News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Python

Anybody know what the Erythrosuchus figure in this picture is? Maybe avatar_stemturtle @stemturtle can help because he first posted this image in the old forum.
Also if he could ID the Trilophosaurus.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Python on December 13, 2021, 03:55:08 AM
Anybody know what the Erythrosuchus figure in this picture is? Maybe avatar_stemturtle @stemturtle can help because he first posted this image in the old forum.

I think it's not an Erythrosuchus but a Foetodon from King Kong movie by Peter Jackson:

The "Trilophosaurus" seems to be a customized Starlux Cynognathus to me..

From what I know there is only one model of Erythrosuchus on the market:

:)

Roselaar

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 13, 2021, 06:25:10 AM

The "Trilophosaurus" seems to be a customized Starlux Cynognathus to me..

Doubtful it is a Starlux Cynognathus, as that figure is much bigger than the one in the picture. It's at least the size of the Euparkeria.

stemturtle

Quote from: Python on December 13, 2021, 03:55:08 AM

The Trilophosaurus is from a set of lizards by FUL. Member sbell wrote to me that the same set was sold by Wild Republic. The ID is speculative.
The Erythrosuchus is the smaller version of Foetodon from the King Kong movie, as RobinGoodfellow commented. There was also a larger version that had an action feature. ID is again speculative.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Python

Quote from: stoneage on December 11, 2021, 07:54:21 PM
Quote from: Justin_ on December 11, 2021, 06:29:42 PM
It looks like a one-off sculpture. The style is a bit like the Paleo Creatures line, but I think the full range are on that Everything Dinosaur link.
Does anyone know what happened to their creator?

The creature of the Paleo-Creatures line is Jesus Toledo, our very own avatar_Jetoar @Jetoar. On STS Forum, I tried to contact him and apparently he wasn't sculpting any more creatures.

Also anyone heard of this fish model i saw on aliexpress?

I'm getting Bawitius vibes if we're talking about prehistoric species.

Should I buy it?

Shonisaurus

Looks great. Where is there a link to buy that figure? It's a pretty cool one.

Python

You can buy it here on aliexpress   https://ja.aliexpress.com/item/1005002907565913.html?

Samrukia

hello world!

very happy to join this amazing forum (will introduce myself in a separate thread later ;))

i would appreciate your help with the identification of this figure of Edmontosaurus. do you have a guess what brand this might be? i got it from the Royal Saskatchewan Museum's gift shop in 2013 or 2014.

ZoPteryx

Welcome avatar_Samrukia @erlectric;D  I'm afraid I don't have an id for your Edmontosaurus, but I've seen a tiny miniature version of that same exact sculpt.  I want to say it was by Panini, but I'm not sure.

Libraraptor

I do have that figure,  too.  But can't really say which brand it is.

Duna

Quote from: erlectric on December 18, 2021, 07:09:52 PM
i would appreciate your help with the identification of this figure of Edmontosaurus. do you have a guess what brand this might be? i got it from the Royal Saskatchewan Museum's gift shop in 2013 or 2014.
Hi! What I know about that figure is that the mini green version appears in the Safari minis tube with a slightly different position of the arm and it's in fact an Iguanodon:

And also as ZoPteryx has said, another version of the mini just like yours but in mini and dark grey colour appears in the tubes with the reissues of the Panini molds. But I know nothing about your figure, that colour is very original.

Samrukia

thank you very much!

indeed, that Panini figure has a very similar sculpt. a decent figure overall i would say, good quality.

Libraraptor

At its belly it says "Edmontosaurus"...

Samrukia

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 20, 2021, 06:43:24 PM
At its belly it says "Edmontosaurus"...

that's why i purchased it, i was studying in Canada and wanted to get a truly canadian dinosaur :)

Roselaar

Quote from: erlectric on December 18, 2021, 07:09:52 PM

If I'm not mistaken it's an AAA Edmontosaurus. Smaller scale than most AAA figures, but still very much in their style.

Fembrogon

This is a curious-looking raptor figure. Does anybody know what brand it is? I can't make out the scale.
https://jp.mercari.com/item/m24628377701

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 22, 2021, 08:45:41 PM
This is a curious-looking raptor figure. Does anybody know what brand it is? I can't make out the scale.
https://jp.mercari.com/item/m24628377701

That's a Deinonychus made by Sega, it's based off the Dinosaur King TV Show. The show does have some great designs, but all the dromaeosaurs have a lack of feathering as a result of the time period. ^-^
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Fembrogon

Ahh, I've heard of Dinosaur King before (I think it's actually on Netflix right now). Honestly I think that's a pretty decent raptor design for the time; at least it's not another JP imitator.

Strepsodus

Due to the glaring lack of prehistoric Actinopterygii, I'm trying to collect some modern ones instead. Could anyone Identify the species of these?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: