News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinoxels

An Eofauna knockoff? I need to cleanse my eyes hold up.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Libraraptor

Doug Watson

Quote from: Fembrogon on July 09, 2021, 11:51:59 PM
Safari, Eofauna, Schleich, and Collecta all in one. Does avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna or avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson need to see this?

Thanks I'll pass this on to Safari Ltd, unfortunately the country that is ripping these off does not respect copyright law and there is no legal recourse.  The one good thing is the listing states "Currently unavailable" hopefully it stays that way.

SidB

I wouldn't have any great confidence that a CE stamp, if present, would actually have any real meaning from such a source.

Creature

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 26, 2021, 05:31:59 PM
Does anyone who owns the Kaiyodo Legacy of Revoltech Tyrannosaurus have a photo of this part of the box? Or, failing, that, a translation of the text?

I have the brown version, so the box looks different, but the English heading on that section says "Option parts." The bottom section is basically just listing off the alternate feet and the name plate. I think the top section is referring to the fact that the palm trees are separate pieces from the rest of the base, and that they're ball-jointed and posable.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: SidB on July 10, 2021, 01:03:44 PM
I wouldn't have any great confidence that a CE stamp, if present, would actually have any real meaning from such a source.

Right. The CE mark is part of the mold. Sometimes these are not copies but literally bootlegs made from the original molds illegally during off hours. So they'd have the same CE and copyright info.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Halichoeres

Quote from: Creature on July 11, 2021, 01:13:02 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 26, 2021, 05:31:59 PM
Does anyone who owns the Kaiyodo Legacy of Revoltech Tyrannosaurus have a photo of this part of the box? Or, failing, that, a translation of the text?

I have the brown version, so the box looks different, but the English heading on that section says "Option parts." The bottom section is basically just listing off the alternate feet and the name plate. I think the top section is referring to the fact that the palm trees are separate pieces from the rest of the base, and that they're ball-jointed and posable.

avatar_Creature @Creature Thanks so much! I've been on a prehistoric plant kick lately, and I was wondering if the package included information on these little trees (ferns?). If that's all there is then they probably didn't put that much thought into them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Creature

I'll try and remember to check my box tomorrow to see if I can run Google Translate over it to make sure there's nothing else.

Lanthanotus

Does anyone of you know how these models look in person, couldn`t find images on the web. Producer is ARII and they are obviously not very big.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Crackington

I vaguely recall looking into these models a few years back when I saw them on eBay. They are quite old, 1960s? I think they weren't very big and looked a bit rubbish, even compared to the old Pyros.

Sorry, that's probably not very helpful!

BrontoScorpio

Saw it couple of times on YAJ.
Your 'ARII' made the trick for search in Japanese :
Found some finished models Here.
But, in case it's realy not the right set - you can read here more on Old Japanese Plastic model dinosaurs.

Crackington

Lanthanotus

Thanks very much avatar_Crackington @Crackington and avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio , you helped me a lot :)

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 20, 2021, 08:32:18 PM
Thanks very much avatar_Crackington @Crackington and avatar_BrontoScorpio @BrontoScorpio , you helped me a lot :)
Just stumbled accross a better picture to describe the set :

And there's also one set available for purchasing Here :

brontosauruschuck

I found this in a shop today. It's labeled Stygimoloch. I'm guessing it's a ripoff but I don't know what it could be a ripoff of. Probably some Jurassic World thing.

Creature

I found these two china/ceramic dinosaurs at an antique shop today, but they don't have anything marking who produced them.

Unknown China Dinosaurs by M W, on Flickr

From the little bit I've been able to find, they're bone china, made in Japan in maybe the 1960s. They're 1 or 1.5 inches tall. No backstamps. They have nice mold detail and shading in the finishwork though.

I found the sauropod in a different colorway in this Etsy listing, but no brand is mentioned.

Maybe they're just generic made in Japan figures?

Duna

Any info on these?

I have the stegosaurus in grey. I found this pic of some more figures.

brontosauruschuck

Oh man, I love them!

They look kind of Monsters In My Pocket-like. Are they by any chance from England?

Duna

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on September 25, 2021, 09:07:53 AM
Oh man, I love them!

They look kind of Monsters In My Pocket-like. Are they by any chance from England?
Those come from France but mine I think came from UK.

Duna

Quote from: Duna on September 24, 2021, 09:23:24 PM
Any info on these?

I have the stegosaurus in grey. I found this pic of some more figures.

Any idea J @japfeif ? I couldnt find them in your book. 😅

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: