News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

I got to talk with James Connolly of Mojo Fun about the Deinotherium recently and in regards to the scale of the figure:

"[..]Firstly all the models are in the same approx. scale 1:25-1:30, I fully intend to try wherever possible to keep the scaling for Prehistoric mammals within this range. The Deinotherium is approx. 12cm high at the shoulders and 16cm long making him 1:30 scale."

So folks, these are big. ;) And the people at Mojo Fun are taking these animals very seriously which is fantastic. As the Prehistoric Mammals are released I have more tidbits of info to share since I can share them now. XD Also, folks, I would love to see Mojo Fun stick with a solid line of Prehistoric Mammals/Marsupials/non-dinos in addition to their other animals. They could carve out a fantastic niche for themselves there. ;) Sadly the stark bright white background doesn't show off the rich skin-color of the animal. Ah well.

@brontodocus: Oh, I think you're going to be getting the rest of the prehistoric mammals then. They look fantastic.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wish they made their dinosaurs this well.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

I had a conversation to and this is what he told me:

The Deinotherium is 18cm nose to tail and 12cm high = 1:20 scale
All the Prehistoric mammal figures are 1:20 scale

I really enjoy researching and making the Prehistoric mammal line
So making Prehistoric mammals is really exciting and I can make them more expressive!

some very direct words about the Prehistoric Mammals

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Balaur

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 24, 2012, 09:37:19 PM
It's Finaly time to show you 1 of the Prehistoric Mammals that MOJO FUNN
wil bring out in 2013

It's the Deinotherium
A great product of this Figure,

They will be reducing the texture in mass production model
(means less scratches on the body)

In my Opinion is this on of the greatest Model for 2013

less talking,here are the Photo's of the Deinotherium

this are the official Pictures

Martien

Wow! This is a great model! I'm definentally getting this and the CollectA model. But this is better than CollectA's. Very well done! I'm very impressed!  ;D

Weaver

Yep! That's right Matien! I don't know about you but it seems as if he had such fun working on these. I can't wait to get the Deinotherium, it's absolutely fantastic. <3

Bokisaurus

Quote from: brontodocus on November 24, 2012, 10:06:06 PM
Yay, thanks for posting! :D Okay, so it's decided, I will get me some Mojö next year... If the other prehistoric mammals are only remotely as good I'll get those, too! :)

Finally! Awesome job on this guy!
Yes, the rest of the prehistoric mammals are up to par with this one, should be a killer collection next year! ;)

CM

Oh, that is nice!  I've a feeling I'm going to be disappointed we're only getting four mammals from Mojo next year. :)

Seijun

Unless their dinosaurs become as good as their mammals, I dont mind not getting any new mojo dinosaurs. More companies have been doing more prehistoric mammals lately, but IMO Mojo is the first to do them really, really well, and that is a welcome change. (ok, safari's mammals were pretty good, but they were very small and are almost all retired now).
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Weaver

Agreed Seijun! Hey, if these figures get a good response we may see more Prehistoric mammals/marsupials in future years from Mojo Fun. I hope so. Mostly because I'm still hoping for some ancient whales someday. I want a Pakicetus figure. A nice one. And Mojo could do it. And do it well.

CM

If a company is to really dedicate itself to an ongoing prehistoric mammal line, my wish list is still going to take years to complete. :)

John

wil bring out in 2013

It's the Deinotherium

Martien
I will have to second the notion of this being one of the best of the releases for 2013. ;D
I notice a lot of the prehistoric animals that I loved as a kid showing up next year (Dimorphodon,Parasaurolophus,ect. now Deinotherium too.)
:))
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tyrantqueen

Deinotherium looks pretty good, but I'm not really interested. Does this mean that Mojo are improving all their figures, not just their prehistoric mammals? That would be interesting...

Weaver

@TyrantQueen: I should think so. I haven't heard much about the dinosaur/s yet though.

Primeval12

wil bring out in 2013

It's the Deinotherium

This one beats CollectA's by a long run.

Martien

ZoPteryx

The Deinotherium looks very nice, well done Mojo! ;D  I'd say that a like it more overall than CollectA's, despite its less active pose.  One questionable thing though, does it have the correct number of toes?  I only count three on each foot. ???

stoneage

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 24, 2012, 11:47:58 PM
I had a conversation to and this is what he told me:

The Deinotherium is 18cm nose to tail and 12cm high = 1:20 scale
All the Prehistoric mammal figures are 1:20 scale

I really enjoy researching and making the Prehistoric mammal line
So making Prehistoric mammals is really exciting and I can make them more expressive!

some very direct words about the Prehistoric Mammals

Martien

There is no way it could be 1/20 scale.  The Bullyland Deinotherium is 11cm tall and 21 cm long which is around 1/40 scale.  In order for it to be 1/20 scale it would have to be around 14 inches long and it is more like 7 inches.  I think it is about the right size to fit in with the Bullyland and other near 1/40 figures.

tanystropheus

It looks like I will be picking up both Deinotheriums next year.

The Mojo Deinotherium has a more accurate body, anatomically (the CollectA Deinotherium is a tad bit emaciated appearing). 

The CollectA Deinotherium has a more inspired, less static and more expressive head sculpt/countenance, though.

Overall, both Deinotheriums are a vast improvement over the (now vintage) Bullyland depiction.

Weaver

@Zopteryx:  Ah, it's just the picture. I can assure you that the Deinotherium does indeed have 4 toes on the feet. Silly 'official' pictures. XD

Trexroarr

Wow... Well it looks like I will DEFINITELY be getting the Mojo releases this year! That Deinotherium is honestly absolutely amazing! I kinda like it with the texture. I don't want them to reduce it in the mass production model. I looks great with it. Deinotherium was an elephant. Having skin like that, simply makes sense lol.

Speaking of Mojo releases, are they planning on making any dinosaurs this year, or just the four prehistoric mammals? If they are, will they be up to par with these mammals? Kinda like how Safari went from unrealistic, childish models, to very respectible and accurate models with their Wild Safari line in 2008, with the Triceratops, Allosaurus and Stegosaurus.

I really hope Dan or some other American-based store will carry them next year!

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

John

Quote from: Trexroarr on November 25, 2012, 07:46:54 AM
Wow... Well it looks like I will DEFINITELY be getting the Mojo releases this year! That Deinotherium is honestly absolutely amazing! I kinda like it with the texture. I don't want them to reduce it in the mass production model. I looks great with it. Deinotherium was an elephant. Having skin like that, simply makes sense lol.

Speaking of Mojo releases, are they planning on making any dinosaurs this year, or just the four prehistoric mammals? If they are, will they be up to par with these mammals? Kinda like how Safari went from unrealistic, childish models, to very respectible and accurate models with their Wild Safari line in 2008, with the Triceratops, Allosaurus and Stegosaurus.

I really hope Dan or some other American-based store will carry them next year!
Off the top of my head,I can think of some Wild Safari toys (er' COLLECTIBLES!!!!) that were good before 2008 like Dunkelosteus(released in 2007),and Smilodon (2005,though this is cheating a little as it was originally from a line of prehistoric mammals called "Prehistoric Life" and would only later be included in the Wild Safari line,now known as "Wild Safari Dinos and Prehistoric Life") so the Wild Safari line gradually got better little by little,not suddenly from one year to the next like Mojo seems to be doing here.And from what I understand,it will be the four mammals that are considered to be the prehistoric representatives next year by Mojo. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: