You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Well, I recently had a bit of a collection purge, and instead of saving the money for something useful, I used it to buy more dinosaurs...

Firstly, my PNSO Shantungosaurus finally arrived after almost two months. I'm very impressed with its size, not so much the paint though. Also got some more vintage Battats from a Facebook group; that collection is growing nicely.

Next up, some figures I got from a seller in the UK. I've been trying to complete the Invicta and Toyway WWD collections (sans their certain incredibly hard to find/expensive figures), so I'm very happy to have these three in the collection.

From Minizoo: I could have been one of the first to share these here, but I was lazy and it looks like quite a few people beat me to the punch. Still their very good figures, and the Lisowicia is a new all time favorite for me.

And finally, I saw avatar_Kayakasaurus @Kayakasaurus had an Etsy shop and decided to grab a few of his figures. I got the Irritator and, of course, a few Protoceratops. They're very cool, and go well with my Invictas.

PhilSauria

Nice collection!

I go green with envy when I see that another collector has managed to get hold of the Battat Triceratops!, a figure that I have admired for ages and pretty much have become resigned to the fact that I'll never own one. Well done.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Loon on July 29, 2020, 07:07:18 AM
Well, I recently had a bit of a collection purge, and instead of saving the money for something useful, I used it to buy more dinosaurs...

Glad I could help fund your habit.  ;)
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

I also find that when I sell something off, the funds generally go into more figures. All these posts with the new CollectAs are whetting my appetite for my own order, which should be here pretty soon.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Faelrin

Congrats on getting all of these beautiful figures, some old, and some new.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Libraraptor

avatar_Loon @Loon you have acquired yet another impressive bunch, congrats!

Concavenator

avatar_Loon @Loon Congrats, the Lisowicia is a gem! It's my favorite model from CollectA this year.
Also, I have a question. Did it come with the tag and the human for scale?

Loon

Thanks everyone for the comments. Also, avatar_Concavenator @Narutoceratops , I don't honestly remember if it came with the little man, but I'm sure it did.

Of course, a post from me means more stuff came in.

I got an Invicta Diplodocus, as well as this mysterious Safari LTD. Oviraptor egg.

I've seen it listed as "Baby Louie", but I doubt Safari would release two different figures of that specimen. This is the info on the back, hopefully someone can help me ID this.

Well, the Invicta collection has really grown. I'm still waiting for the Dimetrodon and Muttaburrasaurus to get here from the UK, and then I will have all of the molds, sans the "Final Boss"...

SidB

I saw the Lambeosaurus for sale recently on eBay. I believe it was for $499.00 US or something similar. I thought I paid a lot when I got mine for $75 several years ago. You might want to pass on this one for now.

Pachyrhinosaurus

It's great to see some appreciation for classic dinosaur toys! Unfortunately it seems as though the lambeosaurus is being listed for inflated prices right now. Typically I see them go for no more than $200.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Loon

Quote from: SidB on August 06, 2020, 12:07:06 AM
I saw the Lambeosaurus for sale recently on eBay. I believe it was for $499.00 US or something similar. I thought I paid a lot when I got mine for $75 several years ago. You might want to pass on this one for now.

Yeah, I saw that one. Actually, after shipping it would be over $700. There's another one that, while cheaper, is still up for auction at around $300. That's definitely a figure I'll wait for a better deal on.

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on August 06, 2020, 12:31:25 AM
It's great to see some appreciation for classic dinosaur toys! Unfortunately it seems as though the lambeosaurus is being listed for inflated prices right now. Typically I see them go for no more than $200.
Yeah, I love these. And, it's very strange, because I usually don't like vintage dinosaur toys, but I'm in love with these Invictas. They just have a quality that I really love.

SidB

You get it- they may be old, they may be retro, heck, they are mostly unpainted. But ... they have grace, style and class. Beautiful pieces!

ceratopsian

avatar_Loon @Loon. I went through the same process as you when I acquired that Baby Louie. It is from the Safari Dino Discoveries line. The sculptor with the difficult to decipher name is Dennis Wilson. You will find my queries and what I found out, including a picture from the catalogue, in my collections thread, from reply 157. That was 2018, around March I think.

Loon

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 06, 2020, 09:23:07 AM
avatar_Loon @Loon. I went through the same process as you when I acquired that Baby Louie. It is from the Safari Dino Discoveries line. The sculptor with the difficult to decipher name is Dennis Wilson. You will find my queries and what I found out, including a picture from the catalogue, in my collections thread, from reply 157. That was 2018, around March I think.

Thanks, I checked out the thread. First, I love that display of eggs and nests, I think I may have accidentally ripped you off, as I have a a little eggs and babies display on my shelves. Also, it's pretty strange that Safari released something that wasn't originally designed to be a toy.

Shonisaurus

You have a nice collection of classic vintage animals such as Invicta and Battat wonderful brands and what I like most about your Invicta collection is that you have all the new and clean figures and you have added to your collection beautiful Kaiyodo figures that are Prehistoric cult animals and sincerely obliged for those people who love eastern and Japanese dinosaurs and who obviously can afford to buy such figures.

Loon

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus.

A few more figures have arrived since the last post.

Another figure from Kayakasaurus' Etsy store, the Tethyshrados. As usual, I'm not even gonna attempt to paint this, as I have no talent. So, it'll stay plain, but that's fine, it'll go well with my Invictas.

Speaking of, I got the Invicta Dimetrodon. I've heard that this guy is supposed to be one of the rarer ones since it was released in 1993. But, it cost me nowhere near as much as that other figure... Anyway, this guy is tiny! I had no idea what was in the package it came in. It was so thin, I thought it had some kind of card or something in it.

And finally, this goddess of a figure: the original Battat Tyrannosaurus! First of all, mine stands perfectly fine, even though I heard this one is usually pretty bad about that. But, I'm happy I got this version. Not only is the sculpt the best, but I hate those snowshoes on the second release. Still, I'm very happy to have another one of these original Battats. They really are so much better than the reissues.

ceratopsian

Congratulations on your standing Tyrannosaurus!  Long may it remain so. I agree that the original Battats are better. For me the difference lies in the shine factor. The new ones were so glossy.

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Loon for your new acquisitions, the first version Battat tyrannosaurus is by far as you affirm, better than its second version since it does not have snow feet and if fortunately it remains standing then welcome, by the way how much did the figure? They are usually quite expensive on the eBay market.

PhilSauria

Thanks for sharing and great pix, but I do experience a pang of envy every time I see that Triceratops in someone's collection!

Something about that figure just really appeals to me and it is so frustrating to realise that I'll never own one. Have I mantioned that before! Don't bother to answer, I'll stop going on about it.

Loon

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, he already was found on his side on my shelf today. But, he's standing again.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, I paid around $80 for it.

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria, I feel bad, I actually had another and sold it fairly recently, because it was slightly sticky. If I had known you wanted one, I would have sold it to you. Hopefully you find one some day.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: