News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on January 07, 2021, 08:14:27 PM
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on January 02, 2021, 03:28:36 PM
The too big scales will be on every new Theropd Figure i guess, and i am okay with that. I think it is also a creative desicion, because these Figures aren't that big ( In General ), so he sculpted them a bit exaggerated to create a more detailed looking Figure. Like using a hefty wash with drybrushing on a Figure to create more Depth. In Nature, Animals are not washed with dark Colour and Highlights, of course. So i would say, that they chose to use bigger scales to make their Figures interesting for a broader range of customers.

Thumbs up!
PNSO's "dream and vision for children" also makes it clear what target audience they are aimed at. The little stories that come with every dino figure are always included and they always teach something about the animal to children.
I am not going to judge the 10-40$ figures like they are museum maquettes or resin kits. They are still toys. Very well researched toys but that doesn't negate a bit of flashiness and fantasy.

I am quite happy PNSO keeps on mixing new/obscure species with more known ones. Not interested in getting the Carnotaurus but it's a pretty cool looking, streamlined figure. Slender Carni is good Carni.

There's no way I would give a child the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus. I let my daughter play with much of my collection but that thing is dangerous.

Carnoking

I seriously don't know who these things are made for. Obviously they market them towards kids knowing collectors will love them too, but I just can't see these in a bin of toys for a kid. Like Gwangi said, a lot of them don't seem play safe, and then there's the question of make and price. Seems a bit high end to give to a kind just to have them smashing them into each other...

LeapingLaelaps

Quote from: Carnoking on January 07, 2021, 11:41:08 PM
I seriously don't know who these things are made for. Obviously they market them towards kids knowing collectors will love them too, but I just can't see these in a bin of toys for a kid. Like Gwangi said, a lot of them don't seem play safe, and then there's the question of make and price. Seems a bit high end to give to a kind just to have them smashing them into each other...

Especially really large models like their Ceratosaurus. It's got sharp, pointy claws and teeth which could do some damage if it hit skin, and I'm sure it would break if thrown on hard ground one too many times.

suspsy

The spikes on the Tuojiangosaurus are exceedingly pointy. My three year old son owns an assortment of Mattel,
CollectA, Kenner, Safari, and Schleich toys, but under no circumstances would I allow him to play with this one.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Stegotyranno420

Just to let you know my friend told me that the Safari Baryonyx has very pointy claws(im not sure if how sharp), so if you plan to get that one, i saw keep it away from young children. Same story for the Mojo Oxalaia, the claws on mine are suprisingly sharp

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: Gwangi on January 07, 2021, 11:37:22 PM
The too big scales will be on every new Theropd Figure i guess, and i am okay with that. I think it is also a creative desicion, because these Figures aren't that big ( In General ), so he sculpted them a bit exaggerated to create a more detailed looking Figure. Like using a hefty wash with drybrushing on a Figure to create more Depth. In Nature, Animals are not washed with dark Colour and Highlights, of course. So i would say, that they chose to use bigger scales to make their Figures interesting for a broader range of customers.

Thumbs up!
PNSO's "dream and vision for children" also makes it clear what target audience they are aimed at. The little stories that come with every dino figure are always included and they always teach something about the animal to children.
I am not going to judge the 10-40$ figures like they are museum maquettes or resin kits. They are still toys. Very well researched toys but that doesn't negate a bit of flashiness and fantasy.

I am quite happy PNSO keeps on mixing new/obscure species with more known ones. Not interested in getting the Carnotaurus but it's a pretty cool looking, streamlined figure. Slender Carni is good Carni.

There's no way I would give a child the PNSO Tuojiangosaurus. I let my daughter play with much of my collection but that thing is dangerous.

There is no way I'd give a child my Papo Pentaceratops because of all the sharp bits when even one of my friends nicked her finger on the back ridges. Doesn't change the fact it's supposed to be a toy.
Remember the context I posted this in: this was about scales looking enlarged on the PNSO figs, not about safety hazard.

PS:
PNSO make a concentrated effort to produce little dinosaur stories in easy language, these are 100% for kids, accompanied by the dino figure to look at and learn from. Not all toys are "bash and mash" or to be thrown in a bin. And there are plenty of kids who collect together with their parents and are responsible in handling the figures.

ceratopsian

They also produce a lot of books that are aimed squarely at children.

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 08, 2021, 08:37:26 AM

And yet I love to look at them ;)

ceratopsian

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on January 08, 2021, 08:45:02 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on January 08, 2021, 08:37:26 AM

And yet I love to look at them ;)

I have only two, one in English and one in Chinese - but I love them too.  I don't have any of the myriad small ones.

Dinoxels

I ordered the Carno on the 5th from Dan's Dinosaurs, and only got an order confirmation. Is this normal?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 08, 2021, 10:20:07 AM
I ordered the Carno on the 5th from Dan's Dinosaurs, and only got an order confirmation. Is this normal?

Are you worried that you didn't get a notification that the figure has shipped? I didn't get one when I ordered the Machairoceratops from Dan's. I didn't get any notifications about it at all, so it was a total surprise when it showed up on my doorstep yesterday (for reference, I placed my order Nov. 30).
Check out my customs thread!

Bread

Usually it takes a few days for an order to be shipped out, especially since it is PNSO. If you are worried you could always contact Dan's Dinosaurs.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 08, 2021, 12:12:28 PM
I didn't get one when I ordered the Machairoceratops from Dan's. I didn't get any notifications about it at all, so it was a total surprise when it showed up on my doorstep yesterday (for reference, I placed my order Nov. 30).
Oh okay! Thanks for informing me!
Quote from: Bread on January 08, 2021, 12:12:57 PM
If you are worried you could always contact Dan's Dinosaurs.
That's what I was going to do, now that I heard that information from Dusty I may just wait and see what happens.

Bread

I assume PNSO will be releasing something this weekend. I am so eager to see what they release next! Hopefully a genus they have already hinted in the past. The Edmontonia, Zhuchengtyrannus, Parasaurolophus, Allosaurus?

I've noticed that most of their releases either fall towards the end of the week or on the weekends, primarily Saturday. Every reveal is somewhat random, but most are usually a little over a week after the previous figure is released.

TethysaurusUK

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 02, 2020, 09:46:24 PM
Looking at the Skulls, it looks like, it will not be A. fragilis. But i am no Expert. (A. fragilis is on top.)
But maybe, these Skulls aren't accurate.

I think, we have enough Allosaurs as Figures, but we'll see :)

The skull has the diagnostic ventrally deep jugal margin of A. fragilis as opposed to the straight jugal margin of A. jimmadseni

suspsy

I'd much prefer laying eyes on the Zhuchengtyrannus before any others, but whatever gets revealed next, I am fully confident that we will all be impressed.

As it stands, PNSO has the finest 2021 assortment of any company, hands down, period. CollectA's comes in second, although theirs does easily beat out PNSO's in terms of diversity. PNSO so far has only one non-dinosaur (Atopodentatus); CollectA has five ranging from mammal to pterosaur to plesiosaur to fish and to cephalopod. But perhaps PNSO will surprise us in the coming weeks. Any pterosaur or additional marine reptile would be swell.

Safari's assortment I would rank in third place due to the low number, but they're all beautifully done, especially the two by Doug (naturally). Schleich's new stuff ranges from passable to grotesque. And in last place is definitely Papo. How the mighty have fallen.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on January 08, 2021, 08:09:19 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 07, 2021, 11:37:22 PM

Thumbs up!

There is no way I'd give a child my Papo Pentaceratops because of all the sharp bits when even one of my friends nicked her finger on the back ridges. Doesn't change the fact it's supposed to be a toy.
Remember the context I posted this in: this was about scales looking enlarged on the PNSO figs, not about safety hazard.

PS:
PNSO make a concentrated effort to produce little dinosaur stories in easy language, these are 100% for kids, accompanied by the dino figure to look at and learn from. Not all toys are "bash and mash" or to be thrown in a bin. And there are plenty of kids who collect together with their parents and are responsible in handling the figures.

I'm just making a general statement, not trying to refute your claim or argue it, so there's no need to get defensive about it. I'm fully aware of PNSO's marketing strategy, thank you very much.

Over9K

Check your account page, they show the status of orders pretty well...

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on January 08, 2021, 07:42:58 PM
I'd much prefer laying eyes on the Zhuchengtyrannus before any others, but whatever gets revealed next, I am fully confident that we will all be impressed.
I'd agree, either the Zhuchengtyrannus or Edmontonia, I will be most likely impressed with anything they release. Both of these have been slightly revealed in the past so I'd like if they just came out with a release already.

Dinoxels

I checked, it still says "awaiting fulfilment".

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: