News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kapitaenosavrvs' Dioramas

Started by Kapitaenosavrvs, February 20, 2020, 08:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 06, 2020, 06:46:39 AM
avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Since you want constructive criticism I would just like to tell you one thing perhaps it should have more teeth, at least a few smaller ones in the lower part of the jaw. I don't understand paleontology and it's just a personal opinion. In the rest it seems to me that he is a perfect figure. Thank you for sharing your creation.

Thank you, Shoni. Yes, the Teeth are a bit too big and there should be more in the back. I'll try, but these teeth are really really small and hard to glue.

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 09, 2020, 12:40:59 AM
You've done a great job! I don't think the hindlimbs are too long. I know pterosaurs varied in their wing aspect ratios, but if anything, for an ornithocheirid these wings strike me as a little bit too short.

Thanks! Yes, i feel the same. I just have it basecoated right now, because i thought of making the Wings a bit bigger. When i startet with the papercuts, the Body and Head weren't supposed to get this big. But since it is so small and everything, i guess i went a bit too far with the sizes. I will try to change that.

Libraraptor

I love that spindrift effect!

Totoro

These are wonderful, Kapitaenosavrvs, you're so talented!
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you, guys. I really appreciate your Support.

After avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres wrote about the Wingspan, i changed that and made them longer. Sadly, i still haven't got it painted. RIght now i am 5 Weeks in a Rehab Clinic, so there will be no painting Dinosaurs at all (I brought the PNSO Mini Baryonyx and Cryo for decoration of my room, hehe.).

Here's the last Update. The wooden Base is a Test. Like this whole thing. The Next time i would do things different, when using this Watertechnique.

Sorry for the Picture Quality. i was in a rush and my Phone always overexposes the Pictures and i forget to readjust it. Also they are a bit blurry. But you can see the Direction it goes. I wanted to bring the small flappy man with me here, but i was afraid it gets damaged.

Halichoeres

It looks phenomenal! I look forward to seeing it painted. In the meantime, I'm wishing you good health.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

I wish your speedy improvement in the rehab clinic and thank you for sharing the photo of your diorama it looks great

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you for your kind words. I am back home now.

Right now, i am painting the Ornithoceirus. finally :D

But first i show you my small WIP Tylosaurus Base. I repainted the Safari Toob Tylosaurus and made a small Base. I wanted to resculpt the Tail and make its fins smaller, but i was too lazy. I will ad prey and Detail the next days. I kind of like making smaller Bases/Dioramas.

Totoro

Wow, that looks wonderful avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs, great work!  I'm with you on preferring to make dioramas for smaller figures.  ;)

Shonisaurus

The base of the mosasaurus has turned out fabulous, it has been great, that effect of the rocks has been great, by the way. How did you make the rocks at the base of the mosasaurus? My best wishes that your rehabilitation is as soon as possible.

PrimevalRaptor

Really nice repaint and I like the base a lot! Certainly captures that "seafloor" feeling!

SidB

Wow, again ... you don't disappoint.

CityRaptor

Oh, great work. I also agree that dioramas work better for smaller figures.

BTW: Is that the Sega Tyrannosaurus you recently aquired in the background?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you guys :) Your words are always kind.

avatar_Totoro @Totoro I saw your Dioramas a few Weeks or Month ago in the old Forum. I loved them. Small Sauropods just work perfectly.

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor Oh yes, they are! I'll just opload them in the recent Aqu. Thread. Thanks for reminding me. Again. :D

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thank you, Sir. Oh, this is the second Time, i used Stones i poured in a siliconeform with Plaster. Before that i tried to sculpt them by Hand. As for coloration, i just wash them with very thinned down acrylic Paint. Mostly ocre, burnt Umber or maybe a bit of green aswell. After that, i wash them black and then drybrush the edges in a white, to let the edges pop out. That kind of all there is to this :)

The form is from woodland scenics.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I wam really slow at the Moment. Painted the Ornithoceirus. Ended up with something not that fibrant and calmer. I do not like the Paintjob on The Suchomimus, so i'll change that to a less "In your Face" Paintscheeme. But right now i am working on something new.

SidB

I love the contrast inherent between the apparent calmness of the Ornithocheirus and the tension implied by the stance of the big spinosaurid (can I, will I go for it?).

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: SidB on September 12, 2020, 03:43:19 PM
I love the contrast inherent between the apparent calmness of the Ornithocheirus and the tension implied by the stance of the big spinosaurid (can I, will I go for it?).

Thank you. Thats what i thought about when doing it :D Also, maybe a young pterosaur could be a bit naive :)
After seeing the Pics here, i decided to paint the rod for Pteroboy black. Works better.

Totoro

Those are both really wonderful, thanks for sharing them, avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs.  I need to get back to my workshop.   ;D

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Nice ornithocheirus. It has been great. You have an amazing ability when it comes to making dioramas. I congratulate you.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus :) And avatar_Totoro @Totoro Oh yes, please do! :D

So i was motivated to do something new and startet with a Base for the Safari Tylosarus. I really don't know why, but i love the Sculptwork. The head is just magnificent work to me. The Paintjob not so much, but it will get a darker Repaint. EDIT: Oh and the Base will get a few Changes in the Colouration and a few Details like you would find on the Seafloor of course.

Moreover i finally tried the Super Sculpey and wanted to sculpt an Elasmosaurus (Not a fully grown. This way, Sizes arent THAT important).
I wanted to wait until it is finished, but i felt like showing it to you guys. Still needs a few things (Muscles and maybe rework the front Flippers) and Details (teeth), but for a first try without sculpting tools i am happy with the first results so far.

If there are big flaws in Terms of accuracy, please let me know! The Frontflippers are quite big, but it kind of fits the whole Animal in my case (In real life, here next to me :D) Nah, after looking at the Head again, i think it is too wide.

Sculpting around is great fun, i had to find out :)
A bit Pic heavy, sorry.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: