News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

GR Toys Spinosaurus

Started by Leyster, August 22, 2020, 01:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

Found in a thread on Baidu. I don't know if it's a knockoff or what, but it might be the first figure with an accurate tail and (probably impossible quadrupedal posture aside) it doesn't look half bad.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6897467825

Dunno why images don't show.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Flaffy

It's legit. Avaliable in October. 269-289 RMB per.

Flaffy

The red colour scheme seems to be inspired by the Papo Swimming spino.

Really not a fan of the hands. Especially the pose on the left arm. It looks like its broken.
The head sculpt seems a little wonky here and there as well, hopefully that's because of the angle / poor image resolution.

But overall, not bad. The feet are correctly sculpted, having 4 weight bearing toes. And that paddle tail is just majestic.
IF I were to pick one up, I'd have to go for the green one. But I'm probably going to wait for a CollectA version, or any comapny that wants a piece of the 2020 Spinosaurus cake.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Hui. Where would be the best Place to order one of these, when they are released? I like teh Sculpt. The Arms/Hands need to be reworked at home, but overall i like it. Also like the paintobs on these. Would look nice next to the Papo.

SidB

It's amazing how quickly some have been to jump on the new discovery, but unfortunate that they didn't incorporate the whole package.

MLMjp

That left hand is unfortunate, a knuckle would still be inaccurate but it would have look much better.

Having said that, daaaamnn, we already got figures of the new appearance and they look pretty good. :D

Quote from: Leyster on August 22, 2020, 01:28:46 PM
Found in a thread on Baidu. I don't know if it's a knockoff or what, but it might be the first figure with an accurate tail and (probably impossible quadrupedal posture aside) it doesn't look half bad.
They take inspiration from the papo Spino (similar pose, one of the variants has extremely similar colors). But the sculpt looks 100% original (to my eye at least, and I have the Papo Spino next to me), so it cannot be cataloged as a Knock-off.

I´m definitely interested in these, the size measurements are perfect also.

Shonisaurus

I think it is not an imitation. It is a legitimate figure although the pose is very similar to the Papo but differs from it that this figure is one hundred percent scientific. I would like to know how much that figure will cost.

Loon

Looks way better than Papo's. I actually kinda dig the green one. But, that hand... The pose even makes it look like it's screaming out in pain. They have a shared pain with Papo's Chilesaurus.

Shonisaurus

I'm sure to buy that fabulous spinosaurus. The market is being flooded with uncountable brands of high-quality collectible and toy dinosaurs from China. The good example of PNSO is causing other collectible and toy dinosaur companies at the same time (since they make PVC or resin figures like PNSO). Hopefully more companies will follow suit. The pioneers are Safari / Carnegie, Papo, Schleich and Bullyland among other companies.

Flaffy

A damn shame honestly. Everything is perfect save for the head and arms sculpts, mostly the arms though.

Fenestra

Wow! If the the final product looks just as good as this ^^ picture, it sure is bang for your buck!
I really like the look of the voluminous tail.

Carnoking

Really love that gorgeous tail, but I'll echo the concerns over the hand. Wish they had kept the hands facing inwards and just used the claw(s) as a their point of contact. As is, it's got some crouching indoraptor/monster/dragon vibes which is a shame on an otherwise fairly accurate model.
Is the jaw articulated? Looks like it would be.
As far as the paint goes, one looks to be inspired by Papo's color scheme while the other looks to be inspired by PNSO's (only better, Essien's paint job was underwhelming)
Might have to get one of these!

stargatedalek

So they'll make the tail fin thicker, despite being made of thin structures, in order to justify adding crocodile scutes to it, but the sail, which was made of very broad vertebrae (shown broader still in the updated skeletals) is still as spider-webbed as ever? No thank you...

Faelrin

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 23, 2020, 03:35:49 PM
So they'll make the tail fin thicker, despite being made of thin structures, in order to justify adding crocodile scutes to it, but the sail, which was made of very broad vertebrae (shown broader still in the updated skeletals) is still as spider-webbed as ever? No thank you...

I agree with all of this. And then there's the issue with the hands and overall posture as avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy pointed out earlier on.

I do like the color schemes (even if one is entirely based off Papo's recent take), but with the issues with the anatomy I would much rather keep waiting to see CollectA or Safari Ltd put another one out, if not Eofauna or PNSO. There is also the possible issue of cost and availability, as I've never heard of this brand (unless it is new), and wouldn't know where to check beyond ebay, etc.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Is it "limited edition". If not, hot diggity dog, if i never be able to get the 2019 papo spino(which i honestly like more a little bit), atleast i got this guy. Hopefully my friend P @PlesiosaurusNessy  is able to pull it off and send me that papo spino

Concavenator

A shame about the head and the hand, otherwise it's fantastic. Would have been nice  if the sail wasn't shrink wrapped as well.

Mellow Stego

Quote from: Narutoceratops on August 23, 2020, 10:21:52 PM
A shame about the head and the hand, otherwise it's fantastic. Would have been nice  if the sail wasn't shrink wrapped as well.

What's wrong with the head? Looks fine to me.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Stegotyranno420

When will it be on amazon or urzeitshop or everything dinosaur

Skorpio V.

I feel like we're gonna have the Years of the Spinosaurus, all these top tier brands are giving me too many excuses to drain my bank account on the same genus.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.