News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: juju1305 on March 26, 2013, 10:01:33 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 26, 2013, 05:34:16 AM
The CollectA Dippy, Deinotherium, and Diabloceratops are available at Urzeitshop now. I'm picking mine up XD

Miron from Urzeitshop confirmed my package was on the way! So want to be the FIRST one on this forum to have the new 3Ds (Diablo, Deino, Diplo) :)
It's not a race :P
I only ordered the Diablo and the Dippy, I don't care for mammals :)

juju1305

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 26, 2013, 09:35:22 PM
Quote from: juju1305 on March 26, 2013, 10:01:33 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 26, 2013, 05:34:16 AM
The CollectA Dippy, Deinotherium, and Diabloceratops are available at Urzeitshop now. I'm picking mine up XD

Miron from Urzeitshop confirmed my package was on the way! So want to be the FIRST one on this forum to have the new 3Ds (Diablo, Deino, Diplo) :)
It's not a race :P

Don't spoil my pleasure  ;D

Himmapaan

I was rather hoping to review the new CollectA Diplodocus for the blog. I was very tempted to order it immediately from Urzeitshop, but my bank balance sadly dictated otherwise. I suppose I shall wait til it arrives at Everything Dinosaur, assuming I can afford it by then.

juju1305

Urzeitshop now has the two new sabretooth cats from Bullyland. http://www.urzeitshop.de/NEUHEITEN/ They look really nice. I'm a little disappointed that Bully did not release any new dino this year, but these two mammals are definitely making it to my shelf.

DC

I just obtained the CollectA Diplodocus nice figure and can be posed 2 or 4 feet.  Very much in the Style of Dinheirosaurus from Dinosaur Revolution.  Scales witht he Toyway figure. 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DC on March 29, 2013, 04:51:11 PM
I just obtained the CollectA Diplodocus nice figure and can be posed 2 or 4 feet.  Very much in the Style of Dinheirosaurus from Dinosaur Revolution.  Scales witht he Toyway figure.
Looks like you beat Juju ;)

juju1305

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 29, 2013, 05:25:37 PM
Quote from: DC on March 29, 2013, 04:51:11 PM
Looks like you beat Juju ;)

*sigh*
stupid good friday. I wouldhave gotten the package today otherwise  ;D

Roselaar

This is new to me:

Good new piece of prehistoric flora! Fits right in with Safari's take on it. I never heard of this piece before, did I miss something?

juju1305

Quote from: Roselaar on March 30, 2013, 02:45:37 PM
This is new to me:

Good new piece of prehistoric flora! Fits right in with Safari's take on it. I never heard of this piece before, did I miss something?

It's been around for quite a while. CollectA released some flora figures last year but this one is older.

Roselaar

Really? Weird I've never seen it on ED or other webstores before then. Oh well, I'll get it anyway, that's for sure. :)

juju1305

Quote from: Roselaar on March 30, 2013, 05:45:47 PM
Really? Weird I've never seen it on ED or other webstores before then. Oh well, I'll get it anyway, that's for sure. :)

Dinosaurtime has had it for quite a while. ED did not indeed.

Roselaar

Ah, so the fault is ED's then. :) Thanks for the clarification.

juju1305

Quote from: Roselaar on March 31, 2013, 01:24:02 PM
Ah, so the fault is ED's then. :) Thanks for the clarification.

For some reason, ED was missing some collectA references (some of the 2010/2011) figures. It's all fixed now, they have everything in store.

juju1305

Got the new CollectAs today.

Some disappointment on the diplo whose neck is bent due to bad packaging  >:(
Love them otherwise :)

tyrantqueen

I notice a lot of people (including myself) have mentioned that their CollectA Diplodocus toys have been warped due to bad packaging. It might be a good idea to mention this issue to Urzeitshop, so they can make appropriate changes to their packaging. It might increase postage fees though :-[ 

Btw, I modified mine with a hairdryer, here's a before and after...

Still not 100% perfect, but better than before.

Balaur

Wow! Even with a bent neck, that Diplodocus looks good. It's still a down side though with it bent. Still, I am for sure getting the Deinotherium, but not sure about the Diabloceratops. I'm gonna be sticking with Safari for their Diabloceratops. Still, I have nothing against CollectA, it's still a nice model.

juju1305

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 04, 2013, 11:18:35 AM
I notice a lot of people (including myself) have mentioned that their CollectA Diplodocus toys have been warped due to bad packaging. It might be a good idea to mention this issue to Urzeitshop, so they can make appropriate changes to their packaging. It might increase postage fees though :-[ 

Btw, I modified mine with a hairdryer, here's a before and after...

Still not 100% perfect, but better than before.

Mine underwent some alternative chiropractic session for the whole night, much to the awe of its friends.

The neck is back to straight.

You're right, it's a wonderful figure despite that neck issue. The level of detail is without any precedent in the CollectA range and it's imo the largest non-deluxe figure in their range. I wish it had been paired with another one in a non-rearing stance. Maybe next year, that would be awesome.

I sent a message to urzeitshop about this issue.
On top of that, my deluxe velociraptor has squashed feet that hinder stability. It resulted in it falling from the table and breaking its lawer jaw. This was fixed with some glue but let's say this package had a lot of issues that previous ones did not have.

sauroid

a police line would look right in that pic ;)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

juju1305

Quote from: sauroid on April 04, 2013, 03:32:48 PM
a police line would look right in that pic ;)

LOL, you're right ;) looks like the poor animal got that huge safe-deposit box falling on its head ;)

Horridus

Just so my fellow Britishers know, Dinosaurtime.co.uk is now stocking the Collecta Diplodocus and Diabloceratops (and some additional foliage)...just pray they don't get your order wrong :P
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: