News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

brontosauruschuck

It's closer to rubber than plastic. It has the same colour and look as a Dinowauris toy, but it's about twice as large

Justin_

Could it be a pencil eraser? It isn't an Iwako, but I imagine someone else somewhere makes them.

Halichoeres

I checked through all the erasers I could find in DeMarco's compendium, but I didn't see any that resembled this. I'm stumped!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

sauroid

does anyone know who made this trike?

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

The left edge of the base has Japanese text on it. Does that give any clues? I can't make it out at this angle.

sauroid

yes thats the only clue to its country of origin. but no info on brand whatsoever :(
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BrontoScorpio

It seems like from the Bandai set of "The Dinosaur Model" made from rubber.
I just recently got the set.
for some reason - they are hard to find :

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 12, 2021, 01:31:57 PM
H A @agee, welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid I don't recognize the sauropod, but maybe this will expose it to more eyeballs:

I think it's an Araki Kazunari Resin Argentinosaurus - can't remember the site where I saw it.

Halichoeres

Nice, thanks, Brontoscorpio! I'd forgotten that Plesiosaurus came with a coelacanth. I wish Bandai still made dinosaurs like this.

sauroid

Libraraptor

Any ideas?  Reminds me of an old concept of Compsognathus.

agee

Thank you, Brontoscorpio! That is the first solid lead that I have gotten.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 19, 2021, 03:33:34 PM

Any ideas?  Reminds me of an old concept of Compsognathus.

Interesting, it has hints of feathers. No markings of any kind, I suppose?

CityRaptor

It's from Dino Planet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-dMYL17bYc
Ignore the clickbaity title, those have nothing to do with Jurassic World.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Halichoeres

I see they didn't give them names.

Halichoeres

Does anyone who owns the Kaiyodo Legacy of Revoltech Tyrannosaurus have a photo of this part of the box? Or, failing, that, a translation of the text?

sauroid

i also want to know who made this hollow monochromatic Allosaurus

Kapitaenosavrvs

Never saw that Allosaurus before, but it looks 2000s ish to me. Or end 90s. No wait. No pronated Hands. Must be newer :D I guess, there will be someone that knows.

I have a question, too. Found a few small Dinosaur Figures in the olde lego Box from other Times. I could search for the "Palaeoscincus" (The Orange Man on the right.) and found it on the DTB. Its Panini. Makes sense, had a few of these as a kid. But i do not know the other Figures, that are more plasic, than rubber. No, they are clearly hard plastic :D No Text, just the "Made in China" on two of them. I guess, i will be just Stuff from the Fair or something, but maybe someone knows them and has a Name to these.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: