News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

a sega dinosaur king parasaurolophus figure that's missing it's crest.

Chad

Quote from: ITdactyl on October 30, 2013, 04:13:55 PM
a sega dinosaur king parasaurolophus figure that's missing it's crest.

Ah, thanks! I suspected it was something obvious like that.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 12, 2013, 02:03:16 PM
Quote from: Nanoc on September 12, 2013, 04:03:02 AM
Hallo,
I got this Rex on a lot.
Is it an Invicta? Do you know if it's valuable?

I'm afraid that's not an Invicta, but a bootleg.

Or, if it's not a bootleg, it could be a genuine Invicta that someone painted. I can't really tell from the photo though.

Laramie T. rex, perhaps?

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 19, 2012, 12:35:17 AM
Quote from: stoneage on March 18, 2012, 09:04:34 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2012, 06:55:04 AM
Quote from: Himmapaan on March 18, 2012, 02:52:54 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 18, 2012, 02:41:22 AM
...they held up to a lot of abuse..just not a lawn mower.. :/

Ouch!

Yeah..my dad wasn't going to be bothered with moving my " toys " before mowing the yard. :/ :(

What about your poor sculptures?

My 1/1 Dinos are a little hard to fit under a mower .. ;D  And I don't live with my Dad anymore..haven't since my mom passed in 98'.  Granted he worked a terrible job and didn't even want to fool with yard work when he was off..so given all that my Dino toys in the yard didn't stand much chance. :/
I'm very sorry to hear about her passing.  :'(
-Zhuchengotyrant

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 30, 2013, 08:32:06 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 12, 2013, 02:03:16 PM
Quote from: Nanoc on September 12, 2013, 04:03:02 AM
Hallo,
I got this Rex on a lot.
Is it an Invicta? Do you know if it's valuable?

I'm afraid that's not an Invicta, but a bootleg.

Or, if it's not a bootleg, it could be a genuine Invicta that someone painted. I can't really tell from the photo though.

Laramie T. rex, perhaps?

No Laramie at all. It´s too detailed, too close to the Invicta. I agree to the "horribly painted original Invicta"- theory.

LostworldP

photo -eco-expedition-articulated-t-rex-triceratops-stegosaurus-velociraptor-brachiosaurus-apatosaurus-dinosaur-toy-figure-playset_zps3b639a35.jpgcan you help me identify that raptor like dinosaur with red and purple coloring with a light purple color stripe surrounding a blue brachiosaur apatosaur mixed sauropod like dinosaur with red colored markings on head and on the tip of the tail and last that blue compsognathid like dinosaur with a green colored throat from a moveable dinosaur figure set. please can you tell anyone what are those three dinosaurs are?since its hard for you people look it up and find the right pictures and the right images to find the right dinosaurs to identify. *orthocone*

Primeval12

Quote from: LostworldP on November 18, 2013, 09:49:08 PM
photo -eco-expedition-articulated-t-rex-triceratops-stegosaurus-velociraptor-brachiosaurus-apatosaurus-dinosaur-toy-figure-playset_zps3b639a35.jpgcan you help me identify that raptor like dinosaur with red and purple coloring with a light purple color stripe surrounding a blue brachiosaur apatosaur mixed sauropod like dinosaur with red colored markings on head and on the tip of the tail and last that blue compsognathid like dinosaur with a green colored throat from a moveable dinosaur figure set. please can you tell anyone what are those three dinosaurs are?since its hard for you people look it up and find the right pictures and the right images to find the right dinosaurs to identify. *orthocone*

The "Compsognathid" is actually a poor excuse for a dilophosaurus, the raptor-like dinosaur is supposed to be a velociraptor and the sauropod is a very inaccurate brachiosaurus. I had this set and evan as a kid could point out the inaccuracies.

LostworldP

can anyone please tell me and identify this diplodocus like sauropod dinosaur. that carnotaurus t-rex hybrid look a like theropod dinosaur.that weird allosaurus looking dinosaur.and finally that weird ol spinosaurus like dinosaur please?oh, by the way, don't forget to know me what company made some of these. *orthocone*
photo IMG_03801_zps76ee91eb.jpg

LostworldP

can you please anyone tell me to identify those two diplodocus look a like sauropod dinosaurs because these two are not apatosauruses.and please identify those two brachiosaurus look a like dinosaurs and those last two are not brachiosauruses .so please identify them now *orthocone*

Takama

Quote from: LostworldP on November 20, 2013, 12:00:27 AM
can you please anyone tell me to identify those two diplodocus look a like sauropod dinosaurs because these two are not apatosauruses.and please identify those two brachiosaurus look a like dinosaurs and those last two are not brachiosauruses .so please identify them now *orthocone*

the first brown one is from toy major. the striped one is from Schleich, and the other two are unknown to me.

Many of the dinosaurs you posted are what we call Chinasaurs. Dinosaurs that were made in china and have no purpose then being plastic childs play things, and the company that makes them is highly unknown.

By the way, you might Want to be more polite before you ask someone to see a thread.

These are unfortunately just more Chinasaurs. 

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Takama on November 20, 2013, 01:53:42 AM
Quote from: LostworldP on November 20, 2013, 12:00:27 AM

the first brown one is from toy major. the striped one is from Schleich, and the other two are unknown to me.

Many of the dinosaurs you posted are what we call Chinasaurs. Dinosaurs that were made in china and have no purpose then being plastic childs play things, and the company that makes them is highly unknown.

By the way, you might Want to be more polite before you ask someone to see a thread.

These are unfortunately just more Chinasaurs.
Actually, the 'Chinosaurs' can be found in Animal Planet Big Tub of Dinosaurs(at least the sauropod and hybrid)
And the third sauropod is also from the Big Tub, as a brachiosaurus
-Zhuchengotyrant

docronnie

The Apatosaurus on the left and the Dilophosaurus on the right are Toy Major brands.  They have marks under their bellies.  Just use a magnifying glass.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

darkest absol

Kind of poor quality picture, but it's a small flexible plastic figure. It originally came in a set with a bunch of other dinosaurs, all of which are now lost. It appears to be blue plastic with green paint on top and reads "MADE IN CHINA D1" on the belly. What species is this, and who made the toy? I believe the set was originally bought in the early 2000's.

tyrantqueen

QuoteKind of poor quality picture, but it's a small flexible plastic figure. It originally came in a set with a bunch of other dinosaurs, all of which are now lost. It appears to be blue plastic with green paint on top and reads "MADE IN CHINA D1" on the belly. What species is this, and who made the toy? I believe the set was originally bought in the early 2000's.
You've got your answer right there.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's about it..Chinasaur.

I get a lot of these for sale in the giftshop. Just a generic dinosaur...I guess you could call it a Plateosaur or really anything in similar appearance and you wouldn't be wrong.. lol

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 14, 2013, 04:50:55 PM

I get a lot of these for sale in the giftshop. Just a generic dinosaur...I guess you could call it a Plateosaur or really anything in similar appearance and you wouldn't be wrong.. lol

I've had those--they are Imperial small figures. The photo isn't clear, but it looks like it has the snarling face, so it would stand in for most small, generic theropods. Fingers and such are all wrong of course.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on December 14, 2013, 05:00:15 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 14, 2013, 04:50:55 PM

I've had those--they are Imperial small figures. The photo isn't clear, but it looks like it has the snarling face, so it would stand in for most small, generic theropods. Fingers and such are all wrong of course.

Ah. I couldn't see the head well enough..I think I had one that labelled Velociraptor..no claws on the feet or anything else that lead one to that conclusion but the head was slightly pointed. lol

tyrantqueen

Any ideas about this model?

I do not own the item nor the image...I found it on a Japanese Yahoo auction. It looks like a customised JP model...any ideas?

Simon

Its hard to say for sure without knowing the dimensions, but its either a Horizon JP vinyl recast like you see on ebay, or a model that is a copy of the Horizon JP kit ...

Almost forgot - it could also be the rare Tsukuda 1/24 vinyl official Jurassic Park TRex, which was only sold in Japan and came complete.  This one would have been repainted, because those weren't the colors of the original Tsukuda TRex ...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not sure..my guesses would be as good as Simon's up there.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: