News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Out of interest why would you wish specially for Carnotaurus? Especially since it's the most likely Abelisaurid to make anyway?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

I don't have a Carnotaurus I'm happy with and I'd like to have one.  That's why I wished for a Carnotaurus.

Andre

Quote from: PhilSauria on January 02, 2021, 09:48:58 PM
Since October we've had Hadrosaurs, Ceratopsians, Nodosaurs, Stegosauridae and Therapods, so in regard to my collecting bias I'm wondering if we'll see some Sauropods before the end of February.

I agree! And would be great to see a pterosaur from PNSO, as well.. fingers crossed..

Andre

Is the Carnotaurus available in AliExpress yet?

Shonisaurus

That carnotaurus by PNSO is perhaps by far the best carnotaurus figure ever made by a toy dinosaur brand, even surpassing its Collecta counterpart and the Safari brand.

The color palette that they have added to the figure is very vivid and the details of the body are out of the ordinary.

However, I would have liked a rajasaurus or a majungasaurus more, that abelisaurid species are undervalued and yet the carnotaurus is overrepresented.

SenSx

I still prefer my Nanmu Carnotaurus over the new PNSO or any other on the market.
It does not seem to be mentionned at all here.
I know it is based on JW, I don't know how accurate or inaccurate it really is, and would appreciate the pros to enlighten me, but I don't see anything drastically jarring compare to other models.

So yes, that PNSO carnotaurus is a pass for me.

Now if they had to make Sauropods as mentionned before, I'd love a Bajadasaurus.
there aren't much figures of it since it's a very recent discovery, but I find that specie so swag, beating Amargasaurus at it.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 02, 2021, 11:52:59 PM
That carnotaurus by PNSO is perhaps by far the best carnotaurus figure ever made by a toy dinosaur brand, even surpassing its Collecta counterpart and the Safari brand.

The color palette that they have added to the figure is very vivid and the details of the body are out of the ordinary.

However, I would have liked a rajasaurus or a majungasaurus more, that abelisaurid species are undervalued and yet the carnotaurus is overrepresented.
It's great to see more and more people are appreciating this obscure species. It makes me feel less strange and more in the group

Bread

I'd love to see some sauropods from PNSO, but my issue would be the size of the figure. The price would be pretty high as well as taking up quite a bit of shelf space....

I'd like to see some feathered dinosaurs from them. Therizinosaurus would be nice, since we do not have a definitive figure of this genus yet.

Carnoking

The nanmu carnotaurus is actually one of Nanmu's offering that does a pretty decent job existing as both a scientific model and a pop culture inspired piece. I mean, it does help that as far as Jurassic creatures go, the carnotaurus is one of the better offerings, but there are still some obvious issues like the shrink wrapping, the arms are jointed, and the skin detail isn't quite right in terms of what we know. But beyond checking off the basic boxes, it also does some spot on stuff. For example, they did capture the massive tail trunk, which is a detail PNSO seems to have missed!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on January 03, 2021, 12:45:26 AM
I'd love to see some sauropods from PNSO, but my issue would be the size of the figure. The price would be pretty high as well as taking up quite a bit of shelf space....

I'd like to see some feathered dinosaurs from them. Therizinosaurus would be nice, since we do not have a definitive figure of this genus yet.
They could make it super hollow so it takes as little weight and money as possible

Faelrin

Lol why did I just notice the "Run big guy" on the Carnotaurus pics just now. I love that. Now I gotta check to see if the other PNSO promo pics had messages like these.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Wallnut

Quote from: Faelrin on January 03, 2021, 04:05:56 AM
Lol why did I just notice the "Run big guy" on the Carnotaurus pics just now. I love that. Now I gotta check to see if the other PNSO promo pics had messages like these.

Well I notice that too but I don't say anything about it because it wasn't interesting people who read the photos probably notice that.

RaptorRex

Liking all of the Theropod reveals! I am eagerly awaiting the Allosaurus reveal!

empire3569

Carnotaurus is available now on Amazon!

Carnoking

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RY3SLZT?pf_rd_r=HP51C7NHPKTNQBGRWQCV&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&th=1

Was just about to post the link!

Looks like it's another one that comes with a transparent rod for support (not surprised) and it has an articulated jaw! I did not expect that at all, I gotta say the seams of the joint are incredibly well hidden!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I thought the join in the jaw was quite obvious, though does not detract from the beauty of the sculpt.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

Another inaccuracy of the Nanmu Carnotaurus is that the horns are placed behind the eyes instead of above the eyes.  I think it's too eary to tell if the PNSO Carnotaurus doesn't have a wide enough tail base, the PNSO Ceratosaurus has a very thick tail base.  Speaking of the PNSO Ceratosaurus, I wonder if PNSO will be releasing a Ceratosaurus for their mid-size line.  I noticed that the last three figures have all been species that were also chosen for PNSO's head portrait series: https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Scientific-Sculptures-Desktop-T-Rex/dp/B07JNF4GGD?th=1

Yangchuanosaurus and Triceratops already have medium-sized fgures available in the musuem line, so the only one left without a medium-sized figure now is Ceratosaurus.  I hope PNSO releases a Ceratosaurus for their medium-sized line!  Like Carnotaurus, I don't have a Ceratosaurus I'm happy with and I'd like to have one!

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim I agree with you the Ceratosaurus. Would love a mid sized one from them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

I would like to know if there is another cheaper means or rather an online store where they can sell this figure at a more affordable price for example Aliexpress and without shipping costs.

KeU

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: