News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Plesiosaur's Neck book

Started by DinoToyForum, February 14, 2020, 08:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Very exciting news, congratulations! I hope it's a huge hit.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 11, 2021, 10:38:29 PM
Very exciting news, congratulations! I hope it's a huge hit.

Thanks, I hope so, too! In the last hour or so the book jumped up the ranks again so people somewhere are still pre-ordering!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 30, 2021, 04:55:15 PM
The Plesiosaur's Neck has jumped to #1 in the Amazon UK chart for "Hot New Releases in Children's Books on Dinosaurs"!: https://amzn.to/36qUrUx
Thank you so much to everyone who has pre-ordered! Poppy Plesiosaur is pleased!

Wow! Congratulations, Dr. Admin!

Stegotyranno420

Congrats indeed, this is most certainly a huge accomplishment and achievement.

Libraraptor

DinoToyForum

Thanks. That was a few weeks ago, it's down to #24 in the charts now, but even that's still not bad!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I just pre-ordered it yesterday, I hope that helps a little
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 03, 2021, 09:51:02 PM
I just pre-ordered it yesterday, I hope that helps a little

Thank you! Yes, every pre-order helps, even a few can help push the book up the charts to help it get more attention. :)

DinoToyForum

There are only two weeks to go until The Plesiosaur's Neck is released. ^-^

I've been keeping an eye on Amazon US and CA for all you North Americans, but it hasn't appeared yet. It may turn up there eventually, but the publisher says that Amazon is a bit of a mystery, so they recommend I direct you to Book Depository instead, which sells in different currencies and has free delivery worldwide: https://www.bookdepository.com/Plesiosaurs-Neck-Jonathan-Emmett/9781912979424

I'm also maintaining a list of all purchase options on this blog post, organised by country, so check that out for local options: https://plesiosauria.com/the-plesiosaurs-neck-book-pre-order/

Libraraptor

Okay, but what is if I´d  like to buy a signed copy?!

Halichoeres

I think there will be so many signature requests that you'll need to invest in an autopen.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I would like one - but can't think of any way to do it that wouldn't involve Adam in a lot of work (e.g. getting them posted out after he's done the signing.

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 21, 2021, 01:15:49 PM
I think there will be so many signature requests that you'll need to invest in an autopen.

Bokisaurus

Hopefully Amazon will have it, I would love to have one.
Congratulations again!

DinoToyForum

My advance copies have arrived!

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Yes, I need to think about how best to get signed copies to those who want them without creating a lot of work for myself! One way is for me to order copies and sign/sell/mail them directly. Another is for readers to mail their copy to me, for me to sign and mail back. In both cases there would be shipping costs and trips to the post office!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 21, 2021, 05:09:34 PM
Hopefully Amazon will have it, I would love to have one.
Congratulations again!

Thanks! And do consider Book Depository as an alternative to Amazon. :) https://www.bookdepository.com/Plesiosaurs-Neck-Jonathan-Emmett/9781912979424

stoneage

:)  You could hire someone to sign them for you!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stoneage on April 21, 2021, 07:48:40 PM
:)  You could hire someone to sign them for you!

:)) Three birds one stone: they could sign for my coauthor and the illustrator too.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wow, great news! They look great.

Thank you very much for the direct link to the right page on your Site with all the Shopsites. Very helpful. I will grab a copy, when released :)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Woohoo! That's exciting! I can't wait to read it myself!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on April 22, 2021, 03:53:59 AM
Woohoo! That's exciting! I can't wait to read it myself!

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) Have the publishers been in touch with you about your review copy for Dino Dad Reviews? If not I will remind them. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: