News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

I guess they´re all just run-of-the-mill plastic cheaposaurs "inspired" by Marx. I sometimes get them as bycatch in bigger collections.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 30, 2021, 12:30:51 PM
I guess they´re all just run-of-the-mill plastic cheaposaurs "inspired" by Marx. I sometimes get them as bycatch in bigger collections.

I counted on you, hehe. I thought the same. Figures no one never actually bought. They just appear after 20 Years in Boxes and Corners.

BrontoScorpio

From left to right it seems to me : Inpro, mpc, Nabisco, diener.
But, something about their structure lead me to believe they could be just some  knockoffs.

BrontoScorpio

I sifted away the unknown items within a Lot I bought.
Any idea what those might be ? :

Halichoeres

I don't know the makers, but the two at bottom left are tsuchinoko
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 30, 2021, 03:12:51 PM
But, something about their structure lead me to believe they could be just some  knockoffs.

Yeah that Triceratops definitely is an Inpro knockoff made of hard plastic.

Duna

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 30, 2021, 05:39:03 PM

Yeah that Triceratops definitely is an Inpro knockoff made of hard plastic.
The yellow allosaurus is a knock off too. I got a few of them (they appear in 20-30 years old lots) from Spanish lots and here no Marx figures were sold.

sauroid

yeah tsuchinoko, the Japanese mythical snake. and those Protoceratops are cute.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fembrogon

I'm curious what's going on with the Kronosaurus and Brontosaurus in this lot. Are these just knockoffs, or are they unusual Marx variants??

stoneage

I think the Brontosaurus is Marx and the Kronosaurus is MPC.

BlueKrono

They are both Marx molds (I know the Kronosaurus is for sure), but they're not originsl Marx. Rather, they're by later companies like Superior that bought the molds. Common colors.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

Ahhh, I see. Well, if they're common recasts I'll probably pass on them for now - although the Krono does look rather nice.

Here's a different one: does anybody know what brand THESE are?

The seller lists them as a possible 70s/80s model kit set. I think they look pretty cool.

Crackington

They look like customised 1970s Airfix kits. Don't recall the Rex's teeth being so big, but could be the paint job!

Justin_

They're Airfix but I don't think customised.

Thialfi

edit: nevermind, it's the Papo smilodon of course..

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on March 30, 2021, 03:14:19 PM

I sifted away the unknown items within a Lot I bought.Any idea what those might be ? :

Found the two serpents :
"Tsuchinoko" as other people mentioned :

- Mu UMA Unidentified Animal 1st set
- UHA Collect Club Seven Wonders

Halichoeres

Both the trilobite and the theropod look hand painted and brittle. Could they have been from model kits?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Justin_

I think the therapod could even be hand-made, or a custom job. Is there wire holding the broken tail together?

BrontoScorpio

I do think they those 2 are model kits- should be very old ...

Kapitaenosavrvs

Ah, thank you! I always thought i already replied. Beeing Knockoff makes sense, but i am not sure about the orange "Palaeoscincus" Ankylosaur.
Looks like Panini. Or was it more like "Panini sold these but the originals were produced or designed by someone else?

http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/10/28/prehistoric-animals-panini-review-part-2/

Thank you very much :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: