News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crankydinosaur

AHHH! I am so excited for the new Mojo figures. I can finally finish my Oligocene diorama!

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

suspsy

Who else is dying to find out what Papo has in store for next year?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SBell

Quote from: crankydinosaur on November 20, 2012, 12:50:42 PM
AHHH! I am so excited for the new Mojo figures. I can finally finish my Oligocene diorama!

Brontotheres aren't Oligocene C:-). Some of the other ones, yeah.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm sure those sculpts will be a big hit with kids, I saw the end cap at my local walmart last week for Schleich. The toy look and colors will really draw the attention I guess.

postsaurischian

Typical German consensus ::): Dinosaurs are mainly children's interest!

Ikessauro

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 20, 2012, 04:43:46 PM

Not just German, Brazilian folks do that a lot too. I rarely can find a paleontology or dinosaur book in any bookstore that is not in the kids books section.

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 20, 2012, 12:37:37 AM
Quote from: SBell on November 19, 2012, 09:51:05 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 19, 2012, 08:47:19 PM
That Schleich Carnotaurus is laughably inaccurate (surprise, surprise), yet its proportions make it look very, very cute.

"Cute" seems to be the direction of most of Schleich's figures--their dragons are the same way--lots of sculpting and detail, but more cartoonish and cute.

That and price is why I don't any of their dragons.. :(

My son just picked one up. Admittedly, it is about twice the volume and mass of a Safari one, but it is still very cutesy (complete with boy rider on it!) For a little less money, my daughter picked up the incredibly detailed, realistic war elephant. To me, that one is a far better deal, and it looks far better (and is also the approximate size of a 1/20 deinothere--which would be incredible).

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

This week our weekend,,the official photo's of the MOJO line's
The Return Of The Mammoth's

CityRaptor

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 20, 2012, 04:43:46 PM

Yes, which is also why I mainly get my dinosaurs and books online. >:(

As for the attributes on Prehistoric Mammals: Well, you want them realistic, so you have to deal with them. You can probably always use some kind of clever scenery censor.
I still wonder if some sort of Reptilian Linneaus would put that on the list of reasons why Mammals are Abhorrent.

As for Papo: I really hop we get more than just that Wooly Rhino.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jetoar

I have been seeing figures of mojo and I think they have done good figures as Great White Shark and They are doing a good job with Prehistoric mammals  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

crankydinosaur

Quote from: SBell on November 20, 2012, 03:23:53 PM
Quote from: crankydinosaur on November 20, 2012, 12:50:42 PM

Brontotheres aren't Oligocene C:-). Some of the other ones, yeah.

yeah yeah yeah stop raining on my parade  :P

ZoPteryx

Can't wait to see the full pics of the Mojos! :o  Never thought I'd be saying that!

One question though, were can I get these in the US?  Will Dan be carrying them? ???

Takama

Quote from: Zopteryx on November 21, 2012, 02:12:46 AM
Can't wait to see the full pics of the Mojos! :o  Never thought I'd be saying that!

One question though, were can I get these in the US?  Will Dan be carrying them? ???

I bet Dejankins will get them in

as will TGF toys. Though given Mojos improved qulity, Im sure Dan might finally selll them

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on November 20, 2012, 04:56:27 PM
That Schleich Carnotaurus is laughably inaccurate (surprise, surprise), yet its proportions make it look very, very cute.

"Cute" seems to be the direction of most of Schleich's figures--their dragons are the same way--lots of sculpting and detail, but more cartoonish and cute.

My son just picked one up. Admittedly, it is about twice the volume and mass of a Safari one, but it is still very cutesy (complete with boy rider on it!) For a little less money, my daughter picked up the incredibly detailed, realistic war elephant. To me, that one is a far better deal, and it looks far better (and is also the approximate size of a 1/20 deinothere--which would be incredible).

Are you referring to the awesome over-the-top albino elephant with the ornaments/armor? Does it look like the stock pic??

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 21, 2012, 04:32:04 AM
Quote from: SBell on November 20, 2012, 04:56:27 PM

Are you referring to the awesome over-the-top albino elephant with the ornaments/armor? Does it look like the stock pic??

Yes--no carrying basket for archers though.  It is a very well done figure, and heavy! Not really a toy, but it is one now! It tends to be at the head of dragon armies trying to save princesses and such.

Now we just need a sauropod to the same scale with a rider...

CityRaptor

Dino Riders Style or "Die Schlacht der Dinosaurier" Style? Probably the latter....with the Riders being some sort of Dinosauroids.

As for the War Elpehant, it indeed has a saddle, but that is sold separately. They also have a Rhino.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

juju1305

Quote from: suspsy on November 20, 2012, 02:42:09 PM
Who else is dying to find out what Papo has in store for next year?

I really hope they have more than the whooly rhino (which looks fabulous, but it would be a letdown if there was nothing else)

Himmapaan

Sean and Tanystropheus: I was given a gift of the white battle elephant complete with the additional 'palanquin' and figures. It is amazing. I absolutely love it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I considered getting that elephant for my project but in the end just decided on an Imperial 84' African Elephant. Which works better since I tend to drop, knock off and toss these pieces around while working..lol I'm not sure I could stood to do that to the battle elephant. :)

Himmapaan

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: