News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Garratt-ization continues.......

Started by martin garratt, March 17, 2012, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jeremy K9 on April 21, 2012, 01:24:47 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2012, 04:27:14 AM
^ Just what I was thinkin'...lol 

You know til I read that review of Shane's Torvo  in the new PT  I had forgot that he was going to a 1/35 Trike as well ..that could work out for me... ;D

A few of those 1/35 Triceratops could make a lovely herd diorama. I'd like to know how much this piece will cost. hmmm

Egg-xactly, ;D

( sorry was watching Son of Dinosaurs earlier..lol )

postsaurischian

:D Wow, the Shane Foulkes Triceratops is unbelievably beautiful!!!
I absolutely love it!1

martin garratt

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of something that I started to sculpt recently.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mentioned it on DA..but that Baryonyx looks really cool Martin. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

A teaser shot of a new piece Martin will working on for me.. ;D

0onarcissisto0

HOly cow!!! Is that gonna kick butt or what??!!!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on April 25, 2012, 02:37:44 AM
HOly cow!!! Is that gonna kick butt or what??!!!

I know ! Martin is going to blow our minds with it I'm sure ! ;D

Jeremy K9

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2012, 01:52:22 AM

WOW! That looks killer. Is this something Martin has built himself, or is it a pre-existing kit? Also, if this is an original piece by Martin, are there any plans to make more?  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jeremy K9 on April 25, 2012, 03:28:04 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2012, 01:52:22 AM

WOW! That looks killer. Is this something Martin has built himself, or is it a pre-existing kit? Also, if this is an original piece by Martin, are there any plans to make more?  :)

I picked it up from Gavin of myjurassicpark.com ..he also frequents JPL and the RPF as DinoCreator.  He does make casts for sale. This one Martin said would need a lot of work but he could get it in top shape... ;D  I've wanted a 1/1 JP Raptor since the movie came out..bout' time I found one eh ? lol

I plan to foam fill the back and add a pole so I can put it on a custom made display stand. I have a of faux plants to put it behind as well. ;)

Jeremy K9

I'm glad you finally found one to represent the first Jurassic Park film. I can't wait to see what Martin does with this piece.  :o

0onarcissisto0

Man, you're lucky you actually got your kit, Blade. I've read a LOOOT of negative feedback for Gavin Robinson.  :-\

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Jeremy K9 on April 25, 2012, 02:59:28 PM
I'm glad you finally found one to represent the first Jurassic Park film. I can't wait to see what Martin does with this piece.  :o

Same here ! Of course now  I need to find one for the male TLW version and then the JP3 male and female..it's a vicious cycle I tell ya ! ;)  ^-^

QuoteMan, you're lucky you actually got your kit, Blade. I've read a LOOOT of negative feedback for Gavin Robinson.  :-\

Yeah I was VERY hesitant about it. He seems to be doing better though. At least as far as member's from the RPF have said.  It was a little difficult figuring out how just to go about it, but Martin and Marilyn were a big help with that. It was good to have it shipped to him as well..from my experience a bad dealer doesn't like selling to those in his own country.  Gavin's biggest problem seems to be his need to start new projects and not finish old ones.  For every 10 his begins maybe 1 gets done.  So he gets out of materials and in over his head a bit.  Josh Hoover was the same way to an extent..he just paid bills with money intended for his pieces and then didn't have it to finish them.  Your customer has to come first if you want them back again.

0onarcissisto0

Yeah, I've heard about his issue. How long did it end up taking for you? I'm reaaaallly interested in his Lost World T-Rex bust but I don't wanna have to deal with all the frustration just to get it. And I don't have anyone in the UK to send it to...Aaaargh! Sigh...

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on April 25, 2012, 06:53:00 PM
Yeah, I've heard about his issue. How long did it end up taking for you? I'm reaaaallly interested in his Lost World T-Rex bust but I don't wanna have to deal with all the frustration just to get it. And I don't have anyone in the UK to send it to...Aaaargh! Sigh...

Took about a week after paying ..there was some issue with UPS pick up he said. 

You could have it sent to Martin for build/paint like I did. :)

0onarcissisto0

WOW! Only one week??? That's pretty damn good.

Well, the thing is that I wanna paint it myself lol. Oh well, I'll think about it.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on April 26, 2012, 02:44:36 PM
WOW! Only one week??? That's pretty damn good.

Well, the thing is that I wanna paint it myself lol. Oh well, I'll think about it.

I can understand that.  Hmm..if you didn't mind the extra shipping then you could have it sent to Martin, let him clean up and build it for you, then ship as is so you can paint it on arrival ?

If you do order be sure to get a pic before hand to prove he has it ready, then request tracking info as well no matter where it's shipped. ;)

0onarcissisto0

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2012, 05:10:57 PM

If you do order be sure to get a pic before hand to prove he has it ready, then request tracking info as well no matter where it's shipped. ;)

Yup, will do!

- DK -

martin garratt

This is the CollectA Neovenator with a few modifications:

martin garratt

This is the Papo Pachyrhinosaurus which I have altered into a Centrosaurus:

Himmapaan

Stunning, stunning work on both the latest.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: