News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

Can't say I can blame CollectA for not having a huge lineup for 2013 after their efforts this year. I find it interesting that only now are they getting to Diplodocus and Pachycephalosaurus, since they're so well-known that they could have done them earlier. Although I am disappointed that there's no dead animals this time.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Takama

Quote from: Brontozaurus on October 10, 2012, 01:23:25 AM
Can't say I can blame CollectA for not having a huge lineup for 2013 after their efforts this year. I find it interesting that only now are they getting to Diplodocus and Pachycephalosaurus, since they're so well-known that they could have done them earlier. Although I am disappointed that there's no dead animals this time.

the figures are based on extinct species so they are dead :P

Yes I know you were refering to dino prey

amargasaurus cazaui

If we are going to split hairs in such manner then dinosaurs are not actually extinct, they simply evolved, and are not dead. The only dinosaurs that went exinct were non-avian species.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Balaur

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 10, 2012, 02:22:50 AM
If we are going to split hairs in such manner then dinosaurs are not actually extinct, they simply evolved, and are not dead. The only dinosaurs that went exinct were non-avian species.

I think Takama refers to the extinct non-avian species.  8)

I would love to see more dino prey too though.

Takama

If we are going to split hairs in such manner then dinosaurs are not actually extinct, they simply evolved, and are not dead. The only dinosaurs that went extinct were non-avian species.

Oh yes how can i be so ignorant ::)      oh wait

I said Extinct species, not necessarily referring to just dinosaurs.
Quote from: Takama on October 10, 2012, 01:34:42 AM

the figures are based on extinct species so they are dead :P

Yes I know you were refering to dino prey
I could say the exact same thing for a figure of a Dodo or Thylacine

postsaurischian

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on October 10, 2012, 02:27:26 AM

Cut your Dinosaur figures into pieces and put them in the microwave and you'll have Dino prey >:D.

................ or go to KFC.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on October 10, 2012, 02:27:26 AM

I think Takama refers to the extinct non-avian species.  8)

What kind of prey item ? I can modify or sculpt up something quick for you if interested. As could many of our fine artists here.

alexeratops

2013 favorite soft models are now 2012 releases!!!
like a bantha!

juju1305

I'm disappointed about the lack of dead animal (and probably animal family as well) because these are really differentiating factors in the CollectA line. A dead sauropod or a dead stegosaur would have been really cool.

juju1305

Quote from: alexeratops on October 11, 2012, 04:26:20 PM

that's really good news... Expect for my bank account...  :-\

tyrantqueen

Quote from: juju1305 on October 11, 2012, 08:49:45 PM

Since when? How do you guys know this?

juju1305

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 11, 2012, 10:10:05 PM
Quote from: juju1305 on October 11, 2012, 08:49:45 PM

Since when? How do you guys know this?

It's on Favorit'es website. http://www.f-favorite.net/english/products/dinosaur/SoftModel/ at the bottom right, they're announced for october

Bokisaurus

Very nice lineup from Safari, love the diablo :)
CollectA, well sooner or later they will need to slow down, guess its next year.
Cool that we get another diablo, would be interesting to see how the two compare.
Diplo is long overdue, it would be interesting to see how they interpret it... WWD style or a mini Battat? ^-^
Too bad no family group, predator with prey, and dead dino for next year.
Deinotherium should be good, hopefully as big as this year mega.

tyrantqueen

Looks like the bipedal figures come with stands. Woohooo, no more blu-tac and hot water treatment 8)

John

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 12, 2012, 02:10:02 AM
...Diplo is long overdue, it would be interesting to see how they interpret it... WWD style or a mini Battat? ^-^ ...
I would expect it to end up being more comparable to their Argentinosaurus and 2012 Amargasaurus,than a copy of the Battat or Walking with Dinosaurs TV show version. :D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Primeval12

Where can I find Favorite dinosaurs in the US?

Takama

Quote from: alexeratops on October 13, 2012, 03:06:14 PM
News from papo yet?

We might not hear from them until december, unless someone leaks out images from some preview pamplet(It happend last year)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: primeval12 on October 13, 2012, 04:43:39 PM
Where can I find Favorite dinosaurs in the US?

Dans Dinosaurs carries some of them now : http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-Figures-cln-Favorite-Co./Categories.bok

Not sure if he will be stocking the newest ones or not.

Takama

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: