News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

And olready released in Holland
I mean the papo Brachio,,i ordered one

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

cordylus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 26, 2012, 09:41:43 PM
Quote from: cordylus on October 26, 2012, 07:10:48 PM
This is the first year I'm legitimately disappointed in carnegie. That's... a giganotosaurus with a weird fin on its back. They surely could have done something more interesting with it, like giving it a throat pouch or something. Oh well.

Wild safari looks promising. I'd put money on those elasmosaur teeth coming out terribly, though. The gastornis and diabloceratops look fantastic! And a cambrian toob, omg. Can't wait for that one. Maybe 2014 will hold my long-awaited prehistoric amphibians toob, haha :)

The whooly rhino from papo looks cool too, I'd bet most people with mammal collections would like to own one. I wonder if it will be released before their brachiosaurus...

Hey Cordy !

Yeah I was hoping for a bit more from Carnegie myself..everyone gets an " off " season every once in awhile..I just figure 2014 will be even better.

The elasmosaur I think if they area as bad as I think I can fix them up quick with some fingernail clippers and paint.. ;D

The Papo Brachio is released already in Germany , just not quite got here yet.

Hey blade!

I suppose everyone does have an off year here or there - hopefully 2014 looks better. It's not that this new Carnegie is really bad or anything, it just doesn't look like it will be able to separate itself from the "pack" so to speak.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: cordylus on October 28, 2012, 01:10:08 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 26, 2012, 09:41:43 PM
Quote from: cordylus on October 26, 2012, 07:10:48 PM
This is the first year I'm legitimately disappointed in carnegie. That's... a giganotosaurus with a weird fin on its back. They surely could have done something more interesting with it, like giving it a throat pouch or something. Oh well.

Wild safari looks promising. I'd put money on those elasmosaur teeth coming out terribly, though. The gastornis and diabloceratops look fantastic! And a cambrian toob, omg. Can't wait for that one. Maybe 2014 will hold my long-awaited prehistoric amphibians toob, haha :)

The whooly rhino from papo looks cool too, I'd bet most people with mammal collections would like to own one. I wonder if it will be released before their brachiosaurus...

Hey Cordy !

Yeah I was hoping for a bit more from Carnegie myself..everyone gets an " off " season every once in awhile..I just figure 2014 will be even better.

The elasmosaur I think if they area as bad as I think I can fix them up quick with some fingernail clippers and paint.. ;D

The Papo Brachio is released already in Germany , just not quite got here yet.

Hey blade!

I suppose everyone does have an off year here or there - hopefully 2014 looks better. It's not that this new Carnegie is really bad or anything, it just doesn't look like it will be able to separate itself from the "pack" so to speak.

That's it exactly.  I really wish they could a bit more creative with plates, spines and feathers...just superficial changes to the sculpt. I know it's related to Giganotosaurus but some difference would be nice aside from the obvious. If we all noticed how much this looks like their previous piece surely someone else in the chain noticed it as well and would have said something. It's a bit like doing Tyrannosaurus Rex and Tarbosaurus and making both in the exact same style.

I think 2014 will be a much better year to be honest..I believe Dan has hinted to as much.

indy1936

Maybe Carnegie will go back to 1:40 for 2014!  ::)  I was pretty disappointed with the 2012 Brachiosaurus. It was smaller than the 2008 Diplodocus!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: indy1936 on October 28, 2012, 07:34:46 AM
Maybe Carnegie will go back to 1:40 for 2014!  ::)  I was pretty disappointed with the 2012 Brachiosaurus. It was smaller than the 2008 Diplodocus!

I think many of us were a little disappointed by that turn out. I think of all dinosaur figures sauropods should be BIG..well at least bigger than other figures in the same line.

John

The Carnegie Collection are no longer a 1:40 scale line,and are going to be roughly around 8 to 12 inches long,regardless of what they are going to be,hence a smaller scaled Brachiosaurus this year and larger scaled Concavenator next year.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 28, 2012, 05:39:49 PM

I think many of us were a little disappointed by that turn out. I think of all dinosaur figures sauropods should be BIG..well at least bigger than other figures in the same line.
Not all of us were dissapointed,I thought it was the best sauropod out since the Diplodocus from Battat.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Though i don't have it , I say that the new Carnegie Brachio, is the Best Sauropod "Toy" model on the market. Its just ruined by a $#!++y Economy ::).

Gwangi

I still need to get that Brachiosaurus. It is a beautiful model but a combination of size and color (and price) have not placed it high on my list.

John

Quote from: Gwangi on October 28, 2012, 06:50:50 PM
I still need to get that Brachiosaurus. It is a beautiful model but a combination of size and color (and price) have not placed it high on my list.
If you think the Carnegie Museum one costs too much,you aren't going to like the $45 price of the Papo one...

Gwangi

Quote from: John on October 28, 2012, 07:11:51 PM
If you think the Carnegie Museum one costs too much,you aren't going to like the $45 price of the Papo one...

I'm aware but the Papo one is both larger and more detailed. Though I normally prefer the accuracy of Carnegie over the detail of Papo this is one case where I make an exception. Besides, I'll probably ask for both for Christmas and save myself from having to buy either.

John

Quote from: Gwangi on October 28, 2012, 07:34:24 PM
Quote from: John on October 28, 2012, 07:11:51 PM

I'm aware but the Papo one is both larger and more detailed. Though I normally prefer the accuracy of Carnegie over the detail of Papo this is one case where I make an exception. Besides, I'll probably ask for both for Christmas and save myself from having to buy either.
I have the Carnegie one and I can say it certainly is impressive.As for Papo,it's next year's Coelodonta that gets my attention the most.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

He guy's and girls

a new Papo dino

2013 release ???????

Takama

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on October 30, 2012, 12:04:53 PM
He guy's and girls

a new Papo dino

2013 release

That looks Photoshopped

tyrantqueen

I'm betting it's some kind of Hallowe'en joke.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

to me it looks very very much at the spino

but i found it in a different forum,
so i liked to share it

and mayby it's a new one

our a bad joke,i don't know

STORMnl  aka Martien

Ikessauro

Yeah, it's a Spino photoshopped. Papo being master of painting and photoshopping their models would not release such a weak photo.

tyrantqueen

QuoteYeah, it's a Spino photoshopped. Papo being master of painting and photoshopping their models would not release such a weak photo.

Are you being sarcastic? Seriously, I always miss sarcasm because of my Aspergers.

brontodocus

Hmmm, I don't know... when I take my Papo Spinosaurus out and position it like in the photo I would only see the back of its head. I'm not ruling out anything but repositioning the head (and apparently lowering the tail, too) looks a bit elaborate for a joke. Papo reused the body of the Pachyrhinosaurus for their Styracosaurus, so why not... oh please let it have a laterally compressed snout (I know it won't... :'( )!

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Takama

If this thing turns out to be real, i will be Serverly Disappointed >:(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: