News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: LostworldP on November 20, 2013, 12:00:27 AM
can you please anyone tell me to identify those two diplodocus look a like sauropod dinosaurs because these two are not apatosauruses.and please identify those two brachiosaurus look a like dinosaurs and those last two are not brachiosauruses .so please identify them now *orthocone*

I've seen the green "brachiosaur" once at a dollar store. Except it was grey.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Blade-of-the-Moon

#1 is a chinasaur..probably diplodocus
#2 I've seen as part of a series of large plastic dinosaurs..possibly just chinosaurs though  Ithink it says Apatosaurus or Brontosaurus on it.

#3 is a generic sauropod chinasaur.
#4 is a Schleich Brachiosaurus :  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schleich-Dinosaur-Figurine-14503-Brachiosaurus-/360812078767?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item54021366af

CityRaptor

Got something to ID.

Is that a color variant of the Carnegie Diplo?

Kaiyodo Dinoland?

Thanks in advance!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

It is either a badly painted Dinoland Chasmo, with the frill snapped off and the seams badly filled in...or a badly made bootleg that's been through the wars. Looks very much like a bootleg to me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 15, 2013, 10:10:33 AM
Got something to ID.

Is that a color variant of the Carnegie Diplo?

Thanks in advance!

I think it's just the lighting.

UK

Hi, I think this a White Post figure, would like to know which dinosaur it is meant to represent.

Also was this a planned variant from the normal green colour or a more rare figure?

Thanks

Steve

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: UK on December 16, 2013, 08:52:08 AM
Hi, I think this a White Post figure, would like to know which dinosaur it is meant to represent.

Also was this a planned variant from the normal green colour or a more rare figure?

Thanks

Steve

Your image link doesn't work. Try an address that ends in .jpg

UK

Thanks

Steve

Raptoress

Quote from: UK on December 17, 2013, 08:44:31 PM

Thanks

Steve

Plateosaurus, maybe?

DC

yes it is White Post
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/whitePost.htm
note sure what it supposed to be plateosurus is a good match
There is an old article in PT by Ken Profitt that would have more information.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

DC

Quote from: darkest absol on December 14, 2013, 07:04:38 AM

Kind of poor quality picture, but it's a small flexible plastic figure. It originally came in a set with a bunch of other dinosaurs, all of which are now lost. It appears to be blue plastic with green paint on top and reads "MADE IN CHINA D1" on the belly. What species is this, and who made the toy? I believe the set was originally bought in the early 2000's.

The is from a set of 24 figures from China.
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/bin.htm 
They come in many colors as party favors and a custom painted tube from K&M.
I think it is supposed to be a Coelophysid
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/norian1a.html
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/norian1d.html

They paint up nicely is you use a base first.  When I teach a class using surivie O saurus RPG, based on the WWD First Blood episode, I have each student paint up their own.  They scale nicely with the Wild Safari Postosuchus, Carnegie Plateosaurus and Schliech Dematosuchus, Panini cynodont, Bullland standard Plateosaurus and a Chinasaur Placerias.

There are several other potential small theropods in the set like the Troodon. 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

IslandAnimals

can somebody Identify this phorusrhacos-kelenken-gastornis terror bird like animal? but before you do it don't answer that is just generic

tyrantqueen

Isn't it a Chap Mei, or a Chap Mei knockoff?

IslandAnimals

Its a Chap Mei so I have to know what species of prehistoric terror bird is this please?

thelordsgym

It's a Gastornis, and indeed by Chap Mei, still being sold in a pack along with a large dimetrodon at Toys R Us. Although Chap Mei putting the teeth in it is very questionable.......

IslandAnimals

I Know its a Gastornis But the gastornis by chap mei looks like a zeropteryx from The world of kong Book

thelordsgym

Quote from: IslandAnimals on December 29, 2013, 08:36:25 PM
Its a Chap Mei so I have to know what species of prehistoric terror bird is this please?
You just asked what species of terror bird it is, now you say you know it is a Gastornis?

IslandAnimals

can anybody Identify these two dinosaurs?

Q.Can Someone ID this Coelophysid-Megalosaurus-Allosaurus theropod Dinosaur? *orthocone*

Q.Can someone ID this crocodile-alligator Megalosaurus like Dinosaur? *orthocone*

but before you identify them look at its fingers And remember don't answer that there just generic and just a pair of chinasaurs *orthocone*

Takama

The First one I have no idea.   The Orange one I know is a Megalosaurus, because it was based one a painting

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe the first one is an Allosaur ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: