News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 30, 2012, 04:56:47 PM
Quote from: crankydinosaur on December 30, 2012, 11:01:48 AM
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

uh did anyone see the Mojo fun QUAGGA

we are getting a quagga!!!!!!

a quagga

A QUAGGA!

I wouldlike to see one day a thylacine figure  ^-^.

Q U A G G A

!!!

Yep :D Pic here: http://www.animaltoyforum.com/index.php/topic,90.0.html
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

deanm

A lot of very favourable reviews on the Favourites. Aside from the photos that Boki took of a few of the new Favorite dinos has there been any other close-up/more detailed photos of them of the forum? In particular the Pteranodon?

Trexroarr

I love that Quagga! Not only that, but all of the Mojo releases! I have become such a huge Mojo fan!

Quick question. Does the Quagga count as part of the Prehistoric Mammal line or the Modern Animal line?

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

crankydinosaur

Quote from: Trexroarr on December 30, 2012, 09:40:35 PM
I love that Quagga! Not only that, but all of the Mojo releases! I have become such a huge Mojo fan!

Quick question. Does the Quagga count as part of the Prehistoric Mammal line or the Modern Animal line?

I guess technically it's modern but since it makes a nice stand in for a prehistoric horse (same goes for the Papo Zorse) I mentioned it here.

Balaur

When will the Concavenator come out in January?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on January 04, 2013, 11:37:16 PM
When will the Concavenator come out in January?

end of the month ?

Hermes888

It looks like the posted dates are rather inaccurate, as the Safari LTD website puts the release dates much further in the future.
The Concavenator is coming out on March 30th.
The Cambrian Life TOOB is coming out on April 29th.
The Elasmosaurus, Dimorphodon, Diabloceratops, Gryposaurus, and Gastornis all come out June 29th.
The website shows how many days they are from release, so I took a look at the calendar to see what day they come out. Here's the link:
http://reigningreplicas.com/group/listnew

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Hermes888 on January 05, 2013, 09:02:20 PM
It looks like the posted dates are rather inaccurate, as the Safari LTD website puts the release dates much further in the future.
The Concavenator is coming out on March 30th.
The Cambrian Life TOOB is coming out on April 29th.
The Elasmosaurus, Dimorphodon, Diabloceratops, Gryposaurus, and Gastornis all come out June 29th.
The website shows how many days they are from release, so I took a look at the calendar to see what day they come out. Here's the link:
http://reigningreplicas.com/group/listnew

That's odd..as Safari confirmed the Concavenator would come out in January recently.

Hermes888

That is strange, two conflicting pieces of information from the same company. How long ago did they say it would be out in January? Maybe they changed the release date between then and now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It was the last week or so..they mentioned it in a FB post and confirmed it would be out in January on there..maybe that changed in the last couple days though.. :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Everything Dinosaur posted a June/July release date for the Dimetrodon..they also stated it would be the last one for 2013.  So I'm guessing the Carno will be out sooner ?

Mauro "Raptor86"

From Everything Dinosaur:

QuoteThe new Papo models for 2013 - Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon will both feature articulated lower jaws.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on January 10, 2013, 10:34:55 PM
From Everything Dinosaur:

QuoteThe new Papo models for 2013 - Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon will both feature articulated lower jaws.

Awesome!  I was hoping that would be the case with the Dimetro. ^-^

suspsy

It would appear that hinged jaws are now the norm for Papo's prehistoric carnivores. Yet another strike against its lame Tylosaurus. :p

Say, maybe in 2014 we'll get a Pliosaurus! Imagine the jaws on that sucker! :D

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

juju1305

Quote from: suspsy on January 11, 2013, 03:15:17 AM
It would appear that hinged jaws are now the norm for Papo's prehistoric carnivores. Yet another strike against its lame Tylosaurus. :p

Say, maybe in 2014 we'll get a Pliosaurus! Imagine the jaws on that sucker! :D

That would be fabulous, hoping that they get it right from an anatomical perspective. Their marine reptiles are the worst on the market among popular brands, despite a flawless execution, they're just wrong.
I'm still hoping Papo has 1 or 2 more figures in stock for 2013. The 3 upcoming ones are great, but some more would have been awesome.

Now that they have a brachio, I hope a diplo or apato will come soon.

CM

The new 2013  catalogue has been posted at www.papo-france.com.  You can see the closed and open-jawed pics of both the Dimetrodon and the Carno there.  No new surprises, just the three figures we've seen for 2013.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The pics of them both look much better though..quite a bit clearer.

That new Gavial looks pretty sweet..might have to have him as well... :)

suspsy

"Carnosaurus."

Bad Papo!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tanystropheus

That Papo Gharial looks amazing----Does anyone know if prehistoric Gharials were morphologically similar to their extant counterparts??

My Papo Nile Crocodile seems to be a good substitute for Deinosuchus (and I suppose one can substitute the Papo Great White Shark for the Megalodon and the Papo Komodo Dragon for the Megalania)

Roselaar

Nothing on a worldwide release of the Papo brown walking T-Rex then? Sucks... :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: