News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

That penta looks like one of there Jurrasic Action Figures

SBell

Quote from: Zopteryx on April 18, 2013, 11:18:38 PM
Rejoice somewhat!  Turns out, Geoworld's Falcarius DOES have three fingers! ;D The same cannot be said for the Compy... >:(
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GeoWorld-CL374K-Falcarius-Jurassic-Hunters-Feathered-Dinosaur-Model-Toy-NIP-/261192829209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd04e4919

And what's this interesting Pentaceratops be Geoworld?  Looks much better than their current figure.  A sneek peek at 2014 perhaps? ???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEOWORLD-Pentaceratops-Triceratops-Dinosaur-PVC-Sample-Model-Figure-/151017191060?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2329537694

They have a whole series of articulated figures as well as the Jurassic Hunters line. It's probably a sample/prototype from that.

CityRaptor

So anyone got an idea what happened to this Harryhausen-Style Allosaurus?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like EE removed it on March14th...might have been discontinued.  MiM still lists it but says sold out : https://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail.aspx?nItemID=129006&sid=G

Bokisaurus

Ah, so the 2013 is now starting to flood the market ;D
First up, CollectA's beautiful figures

And how they compare to some predecessors  ;)

Very nicely done group from CollectA :)

Now, the new force in the market trying to establish their dominance ;D
Geoworld 2nd expedition figures

The herd (there are 36 dinosaur figures in the 2nd expedition, so this is just a sample!)

In no order (sorry), pictures are Jobaria, Mamenchisaurus, Saltasaurus, Rebbachisaurus, Agustinia, Camarasaurus, Argentinosaurus,Troodon, therizinosaurus, Psittacosaurus, Falcarius, and Zuniceratops!

juju1305

How do these new Georworld figures compare to other figures from other manufacturers?

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: Takama on April 06, 2013, 02:09:29 AM
WOW, Feathers on a Jurrasic Park Dinosaur :o

There were even more feathers on the Raptors:

Takama

Makes the upcomeing movie a embaresment ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Film canon is separate from the comics.  The comics go into a lot of odd territory sometimes. 

Trexroarr

I found GeoWorld's 2013 catalogue. In it, there are pictures of some of the Jurassic World: 3rd Expedition figures. They don't look that bad at all. Some are better than others, of course. There is also a list of all 18 species.

Interestingly, there is also a new "Starter Kit" for people who are first starting out their collection. It includes a binder for the data cards as well as the T-Rex figure and matching data card. This is definitely a great idea and something which I would DEFINITELY buy since I do not own any figures from this collection yet. It is even available is SIX different languages!

What I am wondering though is can one binder fit all 90 (so far) data cards plus the 12 it already comes with? Probably not. I think purchasing a second binder would be required.

Also, the Jurassic Hunters collection is the very first product-line featured in the catalogue (which it was not in the 2012 one). Although the figures are not the greatest, the concept of collecting these data cards to create your very own prehistoric encyclopedia is really great and has definitely never been done before. I can see this collection carrying on for years to come with the next "expeditions" probably featuring Pterosaurs and marine reptiles.

Here is the catalogue. http://www.eduproducts.it/file/Eduproducts_catalogue2013.pdf

I hope Dan begins to carry these soon. Especially that new "Starter Kit". :D

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Spino-rex13

Does anyone know when the new mojo entelodont will be released ( if it already is where can I get one)?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spino-rex13 on April 25, 2013, 03:25:45 AM
Does anyone know when the new mojo entelodont will be released ( if it already is where can I get one)?
Sometime in June, and you can get it from Dan's Dinosaurs, Dejankins and probably eBay too.

Roselaar

Schleich Styracosaurus and Carnotaurus are now available on ED, for any masochists that would want them. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on April 25, 2013, 10:02:00 PM
Schleich Styracosaurus and Carnotaurus are now available on ED, for any masochists that would want them. :)

lol I said something similar recently.  Good luck to any sellers stocking them. ;)

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2013, 02:08:52 AM

lol I said something similar recently.  Good luck to any sellers stocking them. ;)

I wouldent say that.  Schelich seems to take advantage of the average man who just wants to buy a dino toy for there spoiled rotten kids.

Roselaar

Quote from: Takama on April 26, 2013, 02:18:24 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2013, 02:08:52 AM

I wouldent say that.  Schelich seems to take advantage of the average man who just wants to buy a dino toy for there spoiled rotten kids.

True, but DTF board members would buy better quality dinosaurs for their own spoiled rotten kids, unless they were out to hurt themselves.  ;D

Primeval12

I want the carnotaurus

Takama

Quote from: primeval12 on April 26, 2013, 03:17:48 PM
I want the carnotaurus

Tell you the truth. So do I :-[    But only so i can have some fun reviewing it for the blog

Roselaar

Quote from: Takama on April 26, 2013, 04:40:42 PM
I want the carnotaurus

Tell you the truth. So do I :-[    But only so i can have some fun reviewing it for the blog

You're excused.  :P

Primeval12

Quote from: Roselaar on April 26, 2013, 04:58:56 PM
Quote from: Takama on April 26, 2013, 04:40:42 PM
I want the carnotaurus

You're excused.  :P

I want it cause a want it! :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: