News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on April 15, 2015, 09:32:39 PM
well I know something about this guy is because before collecta also called procon made the first six dinosaurs in the line back in 2006 the people who work at collecta originaly procon are used to be Jurassic park fans which makes it why they made the dinosaur look like the one in the movie rather than the one in real life or in life except for the first five of them cause they look accurate and alright
Or maybe because Jurassic Park sells well and is easy to reference.

kreativtek

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 15, 2015, 09:34:51 PM
Quote from: kreativtek on April 14, 2015, 11:05:32 AM
Can you identify the figurines in this photo? They remind me of Jurassic Park Junior toys, but they look different. I've searched high and low and couldn't find a trace of what these dinosaurs are and what company made them.

If I'm recalling correctly they were licensed under Animal Planet branding and sold at TRU, but sadly that's all I can tell you.

You're right! Thank you very much, you've helped me a lot.  ^-^

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 15, 2015, 09:34:51 PM
If I'm recalling correctly they were licensed under Animal Planet branding and sold at TRU, but sadly that's all I can tell you.
[/quote]

I can confirm that- but there were a few more dinosaurs in the full set.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

MaastrichtianGuy

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 15, 2015, 10:03:21 PM
Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on April 15, 2015, 09:32:39 PM
well I know something about this guy is because before collecta also called procon made the first six dinosaurs in the line back in 2006 the people who work at collecta originaly procon are used to be Jurassic park fans which makes it why they made the dinosaur look like the one in the movie rather than the one in real life or in life except for the first five of them cause they look accurate and alright
Or maybe because Jurassic Park sells well and is easy to reference.
and you can also know that movie licensed the models from the other companys and as you know of the movie is the one who sells great and licenses great which makes the movie gives the models made by other companies the restorations that resemble exactly the ones in the movie

CityRaptor

Pretty sure those molds used by other companies are not licensed.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MaastrichtianGuy

can anyone tell me is this spinosaurus based on its classic restoration its modern restoration its 2014's restoration or an metricanthosaurus or an a altispinax

MaastrichtianGuy

and was the original 2006 collecta velociraptor was a deinonychus a utahraptor or just a Jurassic park raptor

CityRaptor

Just a JP Raptor.
The Spino looks either like a rather short-snouted "modern" look introduced to the public in JPIII, or like a rather long snouted classic Carnosaur look...its probably the latter. 
Oh no

MaastrichtianGuy

Cityraptor the modern spino is long snouted not short snouted the classic carnosaur looking spinosaurus has a short snout not a long snout

CityRaptor

Hence why I posted:
"rather short-snouted modern look"  or  "rather long snouted classic Carnosaur"
Oh no

Arul

Geene models announce their planning on fb. Gonna make only 5pcs of trex head hand puppet, the model is so sick!!!

MaastrichtianGuy

Can anyone tell me is this foam velociraptor toy made by toy major is based on a deinonychus a utahraptor it's classic restoration or it's jurassic park restoration or something else

Arul

Need help, what is the model name ? Who made this ? Thank you  :) i found this on fb i forgot the company and the name of model when i want to check it back i dont remember where the pict came from lol. I think its between safari, favorite, or colorata but i dont know..

Megalosaurus

Quote from: ARUL on April 17, 2015, 04:38:47 PM
Need help, what is the model name ? Who made this ? Thank you  :) i found this on fb i forgot the company and the name of model when i want to check it back i dont remember where the pict came from lol. I think its between safari, favorite, or colorata but i dont know..

That is the Kaiyodo Studyroom Microraptor, sure Brett can get you one.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Arul

Ohh okay thank you Megalosaurus  :)

MaastrichtianGuy

is this an Apatosaurus or something else?

DinoLord

I think generic sauropod is as close as you can get with that one.

MaastrichtianGuy

is this a brachiosaurus or something else?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on April 19, 2015, 04:10:08 PM

is this a brachiosaurus or something else?

These are silly requests and I'm calling it out as trolling. Please stop, thanks!  C:-)

MaastrichtianGuy

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: