News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

Do the monochrome dinosaurs have any markings on them? I know Amblin produced a few assorted small figurines for the release of TLW.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 28, 2015, 09:47:12 PM
Kindertoyz figures tend to appear in the German discount store Aldi from time to time. They seem to be associated with Bullyland. Last time I saw them, they had a set with the two Sabertoothed Cats...I myself have two sets by them: Tyrannosaurus and Stegosaurus. I also know that a Triceratops set exists as well as a Dimetrodon one, which is where yours comes from.
I was in Aldi the other day and they had this Tyrannosaurus for sale:

CityRaptor

Well, German Aldi stores. Not sure about British. Or maybe it was Lidl. Not sure about it. They don't have them always.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 28, 2015, 09:47:12 PM
Kindertoyz figures tend to appear in the German discount store Aldi from time to time. They seem to be associated with Bullyland. Last time I saw them, they had a set with the two Sabertoothed Cats...I myself have two sets by them: Tyrannosaurus and Stegosaurus. I also know that a Triceratops set exists as well as a Dimetrodon one, which is where yours comes from.

That explains a thing or two. So they're not official Bullylands then, just modeled on?

No markings on the monochromes, unfortunately, that would have been too convenient I suppose.

docronnie

Found this in my bag of dinos, but no markings whatsoever.  Any leads would be highly appreciated. TIA!  :)

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Roselaar

Seems very JP inspired, docronnie, but I've sadly never seen it before.

And what's this? Species and company?

cooey2ph

Hello from Manila,

I'm quite new to the hobby and am building a collection. I purchased these 3 but there were no identifying manufacturer marks. I would appreciate it if you can help me identify these:

Spinosaurus, Carnotaurus, Stegasaurus

They came with tags marked "SPENCE" Thanks

postsaurischian

Roselaar

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 12, 2015, 02:37:36 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 10, 2015, 03:03:46 PM

Hasn't this been answered in the Recent Acquisitions thread?

It has by now, though I would still like more info on the line. If you can provide some, then by all means! :)

Megalosaurus

Hello.
I just bought this used Tyrannosaurus life cicle.

It only says "China".
Does anyone know if there are other dinosaur life cicles like this one? Does anyone know the company name?
I really like to get other prehistoric life cycle sets.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Never heard of it, but it's a pretty cool concept! Too bad the figures don't look particularly good. I can imagine a company like Collecta making a great set out of the same premise.

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on May 14, 2015, 08:44:38 PM
Never heard of it, but it's a pretty cool concept! Too bad the figures don't look particularly good. I can imagine a company like Collecta making a great set out of the same premise.

It's a AAA-type set, I found it by Edufun in Canada. We have--or had--it.

MaastrichtianGuy

I know u guys think that the megaraptor is a giganotosaurus like dinosaur with hands and claws like a spinosaurus or a baryonyx but the megaraptor made by geoworld doesn't look like the real dinosaur at all so please tell me this guy resembles a jp and a warpath raptor

CityRaptor

It's a generic Raptor, probably ripped off from some fanart.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MaastrichtianGuy

Wow since geoworld is somewhat ripping out some fanart here the company should be sued for this

stargatedalek

Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2015, 08:48:48 PM

Nice to finally have an ID on it! Hope you enjoy it Megalosaurus, and sorry again it took so long to ship.

docronnie

Yup, it looks like JP inspired indeed, Roselaar.  Thanks!

I took some pictures on my cell phone of the Dino Horizons that we have here at Toys R Us, but I was in a hurry to get home from the convention.  Too busy for now.  Maybe after all the med conventions and Magic lectures.  Will try to post.

Just found the site, Roselaar: http://www.dinohorizons.com/#DINO_MINIATURES - these are just one of the products that we have here. We also have the skeletons.

docronnie

Megalosaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 14, 2015, 10:25:01 PM
Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2015, 08:48:48 PM

Nice to finally have an ID on it! Hope you enjoy it Megalosaurus, and sorry again it took so long to ship.
I enjoy it. Thank you.

Also thank you SBell. But I belive it its AAA-type, but not AAA. Because the AAA TRex life cycle is much different:

That figures where not originally mean to be a set I think, because I have bought all them individually.
On the opposite side the one that stargatedalek sold me is clearly conceived like a set.

Any way I'd love CollectA or other company do make figures in this concept.

Thank you all.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

Quote from: docronnie on May 15, 2015, 04:39:51 AM
Quote from: postsaurischian on May 12, 2015, 02:37:36 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on May 10, 2015, 03:03:46 PM

Could this be the info you're looking for? http://www.dinohorizons.com/#CRETACEOUS_DINOSAUR_WORLD

That helps for the company, but not for this set or any related ones. That site works very slowly on my computer and I can't find these hatchling sets. :-/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: