News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

The way it has been coloured seems to suggest to me that it has been done in photoshop over the previous grey. Look at the claws too. They look very obviously coloured over.

Ikessauro

Quote from: brontodocus on October 30, 2012, 12:44:42 PM
Hmmm, I don't know... when I take my Papo Spinosaurus out and position it like in the photo I would only see the back of its head. I'm not ruling out anything but repositioning the head (and apparently lowering the tail, too) looks a bit elaborate for a joke. Papo reused the body of the Pachyrhinosaurus for their Styracosaurus, so why not... oh please let it have a laterally compressed snout (I know it won't... :'( )!

I know they used the pachy body for the styraco, but hey, this is way too bad! See, it's onf flickr since August.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/baptistecoudert/7802070056/meta/

tyrantqueen

But if you put Papo's Pachy and Styraco advertisement shots next to each other, they're not complete clones. There are very subtle differences in the muscle structure for example. Also, Papo didn't recycle the exact same camera angle for their Styraco.

I think it's fake.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Yeah, It is a fake! I have Baptiste Coudert (the owner of the flickr account) as a friend on Facebook. He's a huge fan of Baryonyx...

brontodocus

Wow, if so it's a well made one. It's not just cutting off the sail and recolouring. Was it his work? If so, well... congrats. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Horridus

It's clearly a fake. A genuine Papo would be brown or grey ;)
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

SBell

Quote from: Horridus on October 30, 2012, 05:22:54 PM
It's clearly a fake. A genuine Papo would be brown or grey ;)

Hey, sometimes there is a slight hint of blue... ;D

DogHeadDog

I haven't seen the Sideshow Euoplocephalus announced here yet.

SBell

Quote from: DogHeadDog on October 30, 2012, 08:00:23 PM
I haven't seen the Sideshow Euoplocephalus announced here yet.

That's because it's in the 2012 thread (being the year of release). And they're all sold out.

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,5.15.html

Roselaar

As a custom that Baryonyx is pretty good, but as an official release it's lousy. So I'm glad to hear the latter is not the case.

However, with Papo's recent focus on repainting, a Spinosaurus repaint is not out of the question, is it?

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've heard the next Sideshow Dinosauria piece will be Dilophosaurus ! I'm not sure yet 100% of the release date but I suspect 2013.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 31, 2012, 03:12:23 AM
I've heard the next Sideshow Dinosauria piece will be Dilophosaurus !

:o :D  This sounds like my next Sideshow must-have. I really hope they make it in 1:20, but I'm afraid that would be too small for the line :-\.
Of course I'm gonna pass if it'll be a frilled JP model :P.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 31, 2012, 07:19:51 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 31, 2012, 03:12:23 AM
I've heard the next Sideshow Dinosauria piece will be Dilophosaurus !

:o :D  This sounds like my next Sideshow must-have. I really hope they make it in 1:20, but I'm afraid that would be too small for the line :-\.
Of course I'm gonna pass if it'll be a frilled JP model :P.

I believe Jorge Blanco is still doing the line so it will be quite accurate.  I'm betting it will be at least as large as the T-Rex Krentz did..maybe larger. Depends also if it's a dio or a maquette.

Cirex

Awesome news Blade!!! Thanks for sharing.
Just have to make sure to have enough money for a deposit when it becomes available...

Primeval12

I hope there is a new Jurassic Park toy line, they should do something for the 20th anniversary to go along with the re-release of the movie.

Gwangi

Quote from: primeval12 on October 31, 2012, 08:48:12 PM
I hope there is a new Jurassic Park toy line, they should do something for the 20th anniversary to go along with the re-release of the movie.

I'm certain they will when the fourth film is released.

Brontozaurus

Of course, the fourth film seems to be stuck in limbo, so I wouldn't bet on it happening. Maybe we'll get something for the re-release? The Star Wars line got new things when Episode I came out again, so there's a precedent for re-releases to get new toys. That and the Star Wars license is held by the same company that has the license for Jurassic Park, which makes it possible for there to be a new line, however small. We still have Toy Fair in February for any new JP stuff to be revealed.

Maybe they'll pull out those prototypes we saw a few months ago and make them into toys.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Roselaar

Quote from: Brontozaurus on October 31, 2012, 09:58:42 PM
Maybe they'll pull out those prototypes we saw a few months ago and make them into toys.

*sigh* If only...

Gwangi

Of course, the fourth film seems to be stuck in limbo.

Not with the news I've read lately. I realize it could still go under but at this point it sounds like it's gonna happen.

CM

Quote from: Gwangi on November 01, 2012, 03:49:20 AM
Of course, the fourth film seems to be stuck in limbo.

Not with the news I've read lately. I realize it could still go under but at this point it sounds like it's gonna happen.

At the risk of being the new guy perpetuating a somewhat off-topic line, I'll put in my support here.  From what I read, they actually have made a new JP something of a priority.  The screenwriting pair who wrote Rise of the Planet of the Apes are working on it now and I could swear I read a quote from one of the producers basically saying they want it in theaters for summer 2014.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: