News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHogaRok

I can't wait for the new Papo dinosaurs.

DinoToyForum

I extracted pics from the Papo catalogue for the ATF. Here is the Gharial  8):

Gwangi

That gharial is really nice. I think I'll have to get one.

DinoToyForum

Urzeitshop has shared some photos of the new Schleich dinosaurs on their facebook page...https://www.facebook.com/urzeitshop/photos_stream

ZoPteryx

Well those Schleichs don't look quite as bad as I originally thought, but I still won't be getting them.  I still wonder why they made figures that Papo also makes?  You'd think they'd try to avoid that at all costs. :-\

Quote from: Gwangi on January 12, 2013, 09:17:42 PM
That gharial is really nice. I think I'll have to get one.
Me too. ^-^

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 12, 2013, 02:55:15 AM
That Papo Gharial looks amazing----Does anyone know if prehistoric Gharials were morphologically similar to their extant counterparts??
The modern genus has been around since the Miocene, and its ancestors have been around since the late Cretaceous.  Very similar looking crocodilians of various families have existed since at least the late Jurassic. :)

Primeval12

Ok now I want the carnotaurus

Gwangi

Those Schleichs are so terrible. :o I don't think they could pay me to display them let alone get me to buy them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on January 12, 2013, 09:41:10 PM
Those Schleichs are so terrible. :o I don't think they could pay me to display them let alone get me to buy them.

My sentiments exactly..if anything the paint apps are worse on the final product making them look even less appealing to me...not that they were before mind you.

Jetoar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 12, 2013, 10:49:31 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 12, 2013, 09:41:10 PM

My sentiments exactly..if anything the paint apps are worse on the final product making them look even less appealing to me...not that they were before mind you.

I have the same opinion  :-\.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Himmapaan

I spoke well of the Carnotaurus' head before.

I now regretfully withdraw the compliment.  :(

Hermes888

That gharial looks amazing! That's three Papo figures I'll have to add to the cart later this year!
The Schliech figures are... weak. They've always been relatively weak, I've only ever had three of their figures in my collection (and one was a gift!). The Styracosaurus looks overly cartoony, but I thought the Carnotaurus looked fine. Then the Papo Carnotaurus was unveiled and I forgot all about Schliech's model. Seeing it as it would be in real life... it looks disproportionate and the color is not good. I guess I'll skip Schliech this year, again.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I imagine both will sell relatively well at many a Disney Park..assuming they carry Schleich there.

sauroid

the new Schleichs look like glorified chinasaurs.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on January 13, 2013, 01:20:55 AM
the new Schleichs look like glorified chinasaurs.

lol I just said as much on FB !  :))

Dan H

The new Schleich's look like baby dinos to me. Ditto for the Collecta Daspletosaurus. The Collecta Diabloceratops looks like a dog ready to fetch a stick. The other 2013 dinos look good to me. I'm especially impressed by all the 2013 prehistoric mammals.
I'd still like to see more horned dinosaurs and hadrosaurs - Chasmosaurus, Centrosaurus, Pentaceratops, Lambeosaurus, Corythosaurus, and a museum quality Edmontosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dan H on January 13, 2013, 02:21:01 PM
The new Schleich's look like baby dinos to me. Ditto for the Collecta Daspletosaurus. The Collecta Diabloceratops looks like a dog ready to fetch a stick. The other 2013 dinos look good to me. I'm especially impressed by all the 2013 prehistoric mammals.
I'd still like to see more horned dinosaurs and hadrosaurs - Chasmosaurus, Centrosaurus, Pentaceratops, Lambeosaurus, Corythosaurus, and a museum quality Edmontosaurus.

More hadrosaurs would be great..as would more ornithomimids and hypsilophodonts.

Takama

I made a suggestion to CollectA awhile back to create a small family of Struthiomimus that can be connected to there newly Based T-Rex with Prey

SBell

Quote from: Takama on January 14, 2013, 01:03:53 AM
I made a suggestion to CollectA awhile back to create a small family of Struthiomimus that can be connected to there newly Based T-Rex with Prey

But who did you make the suggestion to? With CollectA that can make a lot of difference.

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

That would be pretty cool..I loved their Deinocheirus figure...imagine a whole " flock " of them does as well.. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: