News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Yes. One would think that with most companies getting rid of their prehistoric mammals, Papo would make theirs more widely available to fill the niches left.
I also hope for some more Permian and Mesozoic Animals.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ikessauro

Quote from: SBell on October 25, 2012, 01:25:47 PM
Anyone else wondering why the rhino is labelled as an exclusive?

The store that is listing it is always one of the first to have Papo new releases for sale. They get the model a couple of months before everyone else and sell as an exclusivity. But eventually the figure gets release everywhere else, as happened with the Smilodon.

Aram-Rex

Just heard on Dan's Dinosaurs that a PAPO Wooly Rhino is coming in 2013. I'm gonna explode!! The Wooly Rhino is my favourite prehistoric beast. Excited as hell! :D

Seijun

*hugs papo*
Finally a wooly rhino!
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Roselaar

That Woolly Rhino looks pretty good! Too bad Papo can't make their Mammoths look as dynamic as their other prehistoric mammals. I look forward to seeing what else Papo has in store for us next year (if anything).

tanystropheus

Absolutely gorgeous---Papo's Wooly Rhino is by far the most aesthetically pleasant version that I've ever seen, and I was looking around for a decent wooly rhino for a very long time. Papo's Smilodon is lukewarm at best, and their newer Mammoths are quite bad.

juju1305

The rhino looks pretty cool. Based on that picture, it looks like their best prehistoric mammal so far. I hope this means htat we're getting a terror bird, a megatherium, a macrauchenia or an andrewsarchus in the coming years. :)

Simon

By the price I assume it will most likely be close in size to the Brontotherium???  It is the best WR hands down - move over Safari!!!!  Better yet it will look NICE next to the Aurora Mammoth.

John

Quote from: Simon on October 25, 2012, 10:01:53 PM
By the price I assume it will most likely be close in size to the Brontotherium???  It is the best WR hands down - move over Safari!!!!  Better yet it will look NICE next to the Aurora Mammoth.
In terms of quality,that Coelodonta looks to be well above that of the Aurora mammoth.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

ZoPteryx

Very nice rhino, the best out there as far as I can tell! :))

Jetoar

I think the same. Wolly Rhino is one of my favorite preistoric mammals and I look forward that papo or schleich do it.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

CM

Oh wow, that's a really nice-looking rhino.  I hope Papo starts picking up some of the prehistoric mammal slack, especially if this is an indication of where they might go.

radman

Quote from: Jetoar on October 26, 2012, 12:38:28 AM
I think the same. Woolly Rhino is one of my favorite preistoric mammals and I look forward that papo or schleich do it.

If you haven't already, contact forum member Jodee to get this beauty while they last:

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,16.msg21455.html#msg21455

(scroll down near the bottom)

SBell

Quote from: Simon on October 25, 2012, 10:01:53 PM

They are different companies, so that won't be much help.

Kennywr22

So are there no new Dino's coming from papo next year??! Please tell me yes and this isn't it. I mean only one on that page is new.

cordylus

This is the first year I'm legitimately disappointed in carnegie. That's... a giganotosaurus with a weird fin on its back. They surely could have done something more interesting with it, like giving it a throat pouch or something. Oh well.

Wild safari looks promising. I'd put money on those elasmosaur teeth coming out terribly, though. The gastornis and diabloceratops look fantastic! And a cambrian toob, omg. Can't wait for that one. Maybe 2014 will hold my long-awaited prehistoric amphibians toob, haha :)

The whooly rhino from papo looks cool too, I'd bet most people with mammal collections would like to own one. I wonder if it will be released before their brachiosaurus...

tanystropheus

Quote from: Kennywr22 on October 26, 2012, 06:41:27 PM
So are there no new Dino's coming from papo next year??! Please tell me yes and this isn't it. I mean only one on that page is new.

In a previous year (2010-2011?), Papo released information about the Styracosaurus and followed up a few months later with information regarding the Ankylosaurus.

tanystropheus

I don't really see the point of a Schleich Styracosaurus---We already have a few truly exceptional Styracosaurus models (e.g. Papo, X-plus, Kinto/Favorite 2012).

P.S: Did Styracosaurus really have a slightly long neck (relative to other ceratopsians)? All the models that I've listed feature elongated necks.

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: tanystropheus on October 26, 2012, 07:33:24 PM
I don't really see the point of a Schleich Styracosaurus---We already have a few truly exceptional Styracosaurus models (e.g. Papo, X-plus, Kinto/Favorite 2012).

P.S: Did Styracosaurus really have a slightly long neck (relative to other ceratopsians)? All the models that I've listed feature elongated necks.

No longer than any other centrosaurine.  It may look a bit longer when the head is lowered since more neck is being exposed.  The Papo model is a little disproportionate. 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Styracosaurus_skeleton_AMNH5372.jpg

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: cordylus on October 26, 2012, 07:10:48 PM
This is the first year I'm legitimately disappointed in carnegie. That's... a giganotosaurus with a weird fin on its back. They surely could have done something more interesting with it, like giving it a throat pouch or something. Oh well.

Wild safari looks promising. I'd put money on those elasmosaur teeth coming out terribly, though. The gastornis and diabloceratops look fantastic! And a cambrian toob, omg. Can't wait for that one. Maybe 2014 will hold my long-awaited prehistoric amphibians toob, haha :)

The whooly rhino from papo looks cool too, I'd bet most people with mammal collections would like to own one. I wonder if it will be released before their brachiosaurus...

Hey Cordy !

Yeah I was hoping for a bit more from Carnegie myself..everyone gets an " off " season every once in awhile..I just figure 2014 will be even better.

The elasmosaur I think if they area as bad as I think I can fix them up quick with some fingernail clippers and paint.. ;D

The Papo Brachio is released already in Germany , just not quite got here yet.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: