News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like a fantasy creature..maybe D&D ? Ral partha produced pewter dinosaurs and a lot of fantasy creatures...and so do many others. It kind of looks like  baby dragon to me.

stoneage

:)  I think they were going for Stegosaurus.

SBell

For everybody that wants to see more prehistoric fish like Gemuendina:

Would this be a dollar store version?

Given the set, it's probably supposed to be a ray, maybe an outside chance of angel shark--but I'm thinking someone didn't check their image source.

Not exactly up to the standard of Razh00's shapeways figure, but more durable!

EmperorDinobot

What is this:

And does anyone want it?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on March 17, 2014, 09:14:56 AM
What is this:

And does anyone want it?

That's a Raptor from the Turok battle set Playmates did I think. It included turok himself and some gear.  I have the Spinosaurus, T-Rex and Velociraptor from the same series I considered selling.

Sumo

Well, that's an... interestingly seductive pose.
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Libraraptor

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not a toy per say..but still a collectible. I'd like to know if this was part of a series, what it was called and who sculpted it.

Gallimimus head plaque in 1:1 scale I believe. The back has info but is in french..I believe it says the National Museum of Paris ? If anyone knows who the artist is or has any more info I would appreciate it.

Back

closeup

I feel like I've seen it before..maybe in PT years ago but I can't recall exactly..too many dino collectibles ! lol

Libraraptor

Cool stuff, Blade-of-the-Moon!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 27, 2014, 09:47:52 AM
Cool stuff, Blade-of-the-Moon!

It is very cool Libra ! I think it's 1:1 too ? 

I forgot to mention it but it also has a theropod track drawn into it on the base of the neck and the year 1992. I'm assuming the track is an artist's mark ?

stoneage

Blade-of-the-Moon

Katieraptor

Saw this on the Kaiyodo thread. Is it an Allosaur?

What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

DinoLord

Yes, it's the Allosaurus from Series 6.

SBell

Quote from: Katieraptor on March 30, 2014, 03:52:22 AM
Saw this on the Kaiyodo thread. Is it an Allosaur?

It's one of two colour variants (I only had the one photo, since I only have the one).

Chad

Any thoughts as to what the little guy top-right is supposed to be?

Thanks

--Chad

Roselaar

Some sort of quadrupedal herbivorous dinosaur with a leaf in its mouth? I can't think of any species in particular though...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Odd...seems dragon-ish ?  Maybe it's a Rhedosaur ?

Libraraptor

Looks mostly like an Iguanodon or Tenontosaurus. Quadrupedal Ornithischian.

Zhuchengotyrant

I was not sure where to post this. Does the Carnegie Giga have a tripod pose. Mine does not but i saw a picture with one as a tripod. Please help.
-Zhuchengotyrant

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: