News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

We are also in dire need of a new Megatherium. The humble Safari "Giant Sloth" from 2004 is still presently the best one.

And as I have mentioned many times in the past, I'm dying for a top notch toy of Arctotherium. It's only the biggest known bear and the biggest known carnivorous land mammal, after all! CollectA or EoFauna would probably do the best job, as megafauna is decidedly what they're best at, but a PNSO one would probably also be fantastic.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dusty Wren

Quote from: suspsy on December 28, 2020, 07:29:33 PM
And as I have mentioned many times in the past, I'm dying for a top notch toy of Arctotherium. It's only the biggest known bear and the biggest known carnivorous land mammal, after all! CollectA or EoFauna would probably do the best job, as megafauna is decidedly what they're best at, but a PNSO one would probably also be fantastic.

Yesssss, this! Why oh why are there no short-faced bears on the market? I would jump on an Arctotherium from any one of those companies.

Also, related, why is there no love for extinct giraffids? Sivatherium, Bramatherium, Giraffokeryx, Palaeotragus, Decennatherium, Samotherium--there are so many good candidates for figures. Since PNSO seems to go for some less-common species, I keep hoping they'll decide to branch out into extinct ungulates.
Check out my customs thread!

Stegotyranno420

As an Indian kid who wants more Indian species on the market, I can confirm we need a Shivatherium

Bread

Honestly, I see PNSO sticking to dinosaurs, but would be great for other obscure prehistoric animals to get some attention.

I am hoping they make larger figures of their minis. It seems like they are somewhat doing that, but who knows. But an Alioramus would be nice ;D

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on December 28, 2020, 08:32:28 PM
Honestly, I see PNSO sticking to dinosaurs, but would be great for other obscure prehistoric animals to get some attention.

I am hoping they make larger figures of their minis. It seems like they are somewhat doing that, but who knows. But an Alioramus would be nice ;D
Hey, how about a Yutyrannus? Or a dacentrurus? Maybe try doing some invertebrates like omnidens and pterygotus

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 28, 2020, 08:35:58 PM

Hey, how about a Yutyrannus? Or a dacentrurus? Maybe try doing some invertebrates like omnidens and pterygotus
I'd love a Yutyrannus, but I rather have a species not yet made/updated in quite a while. Safari's Yutyrannus is pretty good for now.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on December 28, 2020, 10:02:32 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on December 28, 2020, 08:35:58 PM

I'd love a Yutyrannus, but I rather have a species not yet made/updated in quite a while. Safari's Yutyrannus is pretty good for now.
Rajasaurus or Indosuchus?

Bread

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno I wouldn't mind any species you have named. It all comes out to whether the price is right or if the figure looks good, PNSO never seems to fall short of their sculpts.

Flaffy

Quote from: Bread on December 28, 2020, 11:56:12 PM
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno I wouldn't mind any species you have named. It all comes out to whether the price is right or if the figure looks good, PNSO never seems to fall short of their sculpts.
Looks over to the high-arched/dome-backed Sauropelta

Bread

Quote from: Flaffy on December 28, 2020, 11:58:15 PM
I agree that the Sauropelta's posture is off putting, that's why I passed on the figure, it is certainly not a bad sculpt or figure. If I were to even consider a sculpt of PNSO's to fall short it would be their Stegosaurus.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on December 29, 2020, 12:26:02 AM
I agree that the Sauropelta's posture is off putting, that's why I passed on the figure, it is certainly not a bad sculpt or figure. If I were to even consider a sculpt of PNSO's to fall short it would be their Stegosaurus.
Why does the stegosaurus always get such bad fate. In pop culture, in battles, in toy form

Halichoeres

See also: the limb proportions on Tuojiangosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Carnoking

So based on what I've seen floating around, if the whole "new figure every week until February" is true, then we can expect an Edmontonia which kind of got a reveal already, as well as the Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Zhuchengtyrannus, and potentially a Torosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus that have all been teased. Am I pretty near the mark with that?

Andre

Quote from: Carnoking on December 29, 2020, 10:27:12 PM
So based on what I've seen floating around, if the whole "new figure every week until February" is true, then we can expect an Edmontonia which kind of got a reveal already, as well as the Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Zhuchengtyrannus, and potentially a Torosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus that have all been teased. Am I pretty near the mark with that?

Well, it's 5 more weeks (counting this one) until February. I don't know if all new figures will be from the mid-size range, or if there will be more from the museum line, like the t-rex (still don't understand that, but....). We still have a gap with #36 and #37 on the mid-size line, so at least two of the pending reveals should be there.

SenSx

As far as size goes, I still don't understand why their Corythosaurus is significally bigger than their Lambeosaurus since they are supposed to be about the same.
I guess the Corythosaurus is the one a bit too big for 1/35, but I don't know what to expect from the Parasaurolophus now...

Mattyonyx

I think that the Qianzhousaurus is a game-changer: the promotional Poster showed the Diorama version, then a completely new sculpt came out. So, Although we can guess the next entries, it will be interesting to see how they look.

Bread

Quote from: Andre on December 29, 2020, 11:53:49 PM

Well, it's 5 more weeks (counting this one) until February. I don't know if all new figures will be from the mid-size range, or if there will be more from the museum line, like the t-rex (still don't understand that, but....). We still have a gap with #36 and #37 on the mid-size line, so at least two of the pending reveals should be there.
I think both of you are on point. 5 figures, 5 weeks, and hopefully this is true. But remember, rumor has it that there will be vinyl figures as well this year, so hold on to your wallets.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Bread on December 30, 2020, 01:44:12 AM
Quote from: Andre on December 29, 2020, 11:53:49 PM

I think both of you are on point. 5 figures, 5 weeks, and hopefully this is true. But remember, rumor has it that there will be vinyl figures as well this year, so hold on to your wallets.

I like vinyl figures, in fact I bought the ophtalmosaurus last year it is a figure that is super outstanding, but in my case if they release vinyl figures PNSO they will have to convince me a lot of said figures to collect them. They are very pretty but unfortunately they take up too much space.

KeU

Quote from: SenSx on December 30, 2020, 12:06:06 AM
As far as size goes, I still don't understand why their Corythosaurus is significally bigger than their Lambeosaurus since they are supposed to be about the same.
I guess the Corythosaurus is the one a bit too big for 1/35, but I don't know what to expect from the Parasaurolophus now...
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5276.msg275587#msg275587
Here's my rough calculation on both their scales.
Take it will a pinch of salt.
Not sure if the size estimates of the actual animals are correct or up to date.

SenSx

Quote from: KeU on December 30, 2020, 09:31:50 PM
Quote from: SenSx on December 30, 2020, 12:06:06 AM
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5276.msg275587#msg275587
Here's my rough calculation on both their scales.
Take it will a pinch of salt.
Not sure if the size estimates of the actual animals are correct or up to date.

Ok thanks that's reassuring.
Can't wait for the Parasaurolophus !
I also wonder what size their rumored Pachycephalosaurus will have.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: