News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: IslandAnimals on December 30, 2013, 09:34:53 PM

can someone please identify this raptor because this isn't a velociraptor at all. it is bigger than this human. so is this a velociraptor a deinonychus a dromaeosaurus or something else? *orthocone*

Perhaps you could use it as a Utahraptor :) Except for the head design, but the scale is about right.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Libraraptor

Jetoar

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 09, 2014, 09:14:47 AM
Quote from: Trilobite14 on January 25, 2014, 10:52:48 PM

can someone Id the name of this dinosaur?

Iguanodon? Maiasaura?

I think that it is a Iguanodon out spines. I is very simiilra a one image of WWD Iganodon.

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ikessauro

Hey guys, I need a bit of info on these mammals. They do not have species name written on their tags or body, nor company name. Surprisingly I found what seems to be smaller versions of them in the Geoworld catalog, where the name of the animals is available. What do you think, who is actually the manufacturer?

SBell

Those 5, plus the 6th (the anthracothere) are almost certainly larger versions of the GeoWorld ones; the big ones were available first. I have some, and the company is not particularly clear. THere was a tag with a name like Cornelissen on it, but it is hard to know if that is a manufacturer, a distributor, or anything at all.

tyrantqueen

LOL, if that company is bootlegging Geoworld, they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Oh well, at least they're not ripping off decent models, like Safari or CollectA.

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 22, 2014, 06:36:33 AM
LOL, if that company is bootlegging Geoworld, they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Oh well, at least they're not ripping off decent models, like Safari or CollectA.

They actually made them first.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SBell on February 22, 2014, 06:39:57 AM

So Geoworld is copying them?

Ikessauro

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 22, 2014, 06:40:28 AM
Quote from: SBell on February 22, 2014, 06:39:57 AM

So Geoworld is copying them?

I guess that must be the answer. I had seen the big versions before the smaller ones in Geoworld catalog, so I guess GW is either copying them or struck a deal to distribute these smaller versions. I'll have to look for the tags I had, I'm not sure if I still do. Thanks for the help guys.

DC

GeoWorld has some small stuff Ice and Dinosaurs sold in play sets and an Ice colored cones.  They do not make them just distribute them.  Chinasaurs.  The mammals are interesting because they some species that do show up often.  These are the pre Jurassic Hunter and Action products.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Hi Patrick

you mis the sort of Hippo i see

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

All info i got is that that serie that was sold by Cornelissen(a german distributor)
was made by a east european company

they had 6 big ones,,about the size(10/15 cm) of the schleich and bullyland figures
and they had the same serie in small ,about 5 to 6 cm

Conelissen stil sell's them
They look exactly the same as the prehistoric serie from (aaah i for got the name)

It are hollow figures and in Holland is 1 shop that sels them,,in Scheveningen-the Pett celler (dieren kelder)
that's what i still remember of these serie,,i got them to

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Here is different photo with the selling box on it from Cornelissen

and by the way,,i remember the company were they look simmeler at,,

wild republic,here is a screen

hope this is very helpfull for you guy's and girls

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

SBell

I have the Wild Republic and Cornelissen sets. The two sets are not really very similar (the 3 that are in both sets, anyway).

Ikessauro

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on February 22, 2014, 07:58:58 PM
Special for you patrick

So I wouldn't be wrong in saying that they are Cornelissen; I guess I'll have to settle for that.
Martien, Thank you for the photo. I do have this hippo too, just forgot to put it on the photo with the others. Here a pic of mine.

Carnosaur

Can anyone ID this dino figure?
the owner thinks its a Hypsilophodon. but he doesn't know who made it.

tyrantqueen

Takama

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 22, 2014, 09:32:07 PM
Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on February 22, 2014, 07:58:58 PM
Special for you patrick

So I wouldn't be wrong in saying that they are Cornelissen; I guess I'll have to settle for that.
Martien, Thank you for the photo. I do have this hippo too, just forgot to put it on the photo with the others. Here a pic of mine.

I can handle a lot of things, but the spots on that hippo give me the heeby jeebys

tyrantqueen

QuoteI can handle a lot of things, but the spots on that hippo give me the heeby jeebys
Me too...just looking at it makes my skin crawl :-X

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: