News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Bought a large eBay lot recently because it contained some WS and Schleich figures I wanted. Got a few things I didn't recognize; if there's anything here worth hanging on to I'd be grateful for the heads up. Three of them (the leftmost T-rex, the tiger striped Velociraptor, and the largest Triceratops, are stamped "Toy Major Trading Company," but most of the rest bear no company information.

The thing on the far right says it's a Velociraptor, although the head looks distinctly ornithopodan. Coupled with a prominent seam encircling its midsection, the head mismatch makes it look very much like Frankenstein's dinosaur. Anyway, these are probably all worthless (they're certainly ugly), but thought I'd run them past some folks who know a lot more than I do.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Toy Major is a bootleg company, but that's all I can say regarding any potential worth.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 24, 2015, 04:02:15 AM
Toy Major is a bootleg company, but that's all I can say regarding any potential worth.
That's more than I knew before! Thanks!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Roselaar

The majority of those appear to be a brand of Chinasaur (don't know the name) which can still be found in many toy stores (at least in my neck in the woods).

Halichoeres

MaastrichtianGuy

back in my day i got this wow wee rc baby pteranodon back at christmas 2004 that i used to have but i lost it and as you know it has sharp teeth like the real baby ones dont and please what does this guy resemble

Simon

That's easy to answer  ;)

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on June 02, 2015, 02:04:02 PM

back in my day i got this wow wee rc baby pteranodon back at christmas 2004 that i used to have but i lost it and as you know it has sharp teeth like the real baby ones dont and please what does this guy resemble

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have one of those and love it! It currently sits in my Jurassic Park section..obviously it was based on the JP3 Pteranodon young :

Pretty cool way to own a JP " animatronic" pterosaur.

MaastrichtianGuy

Well I know something about this guy made by wowwee they made and released guy after the third Jurassic park movie Jurassic park 3 came out

MaastrichtianGuy

i know u guys heard that lontic made the unique aeolosaurus and made the suchomimus and caudipteryx moveable figure and i wanna where is there site

Halichoeres

Anyone know these guys? They look super familiar but I can't put my finger on it. They're kind of ugly-cute, like a Boston terrier.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's a heck of a tail prop... lol   Kinda of look like Dinosaur Train figures..

MaastrichtianGuy

can anyone tell me whats this lontic iguanodont below left is based on

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 05, 2015, 05:14:35 PM
That's a heck of a tail prop... lol   Kinda of look like Dinosaur Train figures..
Ha, yeah, a very innovative tripod. I thought they looked Dinosaur Train-ish too, but I don't see them when I look through photos of Dino Train figures. I'm actually surprised there's no thread devoted to them on the "Toy Lines" board.

Ikessauro

Does anyone know the brand and ID of this toy? A friend of mine posted it on Facebook. Looks like Iguanodon, but my friend didn't know the manufacturer nor anything else about it.

Jetoar

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 05, 2015, 02:39:52 PM

Anyone know these guys? They look super familiar but I can't put my finger on it. They're kind of ugly-cute, like a Boston terrier.

They are from Kinder Surprise toys. I have some of them  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 10, 2015, 03:18:04 AM
Does anyone know the brand and ID of this toy? A friend of mine posted it on Facebook. Looks like Iguanodon, but my friend didn't know the manufacturer nor anything else about it.

It looks similar to the AAA 'Edmonotosaurus' (which is clearly an Iguanodon). It could be a repaint, re-issue, or knock off.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Jetoar on June 10, 2015, 10:35:33 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 05, 2015, 02:39:52 PM

They are from Kinder Surprise toys. I have some of them  ^-^.

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks very much!

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 10, 2015, 03:18:04 AM

It kinda looks like a Walking With Dinosaurs Iguanodon knock off to me.

suchomimus

Ok so while I was picking up a couple of kaiyodos from Akihabara, Tokyo, I chanced upon these guys. (Pardon the many photos)

Other than the Tsintao and para's from kaiyodo, the para, lambe, maiasaura and quetzal are from the same set. They seem to be made from a similar plastic to Kaiyodo's.

"B & Aki" on the base. Maiasaura is numbered 9 as shown. The largest number on the base I found is 19.

The set also includes a pachycephalosaurus (no pic included).

Any idea where these guys are from?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: