News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on January 02, 2021, 03:46:52 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 02, 2021, 02:20:09 PM
I like this one a lot but it certainly won't be a priority. My collection already has 6 Carnotaurus in it, including the fantastic sculpts by Doug Watson and Forest Rogers. Disappointed that it wasn't a different abelisaur.

Yeah, if this had been Majungasaurus or Rajasaurus, I'd have immediately snapped it up.

Indeed. A shame too since the mini versions of the Abelisaurus and Indosuchus could really use a glow-up in the form of a larger model ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like this one a lot but it certainly won't be a priority. My collection already has 6 Carnotaurus in it, including the fantastic sculpts by Doug Watson and Forest Rogers. Disappointed that it wasn't a different abelisaur.

Yeah, if this had been Majungasaurus or Rajasaurus, I'd have immediately snapped it up.

Agreed. Really would like a nice Majungasaurus already.

Wallnut

An Arcovenator would be cool for 2022.

Carnoking

Let it be the year of the carnotaurus!

And perhaps there will be more abelisaurids in the trend of PNSO making three related figures??

I will say, I wonder what this does for the rest of the teased releases. There was allosaurus, parasaurolophus, torosaurus, pachycephalosaurus and that one tyrannosaur (did I forget one), but only about four weeks till February. Maybe it won't be ending so soon...

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: Flaffy on January 02, 2021, 04:17:57 PM

Indeed. A shame too since the mini versions of the Abelisaurus and Indosuchus could really use a glow-up in the form of a larger model ;)
I think they will eventually just looking at their previous releases which are mostly larger scaled species that the minis already had done so I'd say by the end of the  Abelisaurus and Majungasaurus will probably be done.

stargatedalek

Not a fan of the style of the past few reveals, it seems like PNSO is backpedalling a bit and leaning back into the style they used for the "Museum line" (smaller figures with bases).

Renecito

Awesome, I like that Carnotaurus!!! But I place it third behind Carnegie's one (2011) and CollectA's one at the moment. I need to see more pictures.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on January 02, 2021, 05:27:43 PM
Let it be the year of the carnotaurus!

And perhaps there will be more abelisaurids in the trend of PNSO making three related figures??

I will say, I wonder what this does for the rest of the teased releases. There was allosaurus, parasaurolophus, torosaurus, pachycephalosaurus and that one tyrannosaur (did I forget one), but only about four weeks till February. Maybe it won't be ending so soon...
I honestly think the February rumor could be extended till March. To me, PNSO are random when releasing figures, not in a negative way at all. I mean,  no one was expecting this Carnotaurus, and we have all these other "rumors" or slight reveals of other future figures. Besides the ones you have named, Edmontonia was slightly revealed quite a bit ago but still no further images revealed. As a result, this leads me to think that PNSO will be releasing figures for a bit longer than anticipated and who knows what else they have planned for the future.

Bread

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 02, 2021, 06:00:00 PM
it seems like PNSO is backpedalling a bit and leaning back into the style they used for the "Museum line" (smaller figures with bases).
I disagree about "backpedalling." If they really are backpedalling, there would be quite a noticeable amount of people pointing this out. It seems like they are progressing into a company favored by many, I mean they release a new figure every other week or even earlier than that, so they definitely have to be progressing and growing as a company. I do understand where you are coming from, especially since they seem to be using similar color schemes with recent figures. Again, to each their own opinion.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Bread on January 02, 2021, 06:20:08 PM
it seems like PNSO is backpedalling a bit and leaning back into the style they used for the "Museum line" (smaller figures with bases).
I disagree about "backpedalling." If they really are backpedalling, there would be quite a noticeable amount of people pointing this out. It seems like they are progressing into a company favored by many, I mean they release a new figure every other week or even earlier than that, so they definitely have to be progressing and growing as a company. I do understand where you are coming from, especially since they seem to be using similar color schemes with recent figures. Again, to each their own opinion.

Yeah, I share your sentiments. I guess PNSO has now reached a different level so the expectations and standards are different compared to the other toy brands.

The use of similar colors especially when they are part of the same year released are pretty common, just look at all the new for threads and you will see the similarities in color choices for the majority of figures. And no other toy brand does colors like PNSO, the application is just amazing!

Love this figure, very impressive and well detailed, easily my favorite (bumping down CollectA😂) .
Can't wait to get it.

Stegotyranno420

Same here, especially if it was the Rajasaurus or Indosuchus.

Carnoking

SidB

Definitely a buy for me, once the five in transit reach my door, or at least most of them (including one since early November). No harm in waiting.

Wallnut

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 02, 2021, 06:30:32 PM

Yeah, I share your sentiments. I guess PNSO has now reached a different level so the expectations and standards are different compared to the other toy brands.

The use of similar colors especially when they are part of the same year released are pretty common, just look at all the new for threads and you will see the similarities in color choices for the majority of figures. And no other toy brand does colors like PNSO, the application is just amazing!

Love this figure, very impressive and well detailed, easily my favorite (bumping down CollectA😂) .
Can't wait to get it.

My 2th favorite carno my favorite one is carnegie collecta and safari are sharing the 3th place if they realese a carnotosaurus for their scientific art model line I will be happy.

stargatedalek

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant the sculpting style and designs of the creatures specifically is backpedalling in the last few releases, not that PNSO as a company is backpedalling. They started over with a completely fresh new style last year and now they're leaning back into their previous sculpting style with the oversized scales, combining that with the new release format.

Bread

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 02, 2021, 07:40:19 PM
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant the sculpting style and designs of the creatures specifically is backpedalling in the last few releases, not that PNSO as a company is backpedalling. They started over with a completely fresh new style last year and now they're leaning back into their previous sculpting style with the oversized scales, combining that with the new release format.
Ahhh yes, understandable. It was also my bad for the assumption as well. I agree about the over sized scales similar to that of their museum line. If you look at PNSO's Yangchuanosaurus, it is quite similar to recent sculpts, especially their new therapods.

Sim

Finally PNSO is focusing on theropods!  I hope they keep it up.  I like this new Carnotaurus.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Sim on January 02, 2021, 08:43:03 PM
Finally PNSO is focusing on theropods!  I hope they keep it up.  I like this new Carnotaurus.
Indeed, and they seemed to fulfill your wish of abelisaurs if I'm not mistaken

Sim

Yes, PNSO made the abelisaur I wished they would make!

PhilSauria

Since October we've had Hadrosaurs, Ceratopsians, Nodosaurs, Stegosauridae and Therapods, so in regard to my collecting bias I'm wondering if we'll see some Sauropods before the end of February.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: