News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Subduction on May 29, 2021, 06:38:45 PM
I haven't been posting but I've been keeping a close eye on this thread. And I have to say, PNSO have been releasing so many wonderful figures. I can't wait to buy the Yutyrannus and Carcharodontosaurus figures especially!

The Kronosaurus looks absolutely gorgeous. I wonder how feasible it would be to fix the tail and fluke. Because according to what I've read, those are the biggest problems. It just looks so great and I'd love to have it in my collection. :)

I don't think it needs fixing, it's a unique take on the creature and I don't mind speculative visions of prehistoric creatures, even if I think them unlikely. :)

Bokisaurus

Wow, what an impressive Kronosaurus model! There is nothing like it. I love the colors and how natural it looks.
I have no issues with the speculative nature of the tail, in fact I like it.
It makes the figure unique and really sets it apart from all the others out there.
With a few good Krono figures already out there, it's nice to get one with something new and unexpected to offer.
I'm really excited about this one😃

SidB

Sooo good to get these last two positives. Yes, nothing wrong with a few islands of speculation in a sea of striving for scientific accuracy. A bit of conjectural thinking to spice up the main course of probable scientific orthodoxy.

triceratops83

As great as all the recent Pliosaurs have been - this PNSO one, the Liopleurodon and Kronosaurus from Safari, the Pliosaurus and Kronosaurus from CollectA, I have to say in my eyes, no one ever topped the Invicta Pliosaur. I still think that it is perfect sculpt.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Subduction

Quote from: SidB on May 30, 2021, 02:23:00 AM
Sooo good to get these last two positives. Yes, nothing wrong with a few islands of speculation in a sea of striving for scientific accuracy. A bit of conjectural thinking to spice up the main course of probable scientific orthodoxy.

That's fair. I apologize if my post seemed negative or critical. Because I really do love the Kronosaurus figure. I just try to collect as scientifically accurate as possible figures. But I'm not snobbish about it either. I just couldn't help but notice people kept commenting on how the tail's inaccurate. I don't own the Safari or CollectA version yet. So, I'd love to make this upcoming figure the Kronosaurus in my collection. It's so good and full of detail.

stargatedalek

The tail flukes are speculative, or at least their horizontal placement is, the length though is not speculative but actively incorrect and it's important to differentiate speculation from actively incorrect elements.

I would say the teeth are the worst offender though, as that's where it actively pushes a misconception that is already very pervasive.

SidB

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 30, 2021, 06:21:29 AM
The tail flukes are speculative, or at least their horizontal placement is, the length though is not speculative but actively incorrect and it's important to differentiate speculation from actively incorrect elements.

I would say the teeth are the worst offender though, as that's where it actively pushes a misconception that is already very pervasive.
Good point. It is essential to distinguish between speculative elements that are within the bounds of possibility, however remote, AND those speculative elements that are impossible.

sauroid

sorry to interrupt the Kronosaurus discussion but, are there further info regarding the Triceratops/Torosaurus figure? is it really indeed an upcoming PNSO release?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

No one presently knows what the status of that Triceratops is. Hopefully there'll be an official reveal soon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Andre

Still on "any news".. anyone knows when Carcharodontosaurus will be avilable at AliExpress? I still can't see it..

SRF

Quote from: Andre on May 30, 2021, 04:08:12 PM
Still on "any news".. anyone knows when Carcharodontosaurus will be avilable at AliExpress? I still can't see it..

In June. So not before next Tuesday.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on May 30, 2021, 04:00:54 PM
No one presently knows what the status of that Triceratops is. Hopefully there'll be an official reveal soon.
I hope this Triceratops/Torosaurus does not get the same treatment as the Edmontonia as that genus received the same reveal treatment but never applied further information on the figure.

Wow, was gone for a few days to only come back to these amazing reveals! I don't collect prehistoric marine reptiles but the Kronosaurus is quite nice. The Triceratops/Torosaurus is quite nice too, but I'll wait to see in hand images. I really do love Safari's Triceratops, and prefer it as the ideal figure for the genus; however again I'll wait for in hand images.

I am still waiting for the Stegosaurus family and Yutyrannus. Two most desired figures for me atm.

SidB

I'd like the PNSO triceratops too as a companion for the old Doyle, however, like you avatar_Bread @Bread , I'm a big fan of the Safari, which I have. But another option is to get another Safari and do a PNSO - style repaint on it. Fun thought.

Takama

Added Rook ,Bieber, and Jeff to the first post.

Classified them as Museum Line models Since they seem to be marketed the same way as the 2020 Wilson

modelnut

Quote from: SidB on May 30, 2021, 11:48:19 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on May 30, 2021, 06:21:29 AM

Good point. It is essential to distinguish between speculative elements that are within the bounds of possibility, however remote, AND those speculative elements that are impossible.

It looks like an easy correction. At least, superficially. Chop off the tail and add a better one.

The body forward of the hips looks very much like the art of Manual Gil Jaramillo: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RmvJr

- Leelan

SRF

Paleofiguras posted some news on the Yutyrannus and Stegosaurus on their Facebook page.

First some in hand pictures of the Yutyrannus!

They also stated that the Stegosaurus has a price tag of $66,99. That's the same as the initial price of Wilson (which has now actually gone up to $69,99 in their Amazon store). I just checked PNSO's Amazon store and the Stegosaurus is indeed available there for that price.

That's a little expensive if you ask me, but of course we're actually getting two figures for this price. I may still purchase it, but in that case I guess maybe that also would strengthen my idea to skip the Carcharodontosaurus, for now at least. ::)
But today, I'm just being father

Concavenator

First pics of the actual Yutyrannus figure are up on Baidu (Paleofiguras shows them too).
It is very beautiful. However, I find the pose to be a little hard to understand, I am not sure what it's meant to represent. Running, chasing after something? What do you think?

Oh, and also, now that I have seen more in hand pics of the Carcharodontosaurus, my opinion has changed, I must say I like it. When the model was announced, I thought it was very good, but then, when the first in person pics were showed, it was appearing too wrinkly to my eyes. However, the final released version looks way nicer in my opinion, and that's what really matters. It's hard to say which is better out of the PNSO and the GR versions. Franky, I think we have been completely spamed with gorgeous figures since last year, and not only from  PNSO, but rather generally speaking. This situation comes as a (welcome  >:D) torture for collectors like me who are slow and don't buy a lot of figures, I have to choose very carefully. However, amongst all the amazing new pieces that are appearing, this PNSO Yutyrannus comes as a must have for me.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: modelnut on May 30, 2021, 11:46:17 PM

It looks like an easy correction. At least, superficially. Chop off the tail and add a better one.

Thought the same. But it is an expensive one.

avatar_SRF @SRF 0:  Thanks you for that. I really can't wait for it. Reminds me just a bit of the Papo Acro.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator The Yutyrannus is not in a fast moving situation (to me, and feetwise). At least not positionchanging wise. It Stands (Maybe at a Carcass?) and gives a Signal to something else in that Direction. Maybe a Warning?

Of course, i could think: Wait, that looks not very dominant, with the Head that low and the Tail that high? It is not a recent Animal and Birds nowadays do weird stuff sometimes.

At least thats my interpretation. The whole Body is on high tension. That left leg was was set in the ground quite slow and cautious.

On the other Hand it could be slowly walking in the direction of a Carcass, another Yutyrannus / Predator or something like that, showing the wide open Mouth as a warning. OR it could be submissive. There is so much, you can imagine with a Pose like that.

Also, on that Kronosaurus. I do not see it using the Tail like a Manatee/Whale. Still not a Fan of the Pose, but if the Mouth is closed, that Kronosaurus looks upwards. To me, it looks more like a seal, that swam fast, changed Direction and floats upwards because of the Momentum. This is a very dynamic pose and it is hard to describe, what i mean. The Tail "drags" in the Water in this Moment. Maybe it is not unter Tension, to steer. ´STill, i need to see more Pictures of it. Museeumline is expensive.

Faelrin

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Glad to see some in hand pics of the Yutyrannus. Looks nearly the same as the prototype paint wise. Safe to say I'm eagerly anticipating this one still.

Come to think of it the pose is kind of similar to the Papo Acrocanthosaurus.

Good to hear some confirmation about the Stegosaurus price as well. What I expected at least. Maybe I can get it later in the year. Will have to wait and see.

Also yes I too go through that with all these releases. It will take me most of this year to catch up and the thing is they don't seem to be slowing down and it is nearly summer now. A few months shy of a year straight of releases from them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Quote from: SidB on May 30, 2021, 05:48:00 PM
I'd like the PNSO triceratops too as a companion for the old Doyle, however, like you avatar_Bread @Bread , I'm a big fan of the Safari, which I have. But another option is to get another Safari and do a PNSO - style repaint on it. Fun thought.
That would be great to do, but sadly I am incapable of painting! My skills lack and could not match the beautiful applications of the Triceratops. Maybe I could send it off to someone?

Anyways, regarding the Yutyrannus pose, I have to agree with everyone. Why the pose and what is it exactly doing? Maybe I can get 3D printed Psittacosaurus (plural) running from this beauty. I do love the colors of this Yutyrannus and it will probably be my favorite figure of the year (for me at least). Again, I just wish this was more of a neutral pose compared to other PNSO therapods.

With the price tag of the Stegosaurus announced, I'll wait for prime availability on that one. For now, my focus is on the Yutyrannus as soon as it comes out.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: