You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Desire for future BotM series from Creative Beast Studio

Started by Kaustav Bhattacharyya, July 19, 2020, 06:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsTwentyBelow

Well I have to say, I'm seriously enjoying my two new BotM ceratopsian figures (Zuni and the blue "Monoclonius") and eagerly await the third (Kosmo) . I can't stop playing with/ogling them. And of course my BotM raptors have a prominent place in my collection too. The presentation is so nice for this whole line that I never even thought twice about if I am keeping the boxes. Absolutely, because they are great for storage and since the figures can be put back inside easily, the boxes also help make an excellent BotM shelf display.

That said, yup, I would definitely be interested in the next BotM kickstarter. It will be exciting once the Tyrannosaurs open up for pledging! I would hope that hadrosaurs are tackled next. I want my super articulated Parasaur! As others have said, an Abelisaurid series would be great for the next series of theropods. I think he should keep to alternating the series between carnivores and herbivores, so hadrosaurs next!

Shonisaurus

I wish a tsintaosaurus by BoTM painted exotically is one of my favorite herbivorous dinosaurs, and by far the preferred lambeosaurine hadrosaurid even with its up-to-date scientific appearance although I have to say I liked the old "retro" representation of that cute hadrosaurid better. It reminded me of a unicorn.

indohyus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 01, 2021, 09:42:11 PM
I wish a tsintaosaurus by BoTM painted exotically is one of my favorite herbivorous dinosaurs, and by far the preferred lambeosaurine hadrosaurid even with its up-to-date scientific appearance although I have to say I liked the old "retro" representation of that cute hadrosaurid better. It reminded me of a unicorn.

So long as it's not like the CollectA one.......

Shonisaurus

Quote from: indohyus on January 01, 2021, 09:45:30 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 01, 2021, 09:42:11 PM

So long as it's not like the CollectA one.......

avatar_indohyus @indohyus Completely agree with you. I would like a tsintaosaurus like the one in this illustration. It is the "retro" tsintaosaurus that I would like one day for BoTM, PNSO or another brand to make a figure similar or even the same as that one. The Collecta tsintaosaurus is still an interesting figure, but that "retro" doesn't convince me at all, without ceasing to be my favorite tsintaosaurus figure, even for me it is preferred compared to its PNSO counterpart.

avatar_indohyus @indohyus Sorry, I had forgotten the illustration, in which I represented the "retro" tsintaosaurus that I would like one day to make a brand of toy dinosaurs among other BoTM.

https://dinopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Tsintaosaurus

It is very reminiscent of the Collecta version, although it is logically superior to it.

Appalachiosaurus

Please be Hadrosaurs, please be Hadrosaurs, please be Hadrosaurs

I seem to be a it in the minority given that I love that David bases his color schemes on extant animals and that each line is based on families instead of formations or whatever species will sell best. Prehistoric Sharks also sounds amazing, but wow would a 1/18 Megalodon be a production nightmare. If he does do a line that will force him into 1/45 only, I assume he'd start with Sauropods, which I'm fine with. Spinosaurids are probably a no go since there aren't enough genera to fill up a whole line, but they could be a part of a Megalosaurs line. Mosasaurs, Ankylosaurs, and Stegosaurs are also a must. Then he could do Pliosaurs, Plesiosaurs, 1/18 Raptors, Non-Dromaeosaur Maniraptorans, Ornithomimids, Pterosaurs, Iguanodonts, Extinct Crocodiles, Pachycephalosaurs, Carnosaurs, Abelisaurs, Pelycosaurs, Prosauropods, Ceratosaurs, Coelophysids, Pleistocene Mammals, Eurypterids, Ammonites, etc etc. One good thing about BOTM is that David will never be allowed to run out of ideas!

Stegotyranno420

I really want stegosaurs. Also, does this company make 1:40 scale figures of any kind? Sorry if it's a stupid question

suspsy

Yeah, spinosaurs would work best as part of a megalosaurs line. You've only got Spinosaurus, Suchomimus, Ichythyovenator, Irritator, and Baryonyx. Sigilmassasaurus and Oxalaia may possibly be Spinosaurus as well, and the remaining spinosaurs are only known from small fragments.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

I think my preference would be for stegosaurs. But I would be tempted by a few hadrosaurs.

Giganotosaurus

Count me down for wanting a Spinosaur line! Plus a diverse marine reptile line! And a Pterosaur line!
But mainly, more therapods!!
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

suspsy

I still say that there aren't nearly enough spinosaurs known from ample fossil material to justify a series. They really would be better off as part of a megalosaur series.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Reuben03

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on January 14, 2021, 12:08:38 AM
Count me down for wanting a Spinosaur line! Plus a diverse marine reptile line! And a Pterosaur line!
But mainly, more therapods!!
yeahhh i really want Mosasaurs

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Giganotosaurus

As I said in the Tyrannosur thread, I really hope a Carcharodontosauridae series is made someday, even if it is a limited one.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Appalachiosaurus

A Carnosaur line is a pretty safe bet, many years down the line of course.

stargatedalek

I'd still rather see the formula change than continue going by groups of animals. I can see the "universal" appeal of the groups already splitting. As an example I have very little interest in (derived) ceratopsians, I'll be getting Psittacosaurus because hey at least we got one non-derived ceratopsian, and the bigger Triceratops because I don't know if I'll ever get another chance to get one as close to my preferred scale, but that's it. And I'll be back probably buying quite a few Tyrannosaurs.

A carnosaur series would leave me completely cut-off and uninterested, while something like an ornithomimid or hadrosaur series, while I would buy all of the fluffy babies and at least a big hadrosaur or two, would likely struggle to reach the same broad appeal of previous lines.

I give the group formula pterosaurs and maybe mosasaurs before it's spent. Unless BOTM want to go a bit broader and lump thyreophorans together, in which case they could also perhaps pull it off.

Grouping series by formation or general region is in my mind a much safer bet for continuing long-term while still maintaining a good diversity of offerings. There are a lot of parts to reference established through the three lines (plush theoretically the dragon line which we haven't seen much of yet).

I'll use Nemegt as an example:

-1:18 Deinocheirus with a new body, head/neck and tail, Yutyrannus legs/feet, and 1:6 raptor arms.

-1:18(~1:15th?) Gallimimus with a raptor torso, feathered tyrannosaur tail, new legs and head/neck, and raptor arms again.

-1:18 "Giant azhdarchid" with all new parts (also establishes pterosaur parts for future uses).

-1:6 Homalocephale (and/or Prenocephale) using Psittacosaurus torso, arms, and tail, with new legs/feet and head/neck.

-1:18 Therizinosaurus with mostly new parts but could share a tail and legs (just not feet) with Deinocheirus/Yutyrannus.

-1:6 Nemegtomaia with a raptor body, wings and tail, new legs/feet and a new head/neck (perhaps sharing feet and some parts of the neck with Gallimimus).

-1:18 Saurolophus as a completely new sculpt (establishing hadrosaur parts for future lines).

-1:6 Zanabazar could reuse the Buitreraptor head with a mix of body parts from Buitreraptor and the Troodon juvenile.

-Adasaurus, Mononykus (packed with Zanabazar maybe?), and Tarbosaurus could get re-released with new colour-schemes, perhaps to match the theme(s) used for the new animals.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.