News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Now that I have seen more pics of it, I must say I love it!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Flaffy

While I appreciate the diagonal thickness of the tail; I'm not so sure about those teeth...

Faelrin

Yeah the teeth look painted pretty poorly, unfortunately. I still have mixed feeling about the proportions even from the top view. I suppose I should wait for video reviews of this for a better idea.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Sim on January 03, 2021, 06:02:25 PM
Another inaccuracy of the Nanmu Carnotaurus is that the horns are placed behind the eyes instead of above the eyes.  I think it's too eary to tell if the PNSO Carnotaurus doesn't have a wide enough tail base, the PNSO Ceratosaurus has a very thick tail base.  Speaking of the PNSO Ceratosaurus, I wonder if PNSO will be releasing a Ceratosaurus for their mid-size line.  I noticed that the last three figures have all been species that were also chosen for PNSO's head portrait series: https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Scientific-Sculptures-Desktop-T-Rex/dp/B07JNF4GGD?th=1

Yangchuanosaurus and Triceratops already have medium-sized fgures available in the musuem line, so the only one left without a medium-sized figure now is Ceratosaurus.  I hope PNSO releases a Ceratosaurus for their medium-sized line!  Like Carnotaurus, I don't have a Ceratosaurus I'm happy with and I'd like to have one!
I agree wholeheartedly about Ceratosurus. I've been flip flopping about between Safari and Papo, and the CollectA but ultimately I would prefer something better. Though I hope for a little Chinese sauropod more.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

I honestly see that it has a jointed jaw, which I have not noticed in the first promotional photos, that says a lot in its favor since the seams on the head do not feel much, for example.

On the other hand, the teeth as pointed out in the thread are not correctly painted, but that can be easily fixed by repainting them.

In short, for me it is the best toy figure sculpture of a carnotaurus that exists on the market today. It is by far the best abelisauride made on the toy market.

I can't comment on the position of the horns since unfortunately I don't understand anything about paleontology even though I read books.

SenSx

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 03, 2021, 09:32:49 PM
Quote from: Sim on January 03, 2021, 06:02:25 PM
Another inaccuracy of the Nanmu Carnotaurus is that the horns are placed behind the eyes instead of above the eyes.  I think it's too eary to tell if the PNSO Carnotaurus doesn't have a wide enough tail base, the PNSO Ceratosaurus has a very thick tail base.  Speaking of the PNSO Ceratosaurus, I wonder if PNSO will be releasing a Ceratosaurus for their mid-size line.  I noticed that the last three figures have all been species that were also chosen for PNSO's head portrait series: https://www.amazon.com/PNSO-Scientific-Sculptures-Desktop-T-Rex/dp/B07JNF4GGD?th=1

Yangchuanosaurus and Triceratops already have medium-sized fgures available in the musuem line, so the only one left without a medium-sized figure now is Ceratosaurus.  I hope PNSO releases a Ceratosaurus for their medium-sized line!  Like Carnotaurus, I don't have a Ceratosaurus I'm happy with and I'd like to have one!
I agree wholeheartedly about Ceratosurus. I've been flip flopping about between Safari and Papo, and the CollectA but ultimately I would prefer something better. Though I hope for a little Chinese sauropod more.

I don't know how accurate the Nanmu Ceratosaurus is, but it definitely is my favorite right now.

Stegotyranno420

Dont know why but the more i look at it the less i want it. But this was the case with Safari Baryonyx , started strong , but the more i saw the promo the more worried i became until i saw Loons in hand photograph . i hope to see some review pics. Also, i kind of want a dilo or lilliensternus by pnso

Sim

I hope the Carnotaurus's teeth are painted better on the final product.

Bread

Really liking the Carnotaurus, will probably be purchasing this one.
Wonder why the comparisons always use the Pachyrhinosaurus out of all their figures? Not that there is anything wrong with the figure, just curious.

Andre

Can't find the Carno on AliExpress yet.. anyone has a link to it?

suspsy

Say avatar_Takama @Takama or a mod, how about adding the Carnotaurus images to the OP?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: Andre on January 04, 2021, 02:11:09 PM
Can't find the Carno on AliExpress yet.. anyone has a link to it?
Not yet, I have noticed that new releases take a few days to become available on Aliexpress. Someone will post a link once it is available, don't worry. ;)

RaptorRex

For US customers: Dan's Dinosaurs has the Carnotaurus on sale for $26.99 until tomorrow.

https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/carnotaurus-by-pnso/

KeU

On hand pics of the Carnotaurus from the Chinese forums.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7181614459
I am pretty concerned about the teeth.

Bread

Thanks for the images!

The final product looks pretty similar to the promotional images in terms of paint. Seems like this figure can balance well without the rod, but we'll see.

SidB

Sim

Thanks for the link avatar_KeU @KeU!  The teeth look better to me here.

Carnoking

SidB

Quote from: Sim on January 03, 2021, 10:48:52 PM
I hope the Carnotaurus's teeth are painted better on the final product.
Definitely, but if not, this can be readily corrected, of course.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 02, 2021, 03:28:36 PM
The too big scales will be on every new Theropd Figure i guess, and i am okay with that. I think it is also a creative desicion, because these Figures aren't that big ( In General ), so he sculpted them a bit exaggerated to create a more detailed looking Figure. Like using a hefty wash with drybrushing on a Figure to create more Depth. In Nature, Animals are not washed with dark Colour and Highlights, of course. So i would say, that they chose to use bigger scales to make their Figures interesting for a broader range of customers.

Thumbs up!
PNSO's "dream and vision for children" also makes it clear what target audience they are aimed at. The little stories that come with every dino figure are always included and they always teach something about the animal to children.
I am not going to judge the 10-40$ figures like they are museum maquettes or resin kits. They are still toys. Very well researched toys but that doesn't negate a bit of flashiness and fantasy.

I am quite happy PNSO keeps on mixing new/obscure species with more known ones. Not interested in getting the Carnotaurus but it's a pretty cool looking, streamlined figure. Slender Carni is good Carni.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: