News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Balaur

I can't wait to get my hands on the Favourite models. They look great!

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just heard about this :

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC9010436#.UIQoU2ez44c

Reminds me of this one :

I do think I will be ordering one. :)

Takama

Hey Gwangi, looks like your made into a figure

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol it's not exactly a movie replica ( I don't think ) , but it has so much retro love in it and it's an ALLOSAURUS ! ;D So I'm in ! :)

Bokisaurus

So, looks like it's a styracosaurus and Carno from Schleich next year ;) Hmmm, the Carno may also have articulated jaw ::)
And it looks like all the Replicasaurus will be retired next year... any one care? ;D

Takama

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 25, 2012, 01:47:15 AM
So, looks like it's a styracosaurus and Carno from Schleich next year ;) Hmmm, the Carno may also have articulated jaw ::)
And it looks like all the Replicasaurus will be retired next year... any one care? ;D

May i ask were you got that info from :)

Edit  nevermind
http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2012/10/24/schleich-announce-product-changes-for-2013.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=schleich-announce-product-changes-for-2013

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 25, 2012, 01:47:15 AM
I think Schleich sculptors have a lot of potential. Their sculpts are always nicely detailed, it's just their anatomy is always horribly deformed. I'm guessing their Carno and Styraco will either be Disney ripoffs, or Papo ripoffs.

Takama

I hope they countiue to rivive there oldest models

I hope they make a new ouranosaurus that is inspired by its appearance in Planet Dinosaur.

And i hope they try again at a Kronosaurus

ZoPteryx

These ought to be interesting, although I doubt they can compete with the Papo and Carnegie figures.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on October 25, 2012, 02:53:52 AM
I hope they countiue to rivive there oldest models

I hope they make a new ouranosaurus that is inspired by its appearance in Planet Dinosaur.

And i hope they try again at a Kronosaurus
Their oldest models? You mean monstrosities like this?

Of course, there are some gems among the older Schleichs, like the Edmontonia and Parasaurolophus....but clearly dinosaurs are not their strength.  Perhaps Schleich should just stick to making whales.

Takama

Yes i mean those monstrositys, Only they are vastly improved to at least look like something real and not a blob of plastic *yuck*     

tyrantqueen

Oh, when you said "revive" I thought you meant brought back in exactly the same way that Bullyland did with their mammals.

I think a better word would have been resculpted.

Takama

New from Papo 2013

Page 24 Wooly Rhino

Ikessauro

Quote from: Takama on October 25, 2012, 01:08:10 PM
http://asp.zone-secure.net/v2/index.jsp?id=2356/3023/29012&lng=fr
New from Papo 2013

Page 24 Wooly Mamoth

WOW!!! WOOLY RHINOCEROS!!!!!
I was a bit sad when I read "Wooly Mammoth" on your post. The pic took sometime to load and I hadn't seen the figure.

Takama

Re editted post

If its anything like last year,   there might be more to come from papo other then just this.   I am surprised that they chose to replicate this creture

Ikessauro

Quote from: Takama on October 25, 2012, 01:13:00 PM
Re editted post

If its anything like last year,   there might be more to come from papo other then just this.   I am surprised that they chose to replicate this creture

I am actually not. They added the Smilodon and a new Mammoth, two Mammoth calfs. It's a matter of time untill we have Megatherium coming out. Oh boy, I love the Rhino, but I really would like to see more from Papo than just one model.

Takama

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on October 25, 2012, 01:16:54 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 25, 2012, 01:13:00 PM
Re editted post

I am actually not. They added the Smilodon and a new Mammoth, two Mammoth calfs. It's a matter of time untill we have Megatherium coming out. Oh boy, I love the Rhino, but I really would like to see more from Papo than just one model.

Anyone else wondering why the rhino is labelled as an exclusive?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: