News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Plesiosaur's Neck book

Started by DinoToyForum, February 14, 2020, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, so cool :D Congrats! Managing 2 international Forums, a Youtube Channel, being a Paleo Doctor, creating a Book... I salute you. I'll try to get a Copy, when it is time :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on September 15, 2020, 02:32:20 PM
Wow, so cool :D Congrats! Managing 2 international Forums, a Youtube Channel, being a Paleo Doctor, creating a Book... I salute you. I'll try to get a Copy, when it is time :)

Indeed, and in addition to all that there's my actual job as a curator – I'm working on two major new exhibitions in the museum at the moment. And my wife and I are having building work done on our house. There's not enough days in the week or hours in the day! It is hard work but I wouldn't do it all if I didn't love it.  :-*

DinoToyForum

The cover reveal for this book is set for next Thursday. I'll share it here, of course!

DinoToyForum

Front cover reveal! For more information and a background to the book see: https://plesiosauria.com/the-plesiosaurs-neck-coming-soon/

The front and back covers together:

Poppy the plesiosaur

ceratopsian

The artwork is really charming - you must be very happy with it!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 21, 2021, 11:55:30 AM
The artwork is really charming - you must be very happy with it!

Yes, it has turned out great!

Libraraptor

Congratulations!!!
What a pretty, neat little look!  ^-^ ^-^Count me in to one of your first customers - a signed copy, please! ;)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 21, 2021, 05:26:07 PM
Congratulations!!!
What a pretty, neat little look!  ^-^ ^-^Count me in to one of your first customers - a signed copy, please! ;)

Thanks, and of course!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Ooh, that looks wonderful, must be a nice feeling to finally see it. Will probably be even better feeling when the first child reads it.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

Certainly going on my wishlist. Looks excellent and adorable.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DinoToyForum

Thanks! Even though it is ostensibly for children I think it's a book adults like us will also enjoy!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 15, 2020, 09:24:42 PM

Indeed, and in addition to all that there's my actual job as a curator – I'm working on two major new exhibitions in the museum at the moment. And my wife and I are having building work done on our house. There's not enough days in the week or hours in the day! It is hard work but I wouldn't do it all if I didn't love it.  :-*

Sorry for answering that late. Oh yes, you are a Curator aswell :D The Salute just got a bit bigger.

Congatulations on the Book again. The Artwork looks really good! It is something special, to see a Book that is aimed at Children, looks like a Book for Children, but doesn't look like a generic "i once heard something about Dinosaur" Kidsbook. One can see the Work that went into this.

It is a Book for Children, but if it is normally acquirable i have to get a Copy after the release :) Thanls for sharing.

Smilodon P.

He looks very entertaining and educational. So, Congratulations on your new book, Dr. Admin

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 22, 2021, 09:08:11 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 15, 2020, 09:24:42 PM

Sorry for answering that late. Oh yes, you are a Curator aswell :D The Salute just got a bit bigger.

Congatulations on the Book again. The Artwork looks really good! It is something special, to see a Book that is aimed at Children, looks like a Book for Children, but doesn't look like a generic "i once heard something about Dinosaur" Kidsbook. One can see the Work that went into this.

It is a Book for Children, but if it is normally acquirable i have to get a Copy after the release :) Thanls for sharing.

Thanks! Yes, lots of work to get everything right! It will be widely available, including on Amazon (co.uk at least) I believe. I'll share here various options when it becomes available.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Smilodon P. on January 22, 2021, 11:37:02 PM
He looks very entertaining and educational. So, Congratulations on your new book, Dr. Admin

Thanks!

Crackington

Well done Dr Admin, look forward to getting a copy. Looks like you'll have a few sales from the Forum!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Crackington on January 23, 2021, 05:11:39 PM
Well done Dr Admin, look forward to getting a copy. Looks like you'll have a few sales from the Forum!

Thanks, and you never know, if the book does particularly well it might lead to sequels!

HD-man

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 23, 2021, 06:00:30 PM

Thanks, and you never know, if the book does particularly well it might lead to sequels!

What kind of sequels?
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

DinoToyForum

Quote from: HD-man on January 24, 2021, 07:06:16 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 23, 2021, 06:00:30 PM

What kind of sequels?

There's plenty of potential to focus on other creatures with perplexing features.

Subduction

Definitely sign me up for a signed copy! Even if the book's aimed for children, I can appreciate a book based on scientific fact and charming illustrations.

Congratulations! I'm looking forward to reading this book or any other book you publish in the future. :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: