News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 12, 2014, 04:41:56 AM
I was not sure where to post this. Does the Carnegie Giga have a tripod pose. Mine does not but i saw a picture with one as a tripod. Please help.
Ideally, it is supposed to stand as a biped. But often it doesn't. My own Giga did not stand by itself no matter how much I reheated it. The legs are quite skinny so the figure may topple even if you do manage to get it to stand by itself.

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 12, 2014, 07:18:47 AM
Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 12, 2014, 04:41:56 AM
I was not sure where to post this. Does the Carnegie Giga have a tripod pose. Mine does not but i saw a picture with one as a tripod. Please help.
Ideally, it is supposed to stand as a biped. But often it doesn't. My own Giga did not stand by itself no matter how much I reheated it. The legs are quite skinny so the figure may topple even if you do manage to get it to stand by itself.
Thank you, and mine stands perfectly, usually....  ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Roselaar

Need to have these identified! I know the three on the right are Sega Dinosaur King figures, but I also need to know what species they represent. The green Iguanodon looks like a mirrored copy of the Kaiyodo Dino Tales Series 2 figure, but smaller. And it belongs to the same line as the not so Kaiyodoesque pink Brachiosaurus.

Crackington

The purple one is Maiasaura, not sure of the other 2.

Roselaar

Maiasaura helps, thanks. ;) Now for the rest of them...

Ikessauro

Carcharodontosaurus and Saichania (the ones from Sega)

Roselaar

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 27, 2014, 03:33:57 PM
Carcharodontosaurus and Saichania (the ones from Sega)

Thanks! I take it these three came together in one of those 3-packs?

Wellnhoferia

Does anybody know what brand or company made this placerias?

Libraraptor

Wellnhoferia, this is a Placerias from this set

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ZVG3IW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=theplesdire-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005ZVG3IW

There´s some other information on the net, just google Placerias figure or Placerias toy.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on April 26, 2014, 05:44:13 PM
Need to have these identified! I know the three on the right are Sega Dinosaur King figures, but I also need to know what species they represent. The green Iguanodon looks like a mirrored copy of the Kaiyodo Dino Tales Series 2 figure, but smaller. And it belongs to the same line as the not so Kaiyodoesque pink Brachiosaurus.

The only ones I don't know for sure are the purple brachiosaur and the green iguanodont--they look like they are part of the same set though.

The Carcharodontosaurus, Maiasaura and Saichania are from the Series 1 Dinosaur King set from Playmates. They were available in 2-, 4- and 10- packs, I believe (the Maiasaura often came with the Daspletosaurus).

The brown Velociraptor is a K&M International figure from the Exotic Dinosaurs set (not Wild Republic--the name change didn't happen until after the dino set was made). It was a set of 5 dinosaurs; well-made for the time, which was normal for K&M figures in the late 90s, when these were made.

The little guys are from minis sets also made by K&M International. They were sold in blister packs of 8 figures with a plastic suitcase. There were 3 different sets for a total of 24 prehistoric animals (I have some marine reptiles and mammals as well). There were also sea lif and wild animal ones. It's probably obvious by tenses, but these have not been made in a long time; over 10 years now.

As for identifying the species--good luck. They are pretty non-specific if they aren't immediately obvious (Dimetrodon, Kentrosaurus, Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Corythosaurus, Brachiosaurus). The ankylosaur is pretty tough to ID past that (there are more than one in the set). The theropods are even harder--there's really nothing in particular to distinguish them as they pretty generic. The blue has a longer snout, so it's probably meant to be a raptor.

Roselaar

Thanks for the ID, Sbell! :)

If there's any pictures out there of the sets you mentioned these figures belong to, those would be very much appreciated.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on April 28, 2014, 08:45:40 PM
Thanks for the ID, Sbell! :)

If there's any pictures out there of the sets you mentioned these figures belong to, those would be very much appreciated.

I'll see what I can come up with--I have individual photos of them all, but I don't think anyone needs to see 24 photos of tiny K&M's. I'll try to hunt them down for a quick group shot.

copper

i found this picture of a protoceratops model on a site while i was searching for images. any clues about this one?

deanm

Copper, I have no idea about the manufacturers identity but it almost seems like a Favorite soft model.

copper

Quote from: deanm on April 29, 2014, 12:12:43 PM
Copper, I have no idea about the manufacturers identity but it almost seems like a Favorite soft model.

i too thought about the favorite models, interesting! i wish i could somehow get that protoceratops...

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: copper on April 29, 2014, 03:24:28 PM

i too thought about the favorite models, interesting! i wish i could somehow get that protoceratops...

http://www.dinosaur.pref.fukui.jp/en/dic/Protoceratops.html
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

That Protoceratops looks to be a museum model. From the style it looks to have been made by either Kazunari Araki or Hirokazu Tokugawa.

Blade-of-the-Moon

copper

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 29, 2014, 03:53:36 PM

that's the site where i found it.    so seems like this model is unobtainable...?    : (

stoneage

Quote from: copper on April 29, 2014, 09:28:34 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on April 29, 2014, 03:53:36 PM

that's the site where i found it.    so seems like this model is unobtainable...?    : (

Unless someone makes one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: