, 04:49:01 PM
Amazing! Thank you for posting them, postsaurischian.

Did Martin ever offer kits of any of his sculpts? I'm guessing no, but they really are incredible :)

Martin Garratt's models are one-of-a-kind...

amargasaurus cazaui

while everything Martin sculpts nowdays seems to be for his own amusement he did at one time offer a  nesting oviraptorid he had sculpted.....I am also one of those few rare lucky people who was gifted a sculpt Martin made, at some point, for himself. He has occassionally given or done a piece for a forum member just because....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

Someone please help me identify the figures in this thread in terms of what companies they belong to. Thanks in advance!

I know nothing about the smaller figures on the left. Some of them are made of several parts, other are single pieces. The hard plastic figures on the right are Kabaya, correct? The Raptors fit on the base they're presebnted on in this pic, which says Bandai. The blue Allosaurus also feels like it belongs to those line, but in both cases I feel something is missing. Also, to which of these (if any) figures belongs the blue base? And what is the creepy crawly in the middle supposed to be?

The figures on the left I think are all Famemaster, incluyding the Chameleon. The larger figures on the right say Kazunari Araki on their base, but I don't know which line they belong to. One base is missing a figure and the Spinosaurus is missing a base (but no, they don't fit each other). Did I get something wrong?

CityRaptor

Yeah, the Bandai Allosaurus is missing the based and prey:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

The creepy crawly in the middle is an Agatsuma Water Bear.

tyrantqueen

P.S the seller you got those from on eBay was actually me :P

Roselaar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 24, 2017, 08:26:52 PM

Oh, why thank you! Want me to leave you feedback on the DTF as well as on eBay?

And is it correct that some of the bases don't fit any of the figures in this lot? Or did I make mistakes putting things back?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Roselaar on December 24, 2017, 09:11:41 PM

And is it correct that some of the bases don't fit any of the figures in this lot? Or did I make mistakes putting things back?

Yes, that is correct. The water bear, for instance, is supposed to include a base but this was missing when I received it.

Lanthanotus

The Spinosaurus'es and based T. rex'es are Kabaya, from that 5 models set with the extra parts for the Seismosaurus.

That nesting Muttaburrasaurus... saw that few days ago on ebay,.. can't recall the company name, but sauroid also showed it in his collection thread.

Roselaar

Quote from: Lanthanotus on December 25, 2017, 09:12:18 AM
The Spinosaurus'es and based T. rex'es are Kabaya, from that 5 models set with the extra parts for the Seismosaurus.

That nesting Muttaburrasaurus... saw that few days ago on ebay,.. can't recall the company name, but sauroid also showed it in his collection thread.

Apparently that figure (a Maiasaura actually) is also from Kabaya, but from a different series.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 24, 2017, 09:29:24 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on December 24, 2017, 09:11:41 PM

Yes, that is correct. The water bear, for instance, is supposed to include a base but this was missing when I received it.

Too bad. Oh well, still plenty to enjoy in this lot!  :)

PhilSauria

Picked up this mystery Diplodocus in a gift store in Akaroa, New Zealand on our recent trip there. Says Summit Collection on the tag, which identifies it as a Diplodocus. Quite heavy, probably resin but painted to look metalic (bronze?) and it's about the same size as the Bullyland and Invicta Apatosaurs.

Joey

Quote from: PhilSauria on December 26, 2017, 03:57:39 AM
Picked up this mystery Diplodocus in a gift store in Akaroa, New Zealand on our recent trip there. Says Summit Collection on the tag, which identifies it as a Diplodocus. Quite heavy, probably resin but painted to look metalic (bronze?) and it's about the same size as the Bullyland and Invicta Apatosaurs.

Interesting, to me it looks almost like a painted chinasaur.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: