News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Garratt-ization continues.......

Started by martin garratt, March 17, 2012, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 28, 2012, 04:34:50 PM
Stunning, stunning work on both the latest.

Same here..the Papo mods are always VERY impressive...maybe that could be a route to go for that river crossing scene of mine... eh ?  Can you pretty much alter them into any pose Martin ?

0onarcissisto0

Oooooh hooo hooo. I love the Papo mod. I love Pachyrhinosaurus, but I never liked the proportions on the Papo version. That Centrosaurus looks good though. And yeah, this might be your solution, Blade. You could easily get a few of these guys without making too many holes in your pockets.  ;D
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on April 28, 2012, 05:47:22 PM
Oooooh hooo hooo. I love the Papo mod. I love Pachyrhinosaurus, but I never liked the proportions on the Papo version. That Centrosaurus looks good though. And yeah, this might be your solution, Blade. You could easily get a few of these guys without making too many holes in your pockets.  ;D

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure the money can be better used on the base.. ;)

postsaurischian

Oh wow :o! The Centrosaurus is AWESOME!! Adorable!

BTW: Thanks, Martin for this incredibly beautiful Dunkleosteus thing. I can't tell you how much I love it :).
Thanks also to Marilyn. These transactions are always a pleasure.

Blade-of-the-Moon

That Dunkleusteus is EPIC...it feels kinda like big mutant monster shark creature..but it was REAL ! Great paint work ! ;D

martin garratt

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 28, 2012, 05:06:43 PM

Same here..the Papo mods are always VERY impressive...maybe that could be a route to go for that river crossing scene of mine... eh ?  Can you pretty much alter them into any pose Martin ?

Depends on the actual figure to start with - but more or less I can usually get the pose that I'm after

Arioch

Wondrous work on that dunkleosteus. I think green would have worked better than light blue with the head coloration, but great nonetheless.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: martin garratt on May 01, 2012, 03:40:28 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 28, 2012, 05:06:43 PM

Depends on the actual figure to start with - but more or less I can usually get the pose that I'm after

Cool. We'll have to to talk about this after the Raptor project. ;) I still need to decide on which species to portray.

0onarcissisto0

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on May 01, 2012, 08:35:53 PM
Do Centrosaurus!!!!

It's a thought..you seem them portrayed in river crossings all the time. There are a lot of impressive ceratopsians out there though.

Lady medusa

OMG!!! How in the crap do you make these mods and details look so easy???? Where or how do you make all these plants? That Dunkleosteus looks awesome! Never would had imagined using a high gloss on the body. What company or sculpter is that guy from? I know ive seen it before but cant think of where. Speaking of big monsterous fish i would love to see more prehistoric shark sculpts and im not talking megalodon. The more bizarre the better ;)!

How do you cut the plastic models apart to repose them?

martin garratt

Quote from: Lady medusa on May 10, 2012, 02:17:39 AM
OMG!!! How in the crap do you make these mods and details look so easy???? Where or how do you make all these plants? That Dunkleosteus looks awesome! Never would had imagined using a high gloss on the body. What company or sculpter is that guy from?

The Dunkleosteus was sculpted by Sean Cooper - Paleocraft.

The plants are from various sources; some are plastic aquarium plants, some I make myself.  (I'm sure there is a thread on here
showing some simple plants that I  made for Shane's T.rex and Ankylosaurus diorama)

I cut the plastic or resin models up with a knife or hacksaw to re-pose them, and re-sculpt bits and pieces onto them with milliput.  Then repaint everything.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: martin garratt on May 11, 2012, 03:54:38 PM
Quote from: Lady medusa on May 10, 2012, 02:17:39 AM
OMG!!! How in the crap do you make these mods and details look so easy???? Where or how do you make all these plants? That Dunkleosteus looks awesome! Never would had imagined using a high gloss on the body. What company or sculpter is that guy from?

The Dunkleosteus was sculpted by Sean Cooper - Paleocraft.

The plants are from various sources; some are plastic aquarium plants, some I make myself.  (I'm sure there is a thread on here
showing some simple plants that I  made for Shane's T.rex and Ankylosaurus diorama)

I cut the plastic or resin models up with a knife or hacksaw to re-pose them, and re-sculpt bits and pieces onto them with milliput.  Then repaint everything.

Dino-surgery at it's finest ! ;D

Himmapaan

I applaud you for working with Miliput, Martin. I can't stand the stuff!  :))

martin garratt

Here is the Kaiyodo Camarasaurus; I have put the Dinosaur Studio Allosaurus (sculpted by Dan LoRusso)
attacking it.

ataraxus

wow, what a great diorama!!! looks very cool!

martin garratt

Sharptooth

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

0onarcissisto0

- DK -

Dyscrasia

That dio is incredible! I think it would also look great along with SSC's Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus dio~....

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: