News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your favorite dino (toy) reviewers?

Started by Sarapaurolophus, November 26, 2020, 02:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarapaurolophus

Forgive me if a topic like this already exists but the search function didn't yield results for me.
I'd like you to share your favorite or go-to toy reviewers with me. For fun and to introduce others to reviewers that are not as well known?

I personally love looking at a wide array of reviews before buying a figure. The more in-hand pics and opinions I can get of a toy the better.

Here's my list:

Kathrin's Dinoversum - Kathrin does all her reviews in German but she shows the figures in great detail from literally all angles. She collects a lot, from Jurassic Park/World to Chinasaurs to collectors items to playline figures. She also does super nice repaints she presents in time-lapse videos.

Andy's Dinosaur Reviews - probably needs no introduction ;) I especially watch him for news.

Laura Legends - she does more than just dino stuff but she collects a wide array of stuff I am interested in and does funny skits or Top Tens. Her main focus is 80s and 90s toys, which includes JP/W.

Plastic Prehistorica - I enjoy her in-depth reviews and her voice is just very soothing, which is always a plus.She started out with Allosaurs but is now showing all sorts of dinos she buys. Is she here by any chance? :D

Dino Scream Reviews - started watching him recently thanks to him reviewing a figure by Wild Past and sharing it here.

What about you?

Shonisaurus

They also make good comments on figures especially of dinosaurs from Schleich, Collecta, Bullyland and Papo on the Rupi Bolz website.

It is also a pretty good dinosaur video page is Dino Arte, this one comes in Spanish.

There is also another pretty cool dinosaur video page which is the Killershrewfan page.

Gwangi

I don't really watch a lot of dinosaur toy reviews, preferring to just come here or read reviews on the DTB, but I do subscribe to a few. I regularly watch Dino Scream Reviews, Laura Legends, Jurassic Plastic, and Jurassic Collectables.

bmathison1972

I prefer reviewers on DTF and DTB, especially people like avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and others that have professional paleontological experience. avatar_suspsy @suspsy is also one of my favorites due to his detailed, in-depth reviews and thorough research

Wallnut

My favorite one is Andy's dinosaur rewiews of course.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 26, 2020, 04:35:39 PM
They also make good comments on figures especially of dinosaurs from Schleich, Collecta, Bullyland and Papo on the Rupi Bolz website.

I watch him on occasion but often on mute :)) No hate towards Rupi, but let's just say I don't always share his energy. He tends to negatively rant on a particular topic a lot. I was born and raised in the region Rupi hails from and he is the embodiment of "bruddelig". I have a lot of respect for him for not monetizing his videos, though. He is not trying to profit off of his more divisive opinions.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 26, 2020, 05:45:11 PM
I prefer reviewers on DTF and DTB, especially people like avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and others that have professional paleontological experience. avatar_suspsy @suspsy is also one of my favorites due to his detailed, in-depth reviews and thorough research

I mix it up. I go to the blog to know more about the animals but I can get the best visual impressions from watching someone move and hold the figure in real time.

Halichoeres

Very flattered to be mentioned here, but I should note that my formal training in paleontology is pretty cursory. My professional expertise is in extant fishes. When it comes to dinosaurs, I learn a lot from the collective knowledge of other forum members.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Baryonyx

For YouTube reviewers my favourites are:

Dino Scream Reviews
Jurassic Plastic 
Plastic Prehistorica
DinosDragons (whose videos on the new PNSOs I came across)

They all balance paleontological/other contextual info with showcasing the model itself which makes their discussion of the detail and anatomy etc feel insightful and all the more worthwhile. I think Dino Scream does his comparisons particularly well and as someone newer to dinosaur model collecting I also appreciate the videos and references to older, retired or classic lines and individual models which Dino Scream and Jurassic Plastic do quite a bit of.  :))

Dinoxels

My favorite review channels are:
Bioniclesaurus (when he reviews stuff)
Spinodude
Dino Scream Reviews
Killershrewfan's Killer Toy Reviews
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Gwangi

Not technically a review channel but I thought that I should shout out Your Dinosaurs Are Wrong, which is just one of the best dinosaur channels on Youtube, period.

SidB

Recently discovered DinosDragons on YouTube. Definitely my go to person on that source now.

Stegotyranno420

B @Bokisaurus: really good at showing good photography and comparisons
A @Andysdinosaurreviews he is very underrated, it's kind of annoying seeing people picking on him and using him as a scapegoat, even though he (is in my opinion) better than most out there, and he listens to his audience. He is a good friend, probably one of my best friends, helpful, and his camera always looks so natural, and makes the figures look much better than the "professional " videos

Dusty Wren

Quote from: SidB on June 21, 2021, 05:42:14 AM
Recently discovered DinosDragons on YouTube. Definitely my go to person on that source now.

Yeah, he's my go-to now, too. Great editing, great writing, and I love how much research he does. Also, he doesn't feel the need to talk for the entire video--sometimes, he just pans the camera over the figure and lets you look at the details without commentary. I appreciate that in video reviews.
Check out my customs thread!

Andysdinosaurreviews

Thank you so much to anyone who mentioned my channel. I GREATLY appreciate anyone who even takes a chance on my channel. It means the world to me!

Also a special thank you to avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 for the UNBELIEVABLY kind words. Thank you my friend!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Dusty Wren on June 21, 2021, 12:21:31 PM
Quote from: SidB on June 21, 2021, 05:42:14 AM

Yeah, he's my go-to now, too. Great editing, great writing, and I love how much research he does. Also, he doesn't feel the need to talk for the entire video--sometimes, he just pans the camera over the figure and lets you look at the details without commentary. I appreciate that in video reviews.

I absolutely second that. He does wonderful Work.

I mostly use these as Reference how a Figure is. I am not writing about the one i do not like, because this does not help anybody and is completely subjective.

D @Dino Scream3232 has the best overall cozyness, if that makes sense. I really enjoy your stuff! Keep it up. Also the best Comparisonshots to me :)
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking is also in my Sub box and you get more and more professional. Thanks for the Video on the Sue Trip btw.! I will hardly see her in reality during this life^^
A @Andysdinosaurreviews Fells like you are having almost every Dinosaur Figures that comes out :D Also quite early. Absolutely handy. Also i appreciate the way of not being a "Youtuber". Thank you for that.

I also watch Plastic Prehistorica, but i do not know if she is here. (Also because i prefer to listen to british english, but pshht.)
I am well aware of all the other Reviewers and also the ones that are here. But then again i can say, that i watch them too, but not that regular. That has nothing to do with the Quality of the Videos or Reviews. Moreover it is just more regular, when there is a new Video every day ^^

ED and our very own Dr. Admin make very good Videos aswell.

I am sorry if i forgot someone.

When it comes to Reviews in General, i really enjoy the Reviews on the Blog. That does not mean, the other are bad, but i really really like B @Bokisaurus' Reviews. No more words are needed :D

Overall, i prefer Pictures and Text, but watching Video Reviews of Dinosaur Figures or Animal Figures in general, has become somekind of a Daily routine to me. I check them daily. Quite a Hobby :D Next to the Big Pile of other Hobbys. Halp. :D

PS: Sorry for the amount of Emojis. This happens automaticly. I do not like Emojis and always just use Emoticons like " : D " but yeah. Boards do Boardstuff i guess.

Moreover, of co

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs if you don't want smileys, you can turn them off in attachments and other options when typing a message.  :) :D
P.S. it works for me atleast

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 03, 2021, 02:39:23 PM
avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs if you don't want smileys, you can turn them off in attachments and other options when typing a message.  :) :D
P.S. it works for me atleast

Oh wow. I never even considered clicking on that. :D
Thanks a lot.

Bokisaurus

Awww, thanks avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 and avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs for the kind words, much appreciated! Glad you guys enjoy my reviews 😃

GojiraGuy1954

I used to like Jurassic Collectables, but then he stopped making his own content and somebody else basically runs the channel now
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.